It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue lodges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Probably this question isn’t worth a thread and by more careful searching I would find an answer, but nevertheless I would like to find an answer why is the blue lodge called the blue lodge. Id est, why is it called blue? Thus far I found only answers like: because in the lodge the ceiling is blue or because blue is a symbol of friendship. I would like to find out is a little bit more about this.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Agnis]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agnis
Probably this question isn’t worth a thread and by more careful searching I would find an answer, but nevertheless I would like to find an answer why is the blue lodge called the blue lodge. Id est, why is it called blue? Thus far I found only answers like: because in the lodge the ceiling is blue or because blue is a symbol of friendship. I would like to find out is a little bit more about this.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Agnis]

I didn't know why until a couple of months ago. So I asked too.
It seems to be a US term and it does refer to the ceiling in the Lodge as they are normally painted blue to represent the sky.
This doesn't usually occur in the UK and we therefore don't use the term.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As Leveller mentioned, in the USA, it generally refers to the color scheme of the Lodge room. It is common to find Masonic Lodge rooms with the walls painted blue, and having blue carpeting.

This is not actually a requirement, just a tradition here. There are many US Lodges that are not painted or decorated blue, but the majority of them fall under this color scheme.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The blue lodge as I understand it is like a flight similator, if you crash one, no harm done you just get out of the machine and walk away. AS I understand it the 3 degrees of the Blue lodge are like a dry run at the real deal. You decide to quit, no harm done. Apearently there is an agreement that can be made past the blue lodge wherein there is no turning back, one can only go foward.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
AS I understand it the 3 degrees of the Blue lodge are like a dry run at the real deal.

Nope. The 3 degrees of the Blue Lodge are the real deal.
Everything else is just an addition.

Maybe you could elaborate on this so-called agreement?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The blue lodge as I understand it is like a flight similator, if you crash one, no harm done you just get out of the machine and walk away. AS I understand it the 3 degrees of the Blue lodge are like a dry run at the real deal. You decide to quit, no harm done. Apearently there is an agreement that can be made past the blue lodge wherein there is no turning back, one can only go foward.

Uhm...what???!!! TgSoe, I'm assuming that was said tongue-in-cheek, right? There's ALWAY a point where one can "turn back" It's called a "demit" It's basically a way to resign in good standing (without being expelled) A person on demit is not a Mason any more, but can become one again if he so desires, by re-petitioning. He is then voted on and if approved, re-admitted.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
As Leveller mentioned, in the USA, it generally refers to the color scheme of the Lodge room. It is common to find Masonic Lodge rooms with the walls painted blue, and having blue carpeting.

This is not actually a requirement, just a tradition here. There are many US Lodges that are not painted or decorated blue, but the majority of them fall under this color scheme.

Also, I'd point out, that the term "Blue Lodge" isn't used in every U.S. jurisdiction. Many (mine for example) use the term "Symbolic Lodge" Some say "Craft Lodge"

S&F

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Disclaimer: This is the truth for the benefit of intelligent anti-Masonic writers.

1. "Blue" comes from "black and blue", the color of the candidates' skin following initiation.

2. It is a reference to the type of movies shown regularly after Lodge business.

3. Following meetings, all secrets communicated in writing are ceremonially burned and flushed down the crypt - a symbolic lavatory suspended by a Lewis and (of course) containing blue toilet freshener.

4. It is the color of certain anatomical components of the Worshipful Master, sworn to celibacy for that year and the year following.

5. It is, of course, the color of the **** ****** of ****.

There are the five (pentagrammatic) blue points. There, you secretive Freemasons, you have no defence against that.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
You are funny as always, Masked Avatar

Thank you all for explaining me this.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

AS I understand it the 3 degrees of the Blue lodge are like a dry run at the real deal.

Nope. The 3 degrees of the Blue Lodge are the real deal.
Everything else is just an addition.

Maybe you could elaborate on this so-called agreement?

Here is a quote form a Rosicrusion order....

There are indeed many reasons why the present volume should be generously
circulated among all classes of students of the Occult and Mystic, especially
the members of the Masonic bodies.
Entirely too little is known to the vast majority of these brethren of the
modern organizations known as Masonic. They have been given the letter, which,
though beautiful in itself, does not contain the life, and because of this
lack, they cannot successfully defend the expression frequently heard, that
Masonry is a religion.
Initiation is not what it is generally supposed to be. All Masons are
familiar with the ceremonial form of Initiation but in reality this is no more
than an outward symbolization of an inner, an esoteric work, which should take
place within each man seeking the Mysteries
. A man may have received the
degrees of the Blue Lodge and may be an honor to that lodge and yet be wholly
unfamiliar with the method of procedure which would bring into manifestation
the results of the personification of the life as symbolized in these three
degrees. It is this outcome of which, not only Masons but the entire human
race are now so very much in need.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'd be interested to know which "rosicrucian" order that quote comes from.

We've had the argument here time and time again that Freemasonry is not a religion. In fact it's been refuted so many times before on ATS that it's not even worth discussing it again.

But anyway, the quote doesn't say that Freemasonry is a religion even though you've highlighted it to make it seem so. It's stating that a mason who doesn't study may have a hard time refuting the claim. What it also says is that those who don't study the 3 degrees will probably not find what they are looking for. It's not saying that there are higher degrees that reveal some esoteric mystery. It's telling you that everything that you need is found within the 3 degrees but that you need to look deep around and inside of yourself to help you with interpretation.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
www.denverspiritualcommunity.org...

You have to scroll down to near the bottom of the page its called- The Mysticism of Masonry. Its a PDF file that I read about a year ago and am reading it again. That site has has a wealth of information on it. I got it originally from ATS.

[edit on 28-1-2005 by TgSoe]

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
An interesting paper. But the authors aren't recognised Freemasons.

www.rosecross.org...

Seems to be a money-making organisation to me.

I would advise you to be wary of any literature that says that it is "the masonic interpretation" of a subject. As you should be aware - there is no masonic interpretation. It can only be left up to the individual to decide for himself.
Even Pike stated that he could not talk for masonry and could only give his own point of view. Those who put words into Freemasonry's mouth are normally to be treated with suspicion.

That's not to say that the paper isn't interesting. In my opinion, it does contain some points which I believe are valid. But it also contains a lot that is mere conjecture.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

It's telling you that everything that you need is found within the 3 degrees but that you need to look deep around and inside of yourself to help you with interpretation.

Okay Leveller I'm just a 1 degree Mason now so I guess there is more to come as I only have a part of the total package at this point. I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for any hidden deep knowledge that may be lurking within the 3 degrees of Masonry.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ah, this is classic... and SOOOO fitting for ATS IMO.

from home.comcast.net...

We do not know anything because we are told so. Let [God] shout the Truth of all ages into the ears of a fool forever, and still forever the fool would be joined to his folly.

No offense MM

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

top topics

join