It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wasting No Time to Keep His Inner City Commitments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Their comments couldn't be more glowing.

This must really piss off some of the Trump haters.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Their comments couldn't be more glowing.

What are some of their comments?

ts;dw

edit on 13-12-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Jim Brown, Ray Lewis talk of 'fantastic' meeting with Trump

"We couldn't have had a better meeting," Brown said.

"The graciousness, the intelligence, the reception we got was fantastic."

Other info from the Hill article:

Brown and Lewis praised the president-elect after the meeting in Trump's Manhattan high-rise. They said they primarily spoke to Trump about Brown's Amer-I-Can philanthropy, which aims to keep kids away from gang violence.

Former Apprentice star Omarosa Manigault and Cleveland Pastor Darrell Scott, two of Trump's most prominent black supporters, sat in on the meeting. Scott told reporters that the president-elect gave a "verbal commitment" to merge Brown's program with the Trump administration.

Throughout the campaign's closing stretch, Trump make direct appeals to the black community, promising that he would help make their communities safer as president.

Lewis, who played for the Baltimore Ravens, told reporters that Trump is committed to "helping us change what hasn't been changed." He praised the Amer-I-Can program and said he supports Trump's pick to lead the Department of Housing and Urban Development, Dr. Ben Carson.

"What we believe, with the Trump administration, is if we can combine these two powers of coming together, forget black and white. Black or white is irrelevant," he said.

"The bottom line is job creation and economic development in these urban areas to change the whole scheme of what our kids see."

edit on 13-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Well for a guy that is going to "destroy our country" he sure is going about it the wrong way. This sounds like it might actually work. The biggest problem in America IMHO is the racial rift that has been plaguing the inner cities for as long as I can remember. Something Obama was going to fix during the last 8 years. Looks like Trump is already on track with a great way to accomplish this goal without even being President yet. I am excited to see what changes he brings about after he actually takes office.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Their message is all over the place. First it was inner cities, then all Americans, then Blacks, then prisoners, then to minorities in gangs, then all Americans but mainly Blacks....WTF?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The best program to help the inner cities right now:

Jobs that even the poorly educated can get. Then school choice so that those parents can get their children into decent schools so those children come out not so poorly educated. Then if the economy slouches again, they will be better positioned to weather that downturn with better education in the upcoming generation. Better education = better prospects for work.

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61
Well for a guy that is going to "destroy our country" he sure is going about it the wrong way.

I have said this from the very beginning...what the left most fears is Trump's success.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
it seems trump has helped inner cities in his short time than dems have in 30+ years

trump 2020

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
These black leaders need to bust their humps to get the black community on board. Trump can extend a hand willing to help but he can't do anything without cooperation.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I was cautiously optimistic about a Trump Presidency, but have been encouraged as time has gone on. The man hasn't even taken office yet and has done some amazing things for this country and if nothing else has kept his focus on making America better for all Americans.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perjury
it seems trump has helped inner cities in his short time than dems have in 30+ years

trump 2020

you would need actual evidence of that in the real world

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Evidence of Trump helping the black community?

He has been doing it for decades.

Here ya go.

Donald Trump Being Praised by Jesse Jackson for Helping African American Community

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

"What we believe, with the Trump administration, is if we can combine these two powers of coming together, forget black and white. Black or white is irrelevant," he said.

"The bottom line is job creation and economic development in these urban areas to change the whole scheme of what our kids see."

I love this! Absolutely lovelovelove this!!!

Now Trump needs to get Mike Rowe and John Ratzenberg on his team.

Thanks for posting these excerpts!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There is going to be, despite anything good Trump does, a percentage of people who who will be angry that he hasn't done more. If he was able to get 10,000 inner city jobs created... someone would be angry it wasn't 50,000. If he created 50,000, then he would be evil because it wasn't 100,000..
People should do more to encourage good behavior and do less to criticize steps that are in the right direction

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
People should do more to encourage good behavior and do less to criticize steps that are in the right direction

That isn't in the political-paint-by-numbers playbook.

It's all scorched earth now, unfortunately....and I use to think that was a disease of the right. Ha!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I was cautiously optimistic about a Trump Presidency, but have been encouraged as time has gone on. The man hasn't even taken office yet and has done some amazing things for this country and if nothing else has kept his focus on making America better for all Americans.

What nonsense. How on earth can anyone NOT YET WIELDING POWER possibly have ANY effect let alone an AMAZING one.........

Let's see what happens by the end of 2017 shall we.......

From my perspective I see a so called "anti establishment" conman putting well established people in positions of power (ie "figureheads of the establishment"). The very people that should not be in power for an anti establishment agenda. But hey ho, keep with delusion and I can't wait for the defensive BS line a year from now.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I really hope Trump continues his outreach to the black community and breaks the Democrat stranglehold. Democrat / progressive social policies have absolutely destroyed the black community. At a minimum, I hope it breaks up the black vote so both parties have to start addressing the black community concerns.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
Let's see what happens by the end of 2017 shall we.......
...I can't wait for the defensive BS line a year from now.

And if he proves otherwise, will you say as much? I can't tell if your last phrase is a prediction or desire.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: brutus61
Well for a guy that is going to "destroy our country" he sure is going about it the wrong way.

I have said this from the very beginning...what the left most fears is Trump's success.

From what I have seen the left do in the past, they want to be the ones people look to for help, but now they have become abandoned and irrelevant because they have always failed with their phony policies that don't actually help the people they are supposed to represent.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: Metallicus

What nonsense. How on earth can anyone NOT YET WIELDING POWER possibly have ANY effect let alone an AMAZING one.........

Well, according to quite a few people, Trump did a lot of damage to America, the world, and the entire galaxy in both this and the two closest parallel universes just by campaigning.

So, if he could affect things before coming president-elect, surely he can now too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join