It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Thicke Dead at 69

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
RIP Alan. I grew up watching him every week and loved his character on Growing Pains. 2016 has sucked for celebrity deaths....

TV icon Alan Thicke has died ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Alan had a heart attack while he was playing hockey with his 19-year-old son, Carter. He was transported to Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center around noon today, and pronounced dead there.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... a company that recovers organs was contacted, so some of Thicke's organs could be donated. He's survived by his 3 sons -- Robin, Brennan and Carter ... and his wife, Tanya.

Alan played hockey regularly at a rink in Burbank. We're told he and Carter were on the ice around 11 AM when he started having chest pain, then got nauseous and vomited. The ambulance picked him up around 11:30 and took him to the hospital.

Source

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A few little known but interesting facts about him as well:

He was also the composer of several popular theme songs, including the original theme to "The Wheel of Fortune," and shows such as "The Facts of Life" and "Diff'rent Strokes."

He was a major influence on a lot of people from his time on Growing Pains and I would say one of the best "TV dad's" I ever watched. Very interesting person in general. I will have to binge on some old shows this week methinks....

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Oh, that guy on TIm and Eric.

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
he was 69? he was a Canadian right? I haven`t seen him since growing pains but that doesn`t seem that long ago,i must be getting old.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Wow, we were just talking about him after hearing one of those "tax troubles?" commercials on the radio a couple nights ago. Sucks for his family, but at least he died spending time with his son.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I grew up with him living down the street. Everybody i knew who interacted with him liked him. My sisters friends used to hang out at his house and said he was a great guy. Always fun to be around.

Sad to see him go.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sad news

He was also a great actor. The dude cracked me up.

Peace be with you Allen Thick

edit on 14-12-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Beer

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
R.I.P Alan Thicke

Thanks for your contributions to TV.

new topics

top topics

join