It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House petition suggests naming next Navy ship 'USS The Deplorables'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I agree totally! Just disregard us like they did this election and not only that but keep up all the name calling. Calling people racist, bigots, anything-they-think-of-phobe and that really motivates people with anger when they are none of the above. I don't think they realized and are still in denial that their whole PC and name calling tactics are completely irrelevant now because they misused and abused PC and those words so much and so long it is no longer effective except to anger and motivate the people they attempted to attack and belittle. Hows that for a run on sentence?!

I also signed the petition to make a point like you. There are shirts now for sale that say, "I am a proud deplorable".

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

USS Santa, delivering presents all around the world on time

"he knows if you being naughty"

Ho Ho Ho! (guided missile to the face)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Will this thing cost 6 kazillion dollars and suck like the Zumwalt?

That's funny. They had to tow it in when the drive train failed.

I bet the Pentagon had some choice words for the builders or at least the manufacturers whose equipment failed.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Greggers

Choi-nah.

Sweet!

That'll do wonders for the WWIII forum.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Greggers

Choi-nah.

Ok... I give what does that mean?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

it's a country he have a very bad deal with. Very bad.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Can't wait till they name a ship after Barry.

edit on 13-12-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Why, because a bleeding edge ship, trying something they'd never done before ran into issues? It's going to run into more before they work the bugs out.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Why, because a bleeding edge ship, trying something they'd never done before ran into issues? It's going to run into more before they work the bugs out.

I suppose so. It must have made it through sea trials to be on deployment. I thought the electric drive motors and technology would have been developed to the point they shouldn't have problems. It is a warship. I would think the drive-train technology would be proven before it was installed. It's not like it was a proof of concept or a technology demonstrator. I suppose anything can happen. I haven't really researched the problem. It may not even be available to the public. Do you know any details about it?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

mmmmm, no.

fortune.com...

Why Donald Trump's Air Force One Tweet Didn't Spook Boeing's Investors

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That would be kinda cool, but there's no where to fish off something that big. Although........dynamite fishing would be a whooole lot safer.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
As an ex-sailor I'd refuse orders to sail on what would likely be a leaky, cranky rust bucket manned by incompetent officers and a capt drunk off his own sense of power and importance, along with a crew that regularly sleep on watch and gun-decked their PMS without consequences.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You can test, and run trials, but until you have all the systems running together for weeks at a time, and are truly stressing them you don't find all the problems in them.

The Zumwalt is going to be like the Seawolf, in that they're operational demonstrators. They'll perform actual missions and deployments, but they're only building 3.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Ah, thanks Zaphod! I didn't realize that.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

They originally had plans for an entire class, but cost and engineering issues dropped them down to the three that were already at least partially funded.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

That can only mean one thing! we , have achieved world peace and somehow Obama got just recognition for whatever part he played in it during his presidency, the USS Obama gather world leaders to signed peace agreements and non aggression pacts, act together to battle climate change, the ship is powered by renewable energies, note the greenery the water and wind a master piece in technology solving the worlds energy crisis , armies are no longer needed in the traditional sense, except for rescue during major natural disaster.

It would be the ultimate realization of beating our weapons in plowshares.

And piping throughout it's communication system with messages like the above^.
That's my interpretation...Thanks Obama..

edit on 14-12-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: intrptr

The name is taken from a remark Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton made on the campaign trail to refer to supporters of President-elect Donald Trump.

Nice twist, I think that Trump will be downsizing the military build up some, not 'deplorable' at all.

You think Trump will downsize the military build up? You are not paying attention to his cabinet.
nn
If she would have won and they named a ship after her ,it would be the first one that Russia would sink after she started a war with them.
Or it would just be a dingy. ..llol

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The Trump administration is planning on building a lot of new ships. They'll be named U.S.S. Trump, USS Trumpet, USS Trumpoline, USS TrumpYou, etc..

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
it might help if people actually read the US policies on warship names - it is actually quite interesting

thought i prefer the RN conventions on names - at least historically we had some classics back in the day -

but sadly - due to the ever shirinking fleet size - " classic " names will never be reused

HMS gay viking ???

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join