It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahead Of Trump Meeting, IBM Says It Will Hire 25,000 In U.S

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Now IBM has announced they be hiring 25,000 people over 4 years !!

IBM CEO says this ahead of a planned meeting of tech companies with Trump.

CEO Ginni Rometty is also on Trump's advisory panel of business leaders.

Looks like he means "business" with keeping and creating American jobs.

Ahead Of Trump Meeting, IBM Says It Will Hire 25,000 In U.S

IBM (IBM) Chief Executive Ginni Rometty said Tuesday she plans to hire about 25,000 people in the U.S. and invest $1 billion over the next four years, laying out her vision for filling technology jobs in America on the eve of a meeting of industry leaders with President-elect Donald Trump.

Rometty, who is on Trump's advisory panel of business leaders, will join Facebook's (FB) Sheryl Sandberg, Amazon.com's (AMZN) Jeff Bezos and Alphabet's (GOOGL) Larry Page and Eric Schmidt at a summit with Trump on Wednesday in New York that is said to focus on jobs.

During the run-up to the election, Trump made employment issues a mainstay of his campaign, promising to scrap trade deals he viewed as draining jobs from the country and impose tariffs on imports if necessary. He has since claimed credit for preventing thousands of manufacturing jobs from moving overseas and used state incentives to strike a deal with Carrier, a unit of United Technologies (UTX), to pull back on its plans to move some operations to Mexico.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have the feeling that ATS could start a forum just for discussing the myriad number of ways that Donald Trump is/will make America even Greater over the next 8 years, and beyond!
edit on 12/13/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Are we tired of winning yet folks?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Pay to Play...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Absolutely not!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
Pay to Play...

I see where you are going with this, however...

If the consequence of this pay to play scenario is 25,000 new jobs then I cannot see it failing the American people at all.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Barack Obama might be.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The stock market can't stop going up.

Apparently having a pro-business President elect is a good thing for business...who would have thunk?!
edit on 2016/12/13 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

BREAKING: President Elect Donald Trump selects Charlie Sheen for a new position in his cabinet!

Secretary of WINNING

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

As a small business owner/LLC that has been operational for 41 years, the last 12 years of paying to play has been detrimental for me (and many others)...

Bout damn time we try something different!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I see where you are going with this, however...

I like what he is doing and look forward to more. Now, after that disclaimer, tell me - where did you think I was going with this, especially since you threw in however...

Don't be a chump, just be honest, you didn't catch on quick enough, huh?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Those 25,000 jobs will be given to people from India that have the training and work ethic and work for peanuts.

Just look at the nationalities working for high tech companies now.

www.latimes.com...

www.wsj.com...

That's how we do business in Merica. Profit is God....bend over
edit on 13-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

edit on 12/13/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Those 25,000 jobs will be given to people from India that have the training and work ethic and work for peanuts.

www.latimes.com...

www.wsj.com...

So are immigrants good or bad now?
All hail diversity!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Here's a weird thought.. let's see where it goes before rolling around and screaming and tears flying about jobs going overseas.

Doesn't seem like the new President likes that.

You may be wrong about this... like about 80%ish of your posting history.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

www.latimes.com...

www.wsj.com...

You mean because this generation has been raised to feel privileged and thinks they will make $1million by posting viral videos and coming up with quirky meme's? Or that they feel entitled to making more money with less work and little education?

Hell yeah people from India will move here to take those jobs. They understand the value of a dollar because they live in poverty. They will also be given work visa's by IBM to come here to do it. And guess why....because right now in America, the cost of an education that promises a job like IBM may offer is more than anyone can pay back in a timely enough manner to enjoy what they may earn from hard work.

See....it isn't the people taking the jobs from other countries that is the problem. Trump is obviously making an impact and creating jobs. The trouble is that there are SO many things wrong with the way our society works from the top down and the feeling of entitlement by the current youth is so strong that they would rather sit on their butts and play games all day living on daddy's money before they would ever lift a finger for a job that paid less than $75K/year in the tech industry.

Anywho...I digress.

Great for Trump and great for IBM....maybe it will help IBM come back in the hardware sector. Hopefully other tech companies will follow suit....Apple for instance....they could use to bring some manufacturing back to the US in a big way.

Can't wait to see how many other companies Trump brings in....with the stock market killing it the way it is now, I see the US becoming stronger than ever in the next 8 years!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale
a reply to: olaru12

You may be wrong about this... like about 80%ish of your posting history.

You stalking me bro. Why the interest in my posting history. You keepin score? You haven't been here that long to know my MO; I smell a sock puppet....... anyway I've eaten my crow and then some.

But in the real world, I have currently 3 LLC doing ok, 5 full time employees, plus union gigs with the entertainment industry. And we don't let snotty children in the front door.

edit on 13-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Those numbers don't add up. Who are they hiring? $1 billion over 4 years is $250 million/year. $250 million only buys you about 1250 engineers but they're claiming 6250 people per year.

Sounds to me like a lot of very low paying positions. In fact, 25,000 people into 1 billion is only $40,000 per person. Not even an actual middle class wage.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

www.latimes.com...

www.wsj.com...

While that's somewhat true, populations are also a factor. India has more 4.0 students than we have total students. So, it's only natural they're going to be highly represented.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
Pay to Play...

As long as American Companies keep their jobs here, why not? It is better for America. More jobs, ya know? Like what Obama administration said would help with Isis. More jobs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join