It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we drop a Neutron Bomb on Iraq?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Because 90% of the population supports us. It's our dear media reporting only the bad news that has caused us to see Iraq as a quagmire. Even Fox News has been doing this, and they're the news station with a conservative slant (I love how they continue to refer to Clinton as a junior senator
). Get your information from the source, the Iraqi people, and you'll see the true story. Just do a google for "Iraqi blog" and you'll see both perspectives.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My God you are so intense....lighten up!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
While as an American I don't want to see a nukledhead drop a bomb on me because I don't support this stuff in the first place, I think we should get all our politicians and lawyers and stick them out in the Nevada desert and white phospherus them till nothing but ashes remain the when the new politicians and lawyers come in then tell them if you are going to fallow the same path you are next so dont screw it up.

Force change for only through change may a catapillar become the butterfly as my good friend Cunfusious might have said had he seen this here and now.

[edit on 1/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
My God you are so intense....lighten up!

Lighten up my butt dodo. Like millions of others I demonstrated against your american invasion. Do not piss off people and then tell them to lighten up. Just check out the dead and lamed American soldiers and Iraqis woman men and children pictures mutilated and burnt to a crisp. You just do not joke on these matters. I hope some day someone scares the sh** out of you that you faint in fear. Maybe you will then get the picture birdbrain

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
space2force,

First off, greetings and welcome to ATS and the ATS community.
Secondly:

....scare the sh** out...

Do not circumvent the censors that ATS automatically uses.
Just for future reference, the use of profanity is a 'no-no' within ATS anyhow.
This may prove useful to you?
Terms And Conditions Of Use

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

4.) You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. Images of or links to gratuitous gore and/or mutilation are strictly forbidden. This applies to material posted to collaborative fiction and member short story forums. You will also not select usernames that contain profanity.

Thank you for your future compliance, and again, welcome to ATS.

seekerof

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The Bible teaches an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.....

ah...the bible....now I understand your psychotic ranting...you are a crazy redneck. Phew...thought you might be able to influence something there for a second.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata

ah...the bible....now I understand your psychotic ranting...you are a crazy redneck. Phew...thought you might be able to influence something there for a second.

Ummmm, you have read the regulations that you agreed to when you joined this site didn't you? Besides being rude and uncalled for
..you are violating site policy! I'm not a mod but I'm sure one will be along soon to drop this on you!

[edit on 2/1/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata

The Bible teaches an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.....

While normally I would hold to my promise to one of our elder mods, not to do this, You have frankly peepee'd in my post toasties and I demand an appology to those of whom you have insulted namely myself by your degridation of the Holy word and the textual quoting of the same as Phsycotic, and referring to a person who quotes from it in this context, despite your views , this is why there are so many people out there who start religious wars.......I no more approve of this than I would if someone quoted the Quran or other forms of Holy texts and be referred to in this manor if you dont like the it ignore it,.... Rantings may be seen but dont insult the faith nor the Holy texts of a person you dont agree with.

I find that even those of the same belief structure as I, have been known to go off on a tangent from time to time , but the beauty of human existance is the ability to tolerate those things we dont like , and it is the refuge of a low laid self standard that does not tolerate views but insults a whole people thru stereotypical statements such as was made in this quote I listed from you.

I'm insulted and feel as if little or no tolerance or respect exists in statements like this, no matter the justification you have in your own heart.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
To Zapata and others on here....just because I opened a thread with a topic, doesn't necessarily I believe that to be a good idea. I said "Should we drop a neutron bomb on Iraq?" I asked a question looking to open up a debate and an argument to get different viewpoints from the wide variety of peoples on this site.

Go ahead an vent your angst on me. And telling me you hope I have a tragedy in my life? You don't even know me. I've had plenty or tragedies in my life. I had a brother killed in Vietnam and another die of cancer.....he would have gone to Vietnam too if it wasn't for the cancer. I sometimes ask God why didn't the one with cancer be the one and go and die in Vietnam instead of both my brothers having to die.

Vietnam was a pointless war and what's going on in Iraq is turning into the same thing. And like Vietnam, large corporations are making profits on the war while many of our citizens are dying. I thought Vietnam would have taught our government something...it obviously didn't. Don't fight a war unless you have a plan on how you're going to win it. We have no plan on how to win it. And the longer we drag it on, the less likely we are to win it. My thread brought out some interesting ideas on how some swift and intense techniques could be used to end this thing quickly. That was my goal, to get some opinions on other options.

I don't want to see another wall erected in 10 or 20 years with a list of 60,000 dead soldiers on it who died for nothing!

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

We did it in Japan and it put a quick end to the war and saved a lot of American lives....

Japan also attacked us first, on our soil.

Iraq does not need to be nuked, nor do we have the right to nuke anyone that doesnt attack us on our land.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

We did it in Japan and it put a quick end to the war and saved a lot of American lives....

Japan also attacked us first, on our soil.

Iraq does not need to be nuked, nor do we have the right to nuke anyone that doesnt attack us on our land.

Here Here , that's right , when provoked then fine defend yourself but looking to start a fight then claiming justification for the use of a wmd for self preservation is hypacritical in the fact you put yourself at risk in the first place , leave them alone unless they attempt to do harm, dont attack them preimptive then say well we did it cause we thought they thought about killing us or someone else, they didnt make out right threats till threats where made to them.

[edit on 3/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

And for that matter, any other country in the Middle East giving us problems. Seems like a quick solution and one that would make the rest of the world fear us again instead of thinking we are a big joke. Of course we'd have to get our troops and civilians out first.

For those unfamiliar with Neutron Bombs...they destroy all living things, but leave structures and other non-living things in tact. So we could ait for the smoke to clear and then go in and take over!!

Is this too extreme?

why dont they take a sample of your DNA and splice it out of the human gene pool so there will be 1 less stumbleing block in the human evolution?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Are you nuts? like seriously there no problem in iraq, the dictator that could have Harmed other countries is gone, the country Does not need to be bombed, what did the people ever do to you? what a rediculous thing to say, its americans like you that give the rest a bad name

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Because 90% of the population supports us. It's our dear media reporting only the bad news that has caused us to see Iraq as a quagmire. Even Fox News has been doing this, and they're the news station with a conservative slant (I love how they continue to refer to Clinton as a junior senator
). Get your information from the source, the Iraqi people, and you'll see the true story. Just do a google for "Iraqi blog" and you'll see both perspectives.

Fox news couldnt even make it through a simple story about a plain crash they where covering without having to make 3 retractions about the facts they mistated during one simple story so I dont think anyone should be impressed when they portray a "quadmeir" out of the situation in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
noctu.....do you have anything intelligent to add to the debate here or just insults?

And, as I've said at least 6 times in this thread, I was just looking for others opinions and used the original post to do so...it doesn't mean I believe in it....it was just a way to start the conversation rolling.....

as for your insults...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

noctu.....do you have anything intelligent to add to the debate here or just insults?

And, as I've said at least 6 times in this thread, I was just looking for others opinions and used the original post to do so...it doesn't mean I believe in it....it was just a way to start the conversation rolling.....

as for your insults...

amen pesonal attacks like that are out of line save it for the people who actually desrve it like the true sources of the issue brought before us for debate for if they had not made errors we wouldnt even be here debating the issue at hand , the posters are exspressing opinions based on conculsions and hypothesis based on the actions or results of the actor not the debators,

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

as for your insults...

ok I admit I didnt read all the posts and ocasionally my sarcastic humor gets the best of me one of my flaws so I apologise.

my answer is not only would it make us look bad to the civilised world it would set a bad exaple for other nations or justify some nation to do the same thing when some other problem arises.

it would be hypocritical useing a WMD in a so called war for principles and against the use of wmd's

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by noctu

as for your insults...

ok I admit I didnt read all the posts and ocasionally my sarcastic humor gets the best of me one of my flaws so I apologise.

my answer is not only would it make us look bad to the civilised world it would set a bad exaple for other nations or justify some nation to do the same thing when some other problem arises.

it would be hypocritical useing a WMD in a so called war for principles and against the use of wmd's

and based on your new response I add my opinion is the same but let us not forget those who shape those opinions are screwed up to and actually make the issues worse by egging things such as the use of wmd to defeat the THREAT not the actual use of WMDs so they are equally guilty as those who would choose to commit the action themselves.

It's like using a power saw to do the surgery that a scalple should be used for, with the latter being the more constructive and less costly.

[edit on 3/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Originally posted by junglejake

Sky news is just as bad! they dont ever actually check out the stories in their rush just so they can be first and dont issue retractions either. They just dont mention them again! not surprising when they are both owed by murdoch
Fox news couldnt even make it through a simple story about a plain crash they where covering without having to make 3 retractions about the facts they mistated during one simple story so I dont think anyone should be impressed when they portray a "quadmeir" out of the situation in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
Sky news is just as bad! they dont ever actually check out the stories in their rush just so they can be first and dont issue retractions either. They just dont mention them again! not surprising when they are both owed by murdoch

Isnt CBS a Turner co. I think turner and Murdoch must be related cause their news agencies both to seem to act then same way , but i didnt know that thing about sky news thats interesting how all the idiocies connect together though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join