It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wasting No Time to Keep His Inner City Commitments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Looks like telling some people he wants to help means it's fixed.

I hope things can be worked out but talk isn't the same as getting it done. Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: loam

I was cautiously optimistic about a Trump Presidency, but have been encouraged as time has gone on. The man hasn't even taken office yet and has done some amazing things for this country and if nothing else has kept his focus on making America better for all Americans.

He did say we are going to win so much, everyone is going to be sick of winning.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
More Rhetoric, zero action. He probably gave them each a turn on his solid gold toilet.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sounds positive, especially if true that a proven method is already in place.

I noticed the media trying to divide again with the question "what do think of the fact that there is no woman or minority person in the top 4 cabinet positions?". It's incredible, and shameful, that the media found it necessary to race bait and try and divide with BS like that. Trump has a pretty diverse cabinet in the making and they have to talk about the top 4.

I am glad that question was batted off with the disdain it deserved.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Looks like telling some people he wants to help means it's fixed.

I hope things can be worked out but talk isn't the same as getting it done. Time will tell.

It's fairly obvious to say time will tell.
What is strange though is why, if this model they are talking about works, Obama has not given them the support they need. Time has told on that score.
They seemed genuinely encouraged that the President elect was listening to them.

More from Jim Brown after the meeting:

“I fell in love with him because he really talks about helping African-American, black people and that’s why I’m here,” Brown told CNN regarding his meeting with Trump on Tuesday, via fox8.com. “When he goes through what he went through to become the president, he got my admiration. No one gave him a chance.”

edit on 13/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

Well for a guy that is going to "destroy our country" he sure is going about it the wrong way. This sounds like it might actually work. The biggest problem in America IMHO is the racial rift that has been plaguing the inner cities for as long as I can remember. Something Obama was going to fix during the last 8 years. Looks like Trump is already on track with a great way to accomplish this goal without even being President yet. I am excited to see what changes he brings about after he actually takes office.

The reason Obama never fixed the problem with the isolation and rot felt by inner city denizens is because he never even tried to.

Had he at least tried, we could say that he failed. But as it stands is only failure in that regard was a failure to even try.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Glad they got a "verbal commitment" from Trump. How are those other "verbal commitments" going? Trump has been slowly walking back (certainly softening) almost every "verbal commitment" he made during his campaigning.

And Rev. Darrell Scott... a deer-in-the-headlights Trump apologist that has been chasing interviews for the past year. Sure, ok.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

If you gotta go, you gotta go. Solid gold toilet, or no.

He's had an effect, it remains to be seen whether or not the effect will continue. It will depend largely upon the sort of help, or hindrance, he gets from not only Congress, but the American people.

Time will, as always, tell the tale. I like what I'm seeing so far for the most part.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I call BS. Trump is a well known racist.

Of course I didn't watch the video or read the comments.

/sarc

Trump has made it known that he knows about the goings on in Chicago. I hope he will hold to his word and shine some light and do what needs to be done there and in other high crime long forgotten about areas.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I don't think Trump is malicious. I do think he will be happy to leverage his office for power and cash. If that benefits us, great. If not, par for the course.

I still think that barring him becoming Stalin or Hitler, it's worth it to stick it in Hillary's eye.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I sincerely think that Trump is looking out for the Trumps. Being a business man he knows full well that he can make it all work in favor of the American people.

When at home, I like to tell the fam that he only wanted into the WH for a secure health plan and pension!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
More Rhetoric, zero action. He probably gave them each a turn on his solid gold toilet.

I got to poop in Saddam's golden toilets.

It was glorious.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep.

...and the better he does, the more leverage he's got. I've no problem with that. Does a good job, we all win.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I've always liked Trump.
I like him even more now.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes. Obama promised a lot, too, when he campaigned. What will be interesting is if Congress will let Trump do what he wants. For ex, how would Brown's Amer-I-Can be "merge[ed] ...with the Trump administration". Is it a matter of govt funding? Would it be like Bush's Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, which continued, re-named, under Obama?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I got to poop in Saddam's golden toilets.

It was glorious.

Did you really?

That's a great story (not to be shared over dinner).

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I was cautiously optimistic about a Trump Presidency, but have been encouraged as time has gone on. The man hasn't even taken office yet and has done some amazing things for this country and if nothing else has kept his focus on making America better for all Americans.

Yeah, that's a change in thought for you. Good to see it.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing.

I'm very hopeful we can improve the inner cities and curb the crime.

This is a very important commitment.
edit on 12/14/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

So you're saying that black people are so ignorant that they can be swayed by a little flash? I'd call you a racist but unlike the left, I actually understand the definition of that word and choose not to throw it around as a weapon to shut others up. I prefer to do that by calling out their own ignorance and bias by making statements that belittle others...like did with these black leaders.
edit on 12/14/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I call BS. Trump is a well known racist.

Of course I didn't watch the video or read the comments.

/sarc

Trump has made it known that he knows about the goings on in Chicago. I hope he will hold to his word and shine some light and do what needs to be done there and in other high crime long forgotten about areas.

I caught your /sarc. Trump doesn't see black and white, rich and poor, etc. He sees dollars and possibilities. He is creative with money instead of a paint brush and with that talent, he can take the right paints, guide the brush and make something beautiful and amazing. THAT is a businessman. And the left will never, ever understand it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join