It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are alpha males superior?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i grease the tread on my boot with alpha males.

Tony Lama would be proud, you big fat furry Texan!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So wots an Omega Male?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

How does google always know?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Dis is Smith as an Omega Male

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm not an Alpha Male...
Wouldn't wish to be an Alpha Male.

I'm me.
Without the external definitions of whatever the heck apparently decides the internal and integral worth of a person.

Happy enough being that.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: alien

if you don't fall in line with the paradigm they'll force feed you fluoride. Or so i've heard.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Fluoride causes the alpha gland to calcify turning even an omega into a beta. #RealScience

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

*Bites tongue over Pseudoscience* .... what about us Sigma males?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Bro....you know I live on a farm right...with natural bore-water and a stream/river that runs alongside it...so not on town-supply...devoid of fluoride or other additives.

Plus you know what in the cabinets may be waiting for anyone attempting to add anything dubious to our water bore...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
from the top of the thread:

The types of people who want to be dominant or domineering are often narcissists, psychopaths, sociopaths, sadists, and those with all kinds of other antisocial traits. This group is mostly the weakest of the weak in my mind.

Our society favours so called alpha males which get on the top not for their merits, but for the traits mentioned above. Look at the swamp. No one in the higher ranks of politics should be where they are, including Trump. The reality is that people don't admire them, most would decribe them as ethically inferior.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kreidebrei
from the top of the thread:

The types of people who want to be dominant or domineering are often narcissists, psychopaths, sociopaths, sadists, and those with all kinds of other antisocial traits. This group is mostly the weakest of the weak in my mind.

Our society favours so called alpha males which get on the top not for their merits, but for the traits mentioned above. Look at the swamp. No one in the higher ranks of politics should be where they are, including Trump. The reality is that people don't admire them, most would decribe them as ethically inferior.

What does that mean in the big picture?

1. The cream often doesn't rise to the top.

I've never known someone who strove to be dominant or domineering over other people who I thought was a good person. On the other hand, if a person gets into that position because others are pushing them there, that's completely different.

2. Why are women so often attracted to scumbags?

The reason is because they so frequently want alpha males who are usually scumbags.

I can relate to the situation mentioned directly above because I am usually attracted to dominant or domineering women. Now that I think about it, I can't think of one of them that I've dated/married whom I can call a genuinely good person. Don't get me wrong, aspects of their personalities were wonderful, but their weaknesses precluded them from being what I would consider a genuinely good person.

I really think there's something inherently wrong with a human being craving being dominant or domineering over another person. That topic deserves its own thread.

a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I agree that genuine omega males have to be strong like that in order to survive. They have to take responsibility for their lives in a way that most alpha and beta males do not. John Rambo in the film First Blood was the epitome of a genuine omega male in my mind. When you look at it from that point of view, who would you want to be between an alpha male, a beta male, and an omega male? I would say that a being a top-class alpha male is the best position to be in, genuine omega males have it second best, and I wouldn't want to be any of the other categories.

The following scene portrays what we're discussing in this thread in my opinion. John Rambo is a genuine omega male, Colonel Samuel Trautman is a top-flight alpha male who achieved his status for the right reasons, and town sheriff Will Teasle is a weak, stupid alpha male who achieved his status for the wrong reasons.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Profusion: people often fall in love not for the positive traits of a person but for the negative ones (try and make a list!) But that's off topic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join