It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wasting No Time to Keep His Inner City Commitments

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: loam

I was cautiously optimistic about a Trump Presidency, but have been encouraged as time has gone on. The man hasn't even taken office yet and has done some amazing things for this country and if nothing else has kept his focus on making America better for all Americans.

What nonsense. How on earth can anyone NOT YET WIELDING POWER possibly have ANY effect let alone an AMAZING one.........

The president-elect actually has in most ways more power/influence then the sitting president.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Let's see what happens by the end of 2017 shall we.......
...I can't wait for the defensive BS line a year from now.

And if he proves otherwise, will you say as much? I can't tell if your last phrase is a prediction or desire.

It is a prediction, of how he will respond to anything Trump does right.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Trump is a dangerous racist fascist. I cannot believe this!

How did we allow a white supremacist racist Nazi white nationalist bigoted xenophobic homophobe win????

I am literally, LITERALLY so scared right now I am shaking! What will we tell our children?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perjury
it seems trump has helped inner cities in his short time than dems have in 30+ years

trump 2020

Oh cool! We are playing the "make up any bull# hyperbole" game

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The only way Trump will try to help the black community are ways Obama and many democratic presidents have tried to do but have been always stopped by GOP intransigence.

Indeed, IF trump can get the GOP to allow for investment in the inner city, something a democrat could never get done because of GOP stinginess and dogma, that would be great.

It would be on the basis that, for example, it took a GOP president to go to China, a Democrat never could. It took a GOP president to also start détente with Russia, whereas a democrat who tried was murdered, JFK.

So here the GOP congress under a democrat wouldn’t spend a dime to invest in the black community, but might under a Trump GOP presidency…
That’s how power politics works.

People shouldn’t treat Trump like the GOP treated Obama. They hated everything he did ipso facto and in fact would go against things Obama wanted to do that they themselves supported in the past just to stop any positive results in an Obama administration.

It may be that Trump won’t have the same problem that a democrat would have.

We’ll see.

The GOP might block any attempt by Trump to invest money in the inner city…Then Trump then can say, Oh well we tried.

These programs that Jim Brown and the two others are talking about are good ideas and these guys were there to get Trump to invest in them that’s why they were talking so positive because they want some money for their programs that Trump obviously was receptive to in their metting

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'll go ahead and play the bigot here. I wouldnt want my tax dollars spent in the ghettos. Whenever something happens (Michael Brown's fake hands up down shoot) (winning a championship) (any police shooting) those areas are always the first to be burnt, looted, and turned back into a ghetto. I'm not sure there's any hope for the south side of Chicago without martial law and door to door sweeps for weapons. I know it's an ugly thing to read and even uglier for me to type but history repeats itself.

To clarify, the youth of Chicago are not like the normal African American people most of us associate with. I have plenty of black friends but they weren't raised to live off the government. Their parents worked hard and raised them to do the same. Of course there are good black people in the south side of Chicago but most have been indoctrinated since birth to see what they can get for free. You have to make jobs more enticing than sitting on your arse getting checks for doing nothing.
edit on 14-12-2016 by Anathros because: Grammar

edit on 14-12-2016 by Anathros because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I have said this from the very beginning...what the left most fears is Trump's success.

Then you've been wrong from the very beginning. Why on earth would anyone fear his success? Any fear is of his petulance and his inability to remove emotion from his decisions. If he manages to do good things then that will be a positive thing.

My main concern with propaganda like this is that it's basically saying "hey I met trump and he was really polite and considerate!" - well yeah of course he was. Try providing him with some constructive criticism publicly and wait for the toys to leave the pram on twitter.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I can not express how damn naive some Trump supporters can be. You think because a spokeperson of black people said a meeting went well, all of a sudden he' helping black people?

Do you know how much black people struggle in the inner-cities? Has Trump ever walked down a street in detroit and conversed with the average black man? WHat? Are you serious?

Please shut up and wait. Donald is a talker. I'm a do-er. I respect do-ers. When he does something that significantly effects black people on an economic level, or in regards to police brutality, then you can come on here and ride him to the morning.

Until then, keep quiet because 97% of you know nothing of the struggles endured by AAs (including Donald's sheltered ass) and this whole 'Donald went to a black church, therefore hes helping black people' logic by Trump supporters is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. It is the same type of caveman thinking practiced by the racist whites of antiquity.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Trump is a dangerous racist fascist. I cannot believe this!

How did we allow a white supremacist racist Nazi white nationalist bigoted xenophobic homophobe win????

I am literally, LITERALLY so scared right now I am shaking! What will we tell our children?

What will we tell our children?

Well...to start with we should probably tell them that living by strong morals, standing up for your values, working hard and enjoying life are the most important things. We should explain that they live in a country where they can become anything they want so long as they invest their time, energy and education working toward that goal. That they won't be praised or receive a trophy, salary or advancement simply because they exist, but only if they strive to be the best they can. That we provide a net to catch them if they stumble and fall but that they must then right themselves and continue to move forward and "mow on through".

And that there is nothing to be afraid of except those who promise Utopia at the expense and upon the backs of others.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The government and the GOP don't necessarily have to invest in the inner cities to fix them.

What really needs to happen is that corporations and small business opportunities expand in those areas, that education improves, and that people have a strong moral compass to base their decisions and lifestyle upon. This is the core of what is needed to bring these communities into a higher standard of living.

Business increases wealth and uplifts a community with hope, and the government has very little to do with it aside of managing tax rates, zoning, grants, interest rates on loans, infrastructure investments, etc. If they can manage the top correctly the bottom will do what it does best - grow.

The government facilitates the atmosphere conducive to business, but business does it's own thing based on incentives for personal gain and the government needs to keep as far out of it as possible because the govt generally only screws things up the more involved they become.

That's where education becomes a problem, because the government (Dept of Ed) simply cannot run the schools properly, just look at the charts and graphs since they took power. Power for the schools needs to return to the states and local communities, this is a critical issue that must be faced. We'd be better off without the DoED according to their track record.

Education is a critical aspect of a communities wealth; for example a person who knows nothing about civics, business laws, entrepreneurship, enterprise, how to apply for loans/grants/permits etc, isn't going to do very well at jumping into a new business without significant help from people who are experienced with those types of issues. I'd wager that almost no high school teaches hardly any of these topics to any satisfactory degree. They need to, if America wants to really become competitive and excell in the coming future markets.

Of course there are many other issues that comprise the overall economic situation in our nation, from trade agreements to mineral rights, etc. We could ponder the complexities of this topic for days...

Now morality is a critical pillar of society because immorality and corruption corrode and create so many problems and drama and tragedies that we simply lose a lot of time being productive fretting or fighting or grieving over the resulting dilemmas created by that lack of a strong moral base.

We could talk about how to fix America all day, and I actually think this is one of the primary discussions that needs to be taking place in this nation right now. Rather than debating petty politics or irrelevant social issues we should be much more focused on the central social/political issue - our economy and how to improve it immediately.
edit on 12/15/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Donald is a talker. I'm a do-er.

So you've done more than Donald. Good to know.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Do you know how much black people struggle in the inner-cities? Has Trump ever walked down a street in detroit and conversed with the average black man? WHat? Are you serious?

He walked down the street in Detroit to Ben Carson's home with Ben Carson to see his humble beginnings.

I don't think some black communities will like what I think he has in store, I think he is going to create federal police for high crime areas in order to drive crime down and get businesses to invest because it will be safer and decrease the rate of property damage.

We were told Obama helped black people by simply getting elected, even though his upbringing took him as far away from the black community as Trumps gilded upbringing.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The only way Trump will try to help the black community are ways Obama and many democratic presidents have tried to do but have been always stopped by GOP intransigence.

Indeed, IF trump can get the GOP to allow for investment in the inner city, something a democrat could never get done because of GOP stinginess and dogma, that would be great.

It would be on the basis that, for example, it took a GOP president to go to China, a Democrat never could. It took a GOP president to also start détente with Russia, whereas a democrat who tried was murdered, JFK.

So here the GOP congress under a democrat wouldn’t spend a dime to invest in the black community, but might under a Trump GOP presidency…
That’s how power politics works.

People shouldn’t treat Trump like the GOP treated Obama. They hated everything he did ipso facto and in fact would go against things Obama wanted to do that they themselves supported in the past just to stop any positive results in an Obama administration.

It may be that Trump won’t have the same problem that a democrat would have.

We’ll see.

The GOP might block any attempt by Trump to invest money in the inner city…Then Trump then can say, Oh well we tried.

These programs that Jim Brown and the two others are talking about are good ideas and these guys were there to get Trump to invest in them that’s why they were talking so positive because they want some money for their programs that Trump obviously was receptive to in their metting

Yeah, let's blame republicans for the failure of inner cities when it is Democrats that have been running them for the past 50 years. The problems in inner cities have nothing to do with money but a culture of corruption and a failure of liberal social policy.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

Donald is a talker. I'm a do-er.

So you've done more than Donald. Good to know.

he didnt day that. What he said is very simple to understand. Do i need to spell it out for you?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

My whole post was truth so you found one sentence to reply to in a sarcastic and obnoxious way. Pat yourself on the back, and proceed to run into a wall of knives.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Hopefully you can tell from my posting history that I was being 100% sarcastic.

If not, I was being a donkey on purpose.

The left is insane, and it is fun pretending to be one once in while to experience insanity first hand.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I can not express how damn naive some Trump supporters can be. You think because a spokeperson of black people said a meeting went well, all of a sudden he' helping black people?

**What has Obama done for black people ? Better yet, what have black people done for themselves? Why must someone else do something for black people?

**People should grow up and accept responsibility for their own lives. If your don't like your life, change it. It's called being accountable for your own destiny.

Please shut up and wait. Donald is a talker. I'm a do-er. I respect do-ers. When he does something that significantly effects black people on an economic level, or in regards to police brutality, then you can come on here and ride him to the morning.

**What have you done? Who are the "do-ers" you respect? What would he have to do for you economically? Sadly, it's a known fact that a president cannot stop police brutality but it's also a fact that almost everyone that have been "abused" by the police have an impressive rap sheet. Once again...holding one's self accountable for situations they find themselves in.

Until then, keep quiet because 97% of you know nothing of the struggles endured by AAs (including Donald's sheltered ass) and this whole 'Donald went to a black church, therefore hes helping black people' logic by Trump supporters is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. It is the same type of caveman thinking practiced by the racist whites of antiquity.

**97%? Nice made up number. No I don't know what it's like to be treated like a criminal because I don't pretend to be one and don't idolize gangsta rappers and I prefer to wear a belt and present myself as a decent model for my family. You call out racist white sheltered people and yet, your whole post just labeled "97%" of us as racist but apparently only whites can be racists and African Americans get to play the card. Once again, be accountable.

edit on 15-12-2016 by Anathros because: Trying to quote[/
edit on 15-12-2016 by Anathros because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

And you are a reactionary little child. You should have responded like that the first time. Consider those characters a waste.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join