It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahead Of Trump Meeting, IBM Says It Will Hire 25,000 In U.S

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: xuenchen

Those numbers don't add up. Who are they hiring? $1 billion over 4 years is $250 million/year. $250 million only buys you about 1250 engineers but they're claiming 6250 people per year.

Sounds to me like a lot of very low paying positions. In fact, 25,000 people into 1 billion is only $40,000 per person. Not even an actual middle class wage.

IBM is making a strong move to ramp up their cloud offering. This has been known for some time.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The left's worst fear is that Trump will actually do a good job. They would see America crumble rather than prosper just to serve their own sycophantic world view.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Like I said I'm Skeptical when it comes to anything that IBM is associated with. I'm waiting to see how it turns out and hoping I'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I have a computer engineering degree and have been in the industry for almost 20 years doing computer science type work. I agree with much of what you said , but when it comes to IBM I'm very Skeptical.

I'm very familiar with the IBM internal workings.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yep and this is the start of corporations taking over just like every movie with a dystopian future. Can't wait. Soylent Green is people! (Sorry, couldn't resist)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So like 25,000 people hired to twiddle their thumbs in cubicles? Doesn't sound like she has much of a plan. Just talk as usual.

I think she is just over excited Trump Won.

edit on 14-12-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I can't figure out why everyone is giving kudos to Trump for this. This type of thing at a company doesn't just happen overnight -- was in the planning for a long time. I actually think it was a Trump dis -- this came out BEFORE they are to meet. But... ummm... okayyyy... yeah.... Trump means business. Can't wait for a new tweet about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
IBM's in a transitional period, its not the big blue of old where everything was made by them, they're slowly moving out of the actual physical production of systems and more into a sort of consultancy where what you want will be done for you as seen by the fact they've signed up to partner with Apple.

So while they want 25k people for certain tasks i'd imagine those on the iseries/Zos etc will be worried that they could be let off as mainframe shops finally decide to use newer tech

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: Aazadan

Those numbers don't add up. Who are they hiring? $1 billion over 4 years is $250 million/year. $250 million only buys you about 1250 engineers but they're claiming 6250 people per year.

Sounds to me like a lot of very low paying positions. In fact, 25,000 people into 1 billion is only $40,000 per person. Not even an actual middle class wage.

Maybe they are planning on making parts here in America. That is a great wage for making parts. $40k a year is not bad money.

40k here in California is the equivalent to 10K/yr almost everywhere else. a gallon of milk is 6$ USD in some places.

but i wish they wouldnt inflate their numbers just for rhetoric's sake. have a sound plan and outline it. it will still be better than what we have now minus all the special effects.

go Trump.

That is why I don't live in California. California's government rapes the citizens. Where I live 40,000 dollars is a job that would not only support my family and I, but I would also have some investing options.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
IBM's in a transitional period, its not the big blue of old where everything was made by them, they're slowly moving out of the actual physical production of systems and more into a sort of consultancy where what you want will be done for you as seen by the fact they've signed up to partner with Apple.

So while they want 25k people for certain tasks i'd imagine those on the iseries/Zos etc will be worried that they could be let off as mainframe shops finally decide to use newer tech

Well they need someone to still build their and apple's new computer. Maybe an all American computer. To help people here who need jobs.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I want to see what AT&T does next...
What they did to their engineering staff, and the synergy in the infrastructure of the company, has to be one of the worst on record, yet you do not hear much about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join