It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unions suck

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The leftwing union has decided that they are going to take down the huge Capitalist Wal—Mart, which to them symbolizes corporate America.

They plan to hit Wal-Mart like the terrorist hit New York’s twin towers----except they will use something more potent than an airplane full of screaming Americans-----they will blast them with frivolous lawsuits until that company crumbles down to the ground.

The unions need to show corporate America who is boss in order to keep companies in line.

The Mafia cash cow (unions) hates everything Capitalistic yet they feed on corporations like a load of starving leaches.

What will they suck on once they kill the corporate beast?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wait let me see here,
"The unions need to show corporate America who is boss in order to keep companies in line. "

Yeah thats what they are there for but you contradict that by saying..."The Mafia cash cow (unions) hates everything Capitalistic yet they feed on corporations like a load of starving leaches"

I would argue how they fight for the rights of workers instead of us all get paid little and the big bosses being paid everything..

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I would argue how they fight for the rights of workers instead of us all get paid little and the big bosses being paid everything..

A good portion of union dues is siphoned off by the mob----that's common knowledge.

The unions are becoming increasingly fanatical and have long past their concern for the workers----they only want their money.

Unions have shot themselves in the foot when it comes to their honesty and are attempting to commit suicide by shooting themselves in the head when it comes to their integrity.

Their anti-corporate rant is only use to pander to the workers emotions and never to common sense.

The unions create hysteria about corporate greed to deflect their own greed for more dues.

The pay checks of union workers are easy pickings for the slippery fingers of the union bosses as long as they can keep the workers attention on the companies and not on the true crime taking place----the ever increasing union dues-----where does all that money go?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
The leftwing union has decided that they are going to take down the huge Capitalist Wal—Mart...

How dare they? Everyone knows Wal-Mart is such a fine, upstanding corporate citizen.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge

How dare they? Everyone knows Wal-Mart is such a fine, upstanding corporate citizen.

Right, they have a record of taking on lots of upstanding companies.

They did in the steel industry----and the big three American auto makers spend more time recalling their cars than they do on improving them against the competition from abroad----all that quality union work I guess.

They have emasculated the airlines and a number of other industries across America.

How America still manages to compete in the world market can only be explained by the fact that there are still more companies that are not union than union.

But the union is working to change that----we can still be a Third Class Country yet.

Oh, I forgot the liberals think we already are.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
blah blah blah...

I would love to see you spout that type of utter nonsense in front of a group of IBEW brothers.

Anyhow, recalling cars has nothing to do with unions. That is due to engineering errors. Can you repeat that with me...engineering errors. Or for a faulty part. Unless you can point to where the unions made them recall a car, I don't buy it.

The airline industry deserved it...but it was short lived when the President became a union buster. (not gonna say which one)

And I would love some information on the steel industry...actually, I would just love some info for those lovely "nuggets of truth" you are spouting...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You must have been in the military----you are passing the buck----it’s always someone else’s fault.

Don’t you mean what steel industry? The one we use to have in Pennsylvania and a few other northern states, the union’s non ending demands broke the industry. Some people blame cheep foreign steel-----the fact is you compete or fold, there is no in-between.

I know all about union thugs was one myself at an earlier and immature stage of life. If Americans only knew how deranged some union people can be they wouldn’t sleep at night.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I know all about union thugs was one myself at an earlier and immature stage of life. If Americans only knew how deranged some union people can be they wouldn’t sleep at night.

I hear the most deranged all become conservative thugs.

What a Coincidence!

And to think we should be so lucky as to have two ex-military, ex-union, former steel worker, conservative pundits here at ATS!

It just boggles the mind.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I hear the most deranged all become conservative thugs.

Not totally true, some of my old buddies are still thugs and leftwing----and as immature as ever, but that's the way of the left.

I’ve become respectable and a pillar of the community----well, maybe not a pillar.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I’ve become respectable and a pillar of the community----well, maybe not a pillar.

And definately not very respectable since you have not one shred of evidance you know what that is? A link? Anything? Or just broad sweeping judgements demonizing a political faction that just so happens to disagree with your own. How typically partisan of you

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Unions are worker organizations

Rememmber the worker is what keeps the bourgesis from collapsing... if there is nobody to run the factories of the bourgesis they are done for.

Of course standing up for the worker is called communism to sleeper.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

How typically partisan of you

As if the left is not 100% partisan.

My dad was a leftwing Partisan in WW2 as were most former Black Shirts of Mussolini.

The Communists that emerged from Italy after the war were mostly Fascist----and as far as I'm concerned they still are-----leftwing Fascist.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

As if the left is not 100% partisan.

As if the right is not totally 100% paraniod and think we should spend all our money on teaching children to carry weapons and arm our military to insane levels.

My dad was a leftwing Partisan in WW2 as were most former Black Shirts of Mussolini.

So your dad was a facist.
The facists where right wing BTW since they wanted rights over another party therefore some are more equal than others so in effect is the oposite of the lefts goals. I have evidence to back this up if you wish.

The Communists that emerged from Italy after the war were mostly Fascist----and as far as I'm concerned they still are-----leftwing Fascist.

The facists not comunists, comunists where in russia and in germany before being killed by facists nazi's.
As far as your concerned you have been filled with propaganda from army training and believe the US is invincecible, reds suck, the reds are evil yada yada yada.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
Unions are worker organizations

Rememmber the worker is what keeps the bourgesis from collapsing... if there is nobody to run the factories of the bourgesis they are done for.

Of course standing up for the worker is called communism to sleeper.

The Bourgeois is what keeps the workers out of poverty----they are the people with money----the money that creates capital to build the factories and cities and infrastructure that provide jobs, clean water, transportation, schools, and hospitals.

Without the Bourgeois the workers would live like they do in many parts of the world that have no Bourgeois-----Third World Countries in the worst kind of poverty imaginable.

No Bourgeois----no money or anything else for the workers.

I keep forgetting about the leftwing money tree-----BTW were can I find one----so I can sit back and be a left-winger too.

Oh, the money tree is Capitalism.

Then let’s take good care of Capitalism and it will keep producing fruit (money for the workers).

Most companies know the value of good employees-----and do take care of them----but there will always be those who hate anyone with more money, power, better looks, smarter----there is nothing that can satisfy those people----and they will always hate Capitalism, good looking people, smarter people, the Pope, Bush, sleeper, and anything good and right in the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Lmao Sleeper

Workers unions is what made the 40 hour work week.....overtime pay.. the minimum wage.....workers rights so that the worker can really have a life outside of work

There is a bourgesis in third world countries.. a very wealthy bourgesis who have taken control of the entire country. They have no desires to fix the problems in there country... all they want is power. So basically.. they stay rich but the country remains third world.

If we didn't have what is known as a bill of rights and constitution, it is very possible that the few who are considered the wealthy elite would take all power to themselves.

Nobody is planning to take down Wal-Mart... but it is unfortunate that small shops suffer and go out of business so that Wal-Mart and it's goods made from Chinese slave labor (yes slave) can advance. A country such as China where the worker has zero rights and can be worked to death.

But that is unrestricted capitalism... capitalism must be regulated so that there is a balance of power between the worker and the elite bourgesis.

I know you hate this sleeper.. but workers should have rights.

Without the worker, the factories run by the bourgesis would stop cranking out products.

Hehe Bush is good and right? I think you should sign up and go to Iraq instead of having others die for you and your facist right-wing agenda.

Death to the "REAL" New World Order.. which is the facist wing of the right wing.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by RedOctober90]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Unions have outlived their purpose. I witnessed this first hand as a teenager working for Kroger, stocking shelves.

My 1st week, I was asked to join the union. I told them I would think about it.

My 1st week there I was stocking the shelves with amazing speed. One night I got a tap on the shoulder from a fellow employee, he basically said "slow down" you are making us look bad. To show him, I worked even faster.

After one month I was doing 3 X's the minimum. I was doing so good, I asked for a raise. I was told the union contract said I had to be employed there 6 months. I told them I did not join the union, and I was collectly bargaining for myself, no one else. My request was denied. Soon after I was approached, again to join the union. The head guy asked me this time, I told him I didn't appreciate "The Union" holding me back. I told him where the Union could go.

So basically for the next month or two, I kept up the record stocking pace just to piss the Union guys off till I found another job.

So I have to agree with the originator of this post that Unions Suck!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
lol sleeper

you are so funny man!

i'm laughing! seriously!

you hate the left right? you hate unions?

was it not a union that helped poland break free of the Soviet bloc and become a capitolist state??

and on the offchance your infamously poor historical knowledge has deserted you (again), the Soviet bloc was leftwing!

so, you still think all unions are bad and superleftie?

no, no, dont bother, i already know your answer...

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Like carseller pointed out unions treat everyone the same-----and everyone gets the same pay----those who work and those who don't.

Same with the left, they believe in equality in pay regardless of output-----in effect the masses are equal to cattle because individuality is stamped out-----and the few leaders are equal to kings----to be served by the cattle.

The left and the unions both hate corporations----so in reality they are one and the same.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Like carseller pointed out unions treat everyone the same-----and everyone gets the same pay----those who work and those who don't.

Ok now your accuseing people of not doing any work?
WRONG
The union understands that if you dont work, you aint gona be there.
Your incident carseller seems a bit......far fetched.

Same with the left, they believe in equality in pay regardless of output-----in effect the masses are equal to cattle because individuality is stamped out-----and the few leaders are equal to kings----to be served by the cattle.

The same leader point is made even worse by the riht wing, no democratic vote on anything just total control, you have you right and left mixed up sleeper.

The left and the unions both hate corporations----so in reality they are one and the same.

From your eyes, the fact is sleeper you never commit to an arguement all you do is preach right wing propaganada, do you want me to start createing threads like this about the left?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join