It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Screams " Santa does not exist " to kids

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I just checked the reference you gave, the pagan tradition is around easter, but its early, but different cultures pictures it differently, or i may be interpreting it wrongly..

I found with my reference his birth to be mid july, i need to actually dig into it.. Cause i found to many references pointing everywhere..

Saturnalia was conscripted for Christmas much like the Celtic Cross was the symbol for the sun god. Jack up the symbol and slip a new religion under it. The locals never suspected.....

thetruthandlight.wordpress.com...
edit on 12/13/2016 by pteridine because: ETA

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So out of all the issues in the world, or even more specifically problems with sin and Christianity, he picks Santa?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Yes but Jesus birth and Christmas are two separate things

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Always that little danger when opinions changes to assumptions, but i believe it has more to do with American culture than reality

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
At least kids grow up to learn that Santa is fake.

On the other hand - Lying to your child and telling them that there is a god that thinks that you were born a sinner and that you are going to hell if you don't allow his son Jesus to "enter your body" is the real sin that is being committed.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Sorry for being slightly off-topic

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

If you don't attend church, nor are religious, then why would you care either.

not my children or church, so I don't really care. If he loses members because of this, that's on him.

It wasn't his children or his church either. It clearly took place within a public mall in the OP video.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I didnt bother replying cause i believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, i just know that the opinion isnt built on anything than an assumption of something they never cared to study or research,all i ever say us;" you dont have to be a muslim terrorist to be an extremist. "

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
LMAO, the hypocrisy in that video is exquisite!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Gotchya, I didn't watch the video.

ETA- I see the Santa thing the same as I do any other topic of it's nature; I can't protect my children from the reality of the world and I can't and won't make them deaf to differing views. So, when a topic comes up that they are interested in, or I can see that they are putting thought into, whether it's Jesus, Santa, politics or any other cultural beliefs, I simply explain my own thoughts on the subject while also giving them alternative opinions. The only thing that I will indoctrinate my kids with is an open mind and the freedom to choose their own thoughts and beliefs.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
wow.That pastor needs to go back to seminary for a refresher course. These kids arent worshipping Santa claus as a false idol are they?

If the pastor wants to be honest Jesus was most likely not born on christmas although for some reason we celebrate it at christmas.

And Besides. i could a swore i caught saint nick one christmas morning. then a flash of light and the tree moving as if it was bumped into. Was it santa? Who knows.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Wait until he finds out we aren't real.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Ah you mean the we are the imaginary numbers?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Jesus was most likely born between mid July and mid August, [ Citation required, unknown source ] I could look at the almost exact date.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This thread evolved into a rabbit hole of great treasures!

I Appreciated all the inputs, of things i never thought of.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This Pastor sounds like a real winner.

Unbelievable man.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

That was classic!

haha
edit on 13-12-2016 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Someone should have throat punched this dbag. If he has his own children (I'm guessing he has at least a few via incestual rape if he's actually a Westboro "pastor"), I wonder how he'd feel about someone discussing the "birds and the bees" with his children.

Robbing children of imagination and magic because of his insecurities and hate. I hope he never feels at peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It incensed me as a kid when i found out the whole this was nothing but a lie ,we were constantly bombarded by my grandmother and great aunt and my mother ,''You will only get something if you are GOOD !!!!!! waving a stern finger at us '' ,in a threatening way ,like it was a conspiracy,or blackmail against us little kids .We were always told to be good and do the right thing ,i looked at my mother with indignation that she lied to me ,and her hypocrisy ,and made me a fool in front of my friends at school ,believing in this fat fraud ! Then you hear adults say ,''Well its for the kids '' ,i dont celebrate it anymore, everything about its pagan ,but people dont care because its all based on emotional crap, like alot of things in this world ,not on facts ,and if you can get people on their emotions, then you have them !

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It's a fairy tale. Kids love fairy tales. Almost as much as holy men do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join