It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Essentially Trump is replacing lawyer politicians with highly successful businessmen

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
You guys do realize that it's these high end business people that have lobbied Washington extensively over the last 30 years to move jobs over seas to create bigger margins for their bottom line.

originally posted by: Xeven
It really is a coup. He really is in large part draining the swamp of lawyers. Most of the people in cabinet positions and even the Presidency have been lawyers.

The lawyer politicians are mad as hell about it and so are their bought and paid for MSM talking heads. The lawyers have infested our Government in every corner.

I am very hopeful these highly successful and intelligent men will do much better for the US than the lawyers have.

Even Hillary is a disbarred lawyer.

Shhhhh...no, These guy are our friends. 2008 crash? That hardly affected any families in the States. And remember how the banks and financial institutions attoned for their despicable behaviour which led to the crash? Remember how they held back on million dollar bonuses that year? That was nice of them to show some humility for destroying(yes, DESTROYING) lives. The environment? No, you have it all wrong, these companies really care about not polluting.

Trump is a man of the people. Sure he got there by sh*tting on the little guy as he did with the landowners in Scotland or by forming bullsh*t organisations like Trump University which actively encouarged their sales staff to try to be really pushy about roping people in, even single mothers and others who might not be financially stable enough to afford the "courses", sure he has a private plane with his name on the side, sure his house has as much gold in it as a Saudi prince's house..but OTHER than those things, he's just like the single mom or dad working 2 jobs to take care of their kids. Ignore his incredibly distasteful shows of wealth and you got regular Joe.

I know that none of these points will be addressed since they so far have not in this thread and others and i will be labelled a Hillary lover, which i am not, shes awful too. or a sore loser=, which im not as im in the UK.

Is that how they do it in the UK?

Are you speaking from experience?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Republicans need to realize that tax breaks don't bring back jobs. All they do is allow the corporations to 1. buy back shares of their stock or 2. corporations will save that money and 3. raise their dividends.

Republican leaders already know that, hence why they do it (while having no problem outsourcing jobs in the first place). So I'm guessing you mean Republican voters?

Republican leaders also tend to like recessions since recessions depress wages and increase the size of the the available labor pool. This leaves desperate workers to compete with each other over the few remaining (& lower paying) jobs.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Lawyers are a scum, as everybody knows.

They have infested all corners of policy making, lawyer societies have monopolised the law making and have became the middle man between the big corporate interests and the elected officials.

Layers are a scum. Its about time to get rid of them.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The problem i see is that none of these people where voted in by anyone.

Trump has in effect turned the USA into a overt corperocracy.
THANK YOU

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
You guys do realize that it's these high end business people that have lobbied Washington extensively over the last 30 years to move jobs over seas to create bigger margins for their bottom line.

originally posted by: Xeven
It really is a coup. He really is in large part draining the swamp of lawyers. Most of the people in cabinet positions and even the Presidency have been lawyers.

The lawyer politicians are mad as hell about it and so are their bought and paid for MSM talking heads. The lawyers have infested our Government in every corner.

I am very hopeful these highly successful and intelligent men will do much better for the US than the lawyers have.

Even Hillary is a disbarred lawyer.

Shhhhh...no, These guy are our friends. 2008 crash? That hardly affected any families in the States. And remember how the banks and financial institutions attoned for their despicable behaviour which led to the crash? Remember how they held back on million dollar bonuses that year? That was nice of them to show some humility for destroying(yes, DESTROYING) lives. The environment? No, you have it all wrong, these companies really care about not polluting.

Trump is a man of the people. Sure he got there by sh*tting on the little guy as he did with the landowners in Scotland or by forming bullsh*t organisations like Trump University which actively encouarged their sales staff to try to be really pushy about roping people in, even single mothers and others who might not be financially stable enough to afford the "courses", sure he has a private plane with his name on the side, sure his house has as much gold in it as a Saudi prince's house..but OTHER than those things, he's just like the single mom or dad working 2 jobs to take care of their kids. Ignore his incredibly distasteful shows of wealth and you got regular Joe.

I know that none of these points will be addressed since they so far have not in this thread and others and i will be labelled a Hillary lover, which i am not, shes awful too. or a sore loser=, which im not as im in the UK.

Is that how they do it in the UK?

Are you speaking from experience?

How they do what mate?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
A while back I where I worked I became smoking buddy with a janitor at the office. He was a poor black dude. Very articulate and funny guy. One day when we were having a smoke he told me he was probably going to jail. I asked him for what. He stated that he was married had 4 kids, and two jobs. He recently was at city hall paying off a traffic ticket that took all the extra money he had. He said he was so poor after this that he was getting all groceries for his entire from a food shelter. He said that when leaving the city hall he had a cold and coughed up some phlegm and spit it on the sidewalk. An officer walked up and presented him a citation.

He was unable to pay the fine. Showed up and got the extensions, but the 3rd one they said only one more extension. He couldn't pay that one. Then they issued a warrant for his arrest.

He was told that he would spend the weekend in jail and then be fined 200 more dollars to pay for his time in jail. All of this is very logical to a lawyer.

The problem with lawyers becoming politicians is they think their job is to create more laws. The reason for this is they believe laws solve problems. Very few of them believe they create problems. You see all the cop hatred these days in the USA? Sure some of it is because a percentage of cops are bad people - but the real problem is they have to enforce the law that all of these politicians make. These politicians keep making new laws because they are lawyers.

For instance, the guy that was strangled by the NYCPD was strangled because he sold ONE cigarette to someone. That is illegal in NYC.

Bravo for Trump in draining the swamp of all of these people addicted to making more laws and making more and more people miserable every day.
edit on 15-12-2016 by Fools because: enforce

edit on 15-12-2016 by Fools because: ...

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
"It really is a coup. He really is in large part draining the swamp of lawyers"

I can´t remember the "enraged, concerned and left-behind" people voting for him because of draining the swamp of lawyers. I thought i heard and read that it was about kicking the establishment in the back, to learn TPTB a lesson.
Well, good that "successful businessmen" are "not establishment", are "not the rich elite" that doesn´t care for anybody else than itself and it´s money bin...

"I am very hopeful these highly successful and intelligent men will do much better for the US than the lawyers have"

Yes, because "successful businessmen" are worldwide known to care for "enraged, concerned" and most of all "left-behind" people. Because "successful businessmen" are know to be the most trustworthy people on earth.
"Successful businessmen" are successful when they make a lot of money, by dodging taxes, by exploiting workers. But if they need money, taxpayers money is good to save their businesses, ask Trump!

Why can´t you Trump voters admit that you were fooled? When Trump is obvisiously not planning to drain the swamp, like promised for votes, but only changing the gators in the swamp, his voters say: But this gators are good gators. Everything Trump does is of advantage for the "concerned, enraged and left-behind" people.

Some said it has something to do with education. The lower the education, the more the concerned, enraged and left-behind people are willing to vote for those rightwinger "saviours", are willing to believe their lies and promises.
First i thought that this is a too cheap reason, they can´t be all just uneducated.

But since the alleged billionair Trump is gathering his billionair friends around him, since he took all the promises back he made for votes, hours after he was elected, since you can see who is nominated by Trump and his voters still are defending him, i really think it must have to do something with education and intelligence.

People have eyes but are not willing to see, sad!

Indeed it is very sad. Many of his cabinet and advisor picks are quite concerning. He is in no way draining the swamp by bringing in millionaire/billionaire business people. These are people or the very same ilk that benefited immensely from trickle down Reaganomics. This man, the future POTUS, has at times literally contradicted himself within 60 seconds. I'm sure that the TRUMPeters will give me flack for that statement but I don't really care. I have never seen cognitive dissonance to this degree in my time on this planet . One thing Trump is correct about is him not loosing a supporter even if he shot someone on fifth avenue. This has degenerated into a left/right hatefest that has not likely before exploded to this magnitude.

This man, the future POTUS, can literally say and do as he pleases and his diehards will still defend him. He can literally contradict himself and his supporters find a way to justify it. He can literally break "campaign promises" and his supporters will justify and defend it. What happened to his "Special Prosecutor" for Hillary(which he would have no right to appoint). Why are the Clinton's all of the sudden great people and Hillary's record of public service great as well? Seriously WTF?

Sure this is just another anti Trump post. Give me a break. FTR I believe that the Clinton's are almost as bad as the Bush's. They probably would have been just as bad, if not worse, if their dynasty succeeded.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The big difference between Trump's picks and the former career politician cabinets is - Trump's people have real life experience. They understand how the real world works. Even the politicians he is choosing seem to have recent real life experience as compared to career/lifer politicians. The generals also have been around the world, right in the heart of the action, and they know what is really going on beyond the walls of Senate.

I think that many career politicians live in a bubble. All they know is what happens in their little circle and what they are told by MSM.

This new cabinet knows how to get things done in the real world. They know what we need.

I am hopeful for the future.

Singapore is the best example of achieving a turnaround. Back in the 1980's, it had the reputation of being a seedy place with drug dealers, sex shops, prositutions of all persuasions, crime, muggings, corruot government. The people got fed up and voted in army generals to clean up the place. They implemented a program of reconstruction. They basically demolished and rebuilt over every crime hotspot. New shopping malls, car parks, apartments, better street lighting, more police, tougher laws. They also invested in technology like GIS systems to help reduce traffic congestion due to roadworks. They also used integrated networks to help government departments to work with each other and communicate with the public. AI systems were used to improve productivity of cargo container ports. Eventually the criminals moved out to other countries or gave up. Now Singapore has an annual growth rate of 10%

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: crazyewok
The problem i see is that none of these people where voted in by anyone.

Trump has in effect turned the USA into a overt corperocracy.
THANK YOU

Actually the problem IS.

A bunch of people whine about evil 'corporations' then turn around and snip about not making a 'living wage' and having a job.

Cause wages and jobs come from BUSINESS.

I especially LOVED how the LAWYERS screwed people out of the social security cost of living raise this year, and the years before that where there wasn't none at all.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yeah because if anyone knows how to cut corners on running things it's CEO's. I'm sure you loved the CEO of Exon when gas was $5 a gallon.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

There's something very important that you're leaving out about Singapore. They've also implemented some of the harshest anti-crime laws in the world, giving them the nickname "Disneyland with the Death Penalty"!

Here's a link (HERE) with some of the odd things that are illegal in Singapore, which include things like singing ballads in public, importing or selling chewing gum, "annoying someone with a musical instrument", and walking in the nude at home. By the way, all of those can result in fines of several thousand Dollars, a 3 month jail term, or both.

Homosexuality is also banned there, resulting in a 2 year prison sentence for "offenders". And getting caught jaywalking twice results in a fine of up to $2,000 and six months in jail (the first offense is only a $20 fine on the spot, a fine of up to $1,000, or three months of jail time).

And did I mention that their drug laws carry mandatory death sentences? Importing drugs into Singapore results in the death penalty, but even the mere possession of 30 grams of coc aine or 500 grams of cannabis results in a mandatory death penalty. Here's a link for more of the capital punishment laws there.

I've often wondered why people are so quick to point out Saudi Arabia's screwed up laws, but so quick to ignore Singapore's screwed up laws. Singapore even does canings as a part of their punishments.

ETA: Correction in the 1st paragraph. They're not a single party country.
edit on 15-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

You do realize that those 'lawyer politicians' are only middle men to whom Trump is now hiring right? The Administration Trump is building is full pf people who paid those politicians to pass certain laws and vote certain ways and lie to the American people, Trump included, only now they don't have to pay anyone.

How exactly is removing the middle man doing anyone any good if you're promoting the financer to the position of the former politician? How is anything going to change when the financer was the one making the decisions all along anyways?
edit on 12/15/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Exactly exactly exactly! First they claim that lawyers and lobbyists are corrupting govts and need to be removed. Then they claim it's smart to replace those lawyers and lobbyists with the same powerful clients who hire them to corrupt govts in the first place! LOL

Who do they think is hiring lobbyists to push for tax cuts for the rich? Or to push for extra loopholes to allow more offshore accounts? Or for more taxpayer funded subsidies to already profitable energy companies?

People like myself bashed Hillary & her husband for making hundreds of thousands of dollars for mere speeches at Goldman Sachs & similar companies. But why? I was against it because I figured it was a glorified bribe to guarantee she'd push policies that favored them over us normal citizens. But now I'm thinking many other people here only attacked her for it because she's Hillary. Now Goldman won't have to pay the president's spouse for favorable Executive branch policies because they got a direct spot in the next administration!
edit on 15-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

No offense, but anecdotal evidence can go both ways. People can easily point out anecdotal experiences that show the opposite result. And as for this:

The problem with lawyers becoming politicians is they think their job is to create more laws.

That's because it is a politician's job to make laws if he/she is in the legislative branch. That's why they're called "lawmakers". And even executive branches have the authority to make new regulations. In fact, even the judicial branch can reshape and rewrite laws (like how a single Supreme Court ruling can overturn the marriage laws in several States).

Ironically, won't the non-lawyer politicians also be writing new laws because they think those new laws will solve problems? How else do you think Trump's going to build his wall? They'll still have to push new laws to authorize it, fund it, and navigate the various State laws for each border State. They're going to require new laws to pass nearly everything he's claimed he wants, including new laws to repeal existing laws (remember, he supposedly wants to repeal a lot of Pres Obama's policies).

So how is this any different just because it's being implemented by someone who doesn't have a law background?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
These businessmen are the ones that have been ripping us off for years with their business practices. Their goal is to separate us from our money anyway possible. I'm surprised they haven't figured out how to charge us for air. Yet idiots think it was a good idea to give them the keys to the white house.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

You mean like this?

Can 'canned air' curb pollution and benefit our health?

The popularity of Canada's Vitality Air is nothing compared to the monumental success achieved by Chen Guangbiao, a Chinese multimillionaire, who sold eight million cans of fresh air in China in a ten-day period in February 2013. Each can costs roughly 80 cents (`53), and purportedly contained air from pristine areas of China like Xinjiang and Taiwan. As smog levels in Beijing and nearby areas rose to alarming levels, the sales of the cans soared too.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
When the US Government because USA LLC or USACORP ...

Just be forewarned that you will openly be bought/sold as a trade good.

Sure, it's not perfect now ... but at least we still have some sense that we're not totally just a fleshy commodity, and that the government isn't out to make the wealther richer and brainwash us into bowing down to our new corporate royalty.

Corporate royalty. America is heading into a new era of feudalism like the Dark Ages. A digital dark ages with corporate royalty with global CEO's making pro-business, not pro-people policy for Americans.

Have fun living in corporatocracy...

And I was under the impression ATS folks hated crony-capitalism? Oh, that's right! It's not crony-capitalism when its my team, right?!

Got it!!

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

No offense, but anecdotal evidence can go both ways. People can easily point out anecdotal experiences that show the opposite result. And as for this:

The problem with lawyers becoming politicians is they think their job is to create more laws.

That's because it is a politician's job to make laws if he/she is in the legislative branch. That's why they're called "lawmakers". And even executive branches have the authority to make new regulations. In fact, even the judicial branch can reshape and rewrite laws (like how a single Supreme Court ruling can overturn the marriage laws in several States).

Ironically, won't the non-lawyer politicians also be writing new laws because they think those new laws will solve problems? How else do you think Trump's going to build his wall? They'll still have to push new laws to authorize it, fund it, and navigate the various State laws for each border State. They're going to require new laws to pass nearly everything he's claimed he wants, including new laws to repeal existing laws (remember, he supposedly wants to repeal a lot of Pres Obama's policies).

So how is this any different just because it's being implemented by someone who doesn't have a law background?

Why couldn't it be the job of a politician to uphold current laws and review bad laws that need to be amended or reversed? Why do we NEVER see laws reversed? Even if we do, it happens once a decade or so. Marijuana laws are a good example.

Also, you are having issues understanding the Supreme Court as identified by the constitution. THeir job is to make sure that laws passed by the legislative and executive branch are constitutional. It is sad that so many think they are the end all be all in regard to the United States political process.

And please for a moment, can you just let your guard down and admit that there are SO MANY dumb laws that it boggles the mind. And none of these payouts from citizens help other citizens, they usually go back to enrich the bureaucracy that supports the system.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Why couldn't it be the job of a politician to uphold current laws and review bad laws that need to be amended or reversed?

They do that too, though they're called lawmakers for a reason. The whole point of the legislative branch is to create new legislation; also known as "make new laws". Every State, local, or federal budget is a set of new laws because all budgets have expiration dates. And even when they want to continue with a previous budget, they still have to either submit a new budget w/the same figures as the previous budget or pass a continuing resolution (I'm still learning the process though, so I could be leaving out other steps).

Why do we NEVER see laws reversed? Even if we do, it happens once a decade or so. Marijuana laws are a good example.

That's simply not true. California, Maine, Massachusetts and Nevada all just legalized maryjane for recreational use this election cycle lol. And that doesn't even include the other States that have also passed recreational maryjane or the 20+ States that have passed medical maryjane laws. Many cities have even decriminalized possession of various drugs.

And at the State and local level, various other laws get reversed and/or nullified all the time. This includes budgets and tax laws, civil rights related laws, laws that previously restricted gun possession in various places, etc.

Also, you are having issues understanding the Supreme Court as identified by the constitution. THeir job is to make sure that laws passed by the legislative and executive branch are constitutional. It is sad that so many think they are the end all be all in regard to the United States political process.

That's not all they do and you should know that. For example, the laws that banned interracial marriage in the South were enshrined in various State Constitutions. But the "Loving v Virginia" case nullified all of their Constitutions. And the "Obergefell v. Hodges" case in 2015 legalized gay marriage throughout the country, literally overturning legislation in many States. There are plenty of other examples but I feel no need to research an obvious point.

Either way, it's the carefully crafted wording in the Supreme Court's rulings that determine how the related laws will be interpreted and enforced throughout the country (for the record, all courts do this). Ironically, that's the argument that's usually made against "activist judges", since they're seen as using the wordings in their rulings to create new legal interpretations which then must be enforced as law. So please tell me how that doesn't count as making laws too?

And please for a moment, can you just let your guard down and admit that there are SO MANY dumb laws that it boggles the mind.

Oh, so you're deflecting now? I never said there weren't many dumb laws out there. I just don't think it's only politicians with law backgrounds that make those dumb laws. For example, the upcoming "Trump Wall" related laws come to mind.

And none of these payouts from citizens help other citizens, they usually go back to enrich the bureaucracy that supports the system.

I'm not sure what this has to do with my post. Can you explain?

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Yes tax laws that were written by lawyers that were paid for by these big corporations. Now these big corporations have direct control. So usual the rich will continue to gather more wealth as the rest of us get left even further behind.

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join