It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Screams " Santa does not exist " to kids

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pic or it didnt happen!

Oops, wrong costume. . . .

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Its great to see someone who understands that the kids needs to be protected until they reach adulthood

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Its taught at school and kindergarden, sometimes we let kids be kids for to long or we smash the fantasies far to early.
Noble Savages i think we are called sometimes, means, civilized people without a soul.

Now wait ...

You mean Scandinavian schools decide that children should be disabused of Santa?

That's just wrong.

And sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My older kid's 9 and came to that conclusion a few years ago. I think her younger sister came to that conclusion, too, but prefers the magic of Santa and doesn't put up with "He's not real, you know." It's not that you're shattering her world any, you're ruining the fun is all. One kid on the street tried that line with them last winter, and in her sister's defense, my older kid shot back with "So what, neither is your zombie guy." (for what it's worth, she came to the conclusion Jesus is a zombie on her own, we didn't influence that, but it's funny how obvious it is to a kid)

I can only imagine the words she'd exchange with this evangelical dillhole.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

post it!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
tikbalang

Nope..lol..save it for another day..

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Its part of the culture, its hard to explain. Its like scientific approach to everything, hmmm... Its the dogma of atheism, i cant venture further without going against my cultural dogma.. We believe in Space and big bang, moon rockets and asteroids

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I actually love this.

Too bad Jesus' birthday was NOT on Dec. 25.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's the celebration of his birth, not his birthday--there's a subtle but important difference there.

The historical Jesus, if indeed there was one, was by most figuring, born in the Spring or Summer, possibly the Fall...no one really knows, nor am I sure why we would even care?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
"Christmas is about Jesus"

I'm willing to bet he puts a Christmas tree in his house every year... And decorates it too.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

My grandpa, whom was a great scholar, his research way back in the day before the Internet pointed more towards April 1. It wouldn't surprise me if the pagan's who put "Christmas" on the pagan sun worshipping holiday put "His" "real" birthday on April Fools Day.

I'm an agnostic agnostic, but lying to kids (and to adults as if they're kids) its such a surreal things to me. Me being a stickler against deception in all of its forms.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Agnostic agnostic? That's a new one for me...

I don't see how anyone can be positive of his birth date. I, for one, don't see how it really matters. Though I can understand wanting to know, simply for the sake of knowing, and certainly respect it.

Dec. 25 was, almost certainly, chosen to conflict with pagan celebrations like the turning of the seasons on the solstice. As long as I get pressies, I don't care

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Let's label him a Cultural Terrorist. The internet will love that. Two dozen likes.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Its part of the culture, its hard to explain. Its like scientific approach to everything, hmmm... Its the dogma of atheism, i cant venture further without going against my cultural dogma.. We believe in Space and big bang, moon rockets and asteroids

Gosh, you say that as if others are incapable of believing in those things if we also let our children have fun with Santa and believe in God.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

You're mean.

The internet would melt down.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Meh, who cares, not my church, not my pastor.

Ifn you don't attend church, nor are religious, then why would you care either.

I've heard plenty on here argue this pastors stance a million times over.

Again, not my children or church, so I don't really care. If he loses members because of this, that's on him.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well I'm often compelled to say "staunch agnostic", but then again that would be against the agnostic code....

Crapola, I hoped to find the clip that has him say something like "Cleanliness is next to godliness, so be sure to clean up real good, but not too much".
edit on 13-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I just checked the reference you gave, the pagan tradition is around easter, but its early, but different cultures pictures it differently, or i may be interpreting it wrongly..

I found with my reference his birth to be mid july, i need to actually dig into it.. Cause i found to many references pointing everywhere..

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hilarious coming from a guys who believes in an invisible father figure who castigates his children for touching themselves...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join