It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Russian money buying influence in EU, MEPs warn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Now we are seeing the European Union warning about Russian influence on elections !!

They are talking about some kind of Russian scams that get big money into local political pockets.

Pretty soon, the Russians will take over the whole Globe at this rate.

Dirty Russian money buying influence in EU, MEPs warn

MEPs from the main groups in the European Parliament have raised the alarm over illicit Russian money in Europe and its use to influence European politics.

They said in a letter to EU foreign relations chief Federica Mogherini that “over $200 million of illicit proceeds” from a Russian tax fraud “was laundered through Europe” and that “there is information that shows that the money has been used to influence European politics, media, and civil society to prevent consequences for Russian human rights violators”.

They also said the $200 million was “just the tip of the iceberg” and that the same group behind that fraud “is linked to similar crimes worth over $1 billion”.

The tax fraud was first uncovered by Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian auditor who later died in prison in 2009.

The MEPs’ warning comes ahead of elections next year in France and Germany, where anti-EU parties, such as the National Front in France and the AfD in Germany, both of which stand accused of secretly receiving Russian funds, aim to run for power.

British and German spy chiefs have warned that Russia was trying to sway the outcome of EU votes the same way that it did the US elections.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL They're worried they'll lose their power to nationalist/populist movements so they're trying to discredit them I see. I fully support both parties and hope to see a Marine Le Pen presidency in France this spring. (I am not a French citizen merely a foreigner making a comment)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If this is real and Russia is doing this, which we all know they're not, my vote is up for sale. All I'm asking for is a couple thousand to pay off my debts and start clean lol so Mother Russia, if you're watching this just drop me an email and let's talk but truthfully if people are dumb enough to believe that Russia is able to buy votes then it shouldn't just be them investigated and sanctioned but the people and in most cases it'll be politicians, who are selling their votes to foreign countries (cough cough Hillary Clinton cough cough seems to be up for it when it benefits her cough cough)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Where is the alleged hacking of Merkel's emails ?The German equivalent of Podesta ( I am sure they have one) ?
It is Merkel's immigration policy that is turning the vote

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Link to the Donald subreddit mocking this Russian connection. Too funny. (It's just the theme)

www.reddit.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
If this is real and Russia is doing this, which we all know they're not, my vote is up for sale.

Thing is, we do not know. Russia is a closed society that where authoritarian politics controls the media to shape public opinion - just look at Russia Today!

However, accusations like this are political. If there was evidence that political parties in Europe were receiving boxes of cash from Russia then it's up to the police to uncover.

The traditional "elite" run politics in many European countries is being challenged by "popularism", as if that’s negative. What is popularism? Ah, yes, it's people wanting something different.

In the UK a party called UKIP has gained a solid bedrock of support, much to the angst (and disbelief) of the current parties, who fail to realise that that are no longer connecting with a growing body of the electorate. I am no UKIP supporter myself, but appreciate why people want a change and don’t vote for the same-old, same-old.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Oh, you mean like the OPEC nations have been doing all the while or do you mean like the Chinese are doing with a certain Ms May at the moment.

new topics

top topics

join