It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOPS: Podesta Email Hack Was the Result of a Simple Typo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Looks like some bad advice Podesta got from staffer Charles Delavan. Podesta received a phishing email that was false google telling him that hackers tried to get into his account. When Podesta asked him what to do, Charles the brilliant told him to respond through the phishing email on accident. Ta Da wikileaks got the juice on Podesta's emails.
All I can say to Charles is:

A new report reveals that a typo opened up Podesta’s account to be hacked.

Last March, Podesta received an email purportedly from Google saying hackers had tried to infiltrate his Gmail account. When an aide emailed the campaign’s IT staff to ask if the notice was real, Clinton campaign aide Charles Delavan replied that it was “a legitimate email” and that Podesta should “change his password immediately.”

Instead of telling the aide that the email was a threat and that a good response would be to change his password directly through Google’s website, he had inadvertently told the aide to click on the fraudulent email and give the attackers access to the account.

Delavan told the Times he had intended to type “illegitimate,” a typo he still has not forgiven himself for making.

It was a phishing scam, and one that I’m willing to bet most or all of us have seen some variation of, at some point in time. I certainly have.

Most of us, however, know to send those straight to our spam folders.

WikiLeaks got their hands on Podesta’s emails after that – about 10 years worth – and it was all over but the crying, then.

www.redstate.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a typo? That`s what I would say too if I was incompetent and gave really bad advice.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Poor stupid Charles, he may very well have sunk a whole lot of people's political careers in the a$$.

edit on 13-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

yeah, he`s trying to literally save his ass and not end up on Hillary`s hit list, if this election has proven anything it has proven that the top democrats have really poor judgment in hiring IT people, lol, Charles doesn`t want to end up like vince foster, " guys! it was a typo I swear!"

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

It is too late, if he is to be "got" he will fly off the road in a single car accident.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Charles "Typo" Delavan could be an epitaph. I'm thinking he will be assisted in dying soon...why would anyone with an ounce of knowledge work anywhere NEAR the Clintons??

It's a mafia through and through. If you mess up you are dead, if you do a "good" job you are still dead...you will get used, abused and dumped in the trash at the first convenience. Sounds like a great way to make a living.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33
Blinded by the glitz and glamor. They can get ahead. Very dangerous way to make a living, no thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The 'typo' was not one word -- it was two. He wrote "a legitimate" when he should have written "an illegitimate."

Something tells me that there could be more than meets the eye here.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That could be true, he may be a scapegoat.

If I were him I would grow eye in the back of my head.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I read somewhere his password was 'passw0rd'. Believe it or not there are many routers on the internet that either have their default password of 'admin' or 'password'. The ignorance of some people...

Besides that the emails and documents that Julian Assange received were from people within the NSA and CIA. Not from the Russians. Even Assange came out and said it wasn't from Russia. The insiders did not want Hillary elected after the server debacle which outed some assets names that happened to be on her server. Also because they were quite aware of the corruption that she and others were a part of. The NSA and CIA collect most if not all of the world leaders emails and communications. So it was no surprise that the leak came from the inside.

They were also the ones that started the disinformation that it was the Russians. The media and the usual suspects took it and ran with it. It kept them from looking any further after that. I would be willing to bet good money that they will never provide the so called proof that the left and the EC electors are asking for either because it doesn't exist. Also if the intelligence agencies really wanted to they could make the leaks appear to come from anywhere they wanted to.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
When Obama came out and said that it was NOT Russia, that had to blame someone else. The blame game never stops with them unless you are a nobody then it just stops for you when you shoot yourself with a nail gun 8 times.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

in the back of the head.

he blame game never stops with them unless you are a nobody then it just stops for you when you shoot yourself with a nail gun 8 times.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That could be true, he may be a scapegoat.

If I were him I would grow eye in the back of my head.

Honestly, if he meant to say the email was 'illegitimate,' then the rest of the email chain in question doesn't make sense. He instructed that Podesta act on it by changing his password when he should have instructed him to do nothing.

I've gotten phishing scams before. If you don't do anything (except maybe report the scam), then that's the best course of action.

join