It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on? FBI,State Police Continue Search-Yard Dug Up/Searched 5 years ago with K-9

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
Hmmm, now the story linked above (www.wickedlocal.com...) has apparently been updated to say that the bones don't appear to be human. Still makes one wonder why, if they don't appear to be human, they would have brought in dogs and heavy equipment. In the video the neighbor said they were flagging places while the dogs were working. That sounds a lot like a cadaver dog....
Had that bit of info not been reported, I could have imagined someone going through the old man's house in preparation for settlement of the estate, found "bones" and called in authorities. But if those bones weren't discernibly human, why bring in heavy equipment and dogs? Why dig up the back yard if the original find was in the basement?
Could be shoddy reporting I suppose---we've seen a lot of that.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

True, but there is a picture from a drone of a tarped off location. So they are doing something outside in the backyard.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well, here's a different report. boston.cbslocal.com...

It says that three bones were found that appear to be animal bones.

On Tuesday investigators announced they had found three bones that they believe are from an animal. The bones will be tested by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to confirm.

They say the investigation is still going on. Hundreds of buckets have been removed from the home. Very strange. The FBI has been there since last week but it is the local DA that is giving out info apparently. Again, I don't know if this is the result of shoddy reporting or that the reporters are getting confusing information.

The only possible scenario that I can envision such confusion over would be that the bones might be from a child. Children's bones can be mistaken for animal bones since they are not developed and don't look like the bones we studied in anatomy. Some do indeed look a lot like chicken bones.

I don't blame the neighbors for being mystified.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

We will have to see what is found. Hopefully it doesn't disappear into the news void never to be seen again.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Totally speculating here, but based on his age and location, in addition to recent arrests, I wonder if he might have been part of the Winter Hill Gang.

They were a mafia organization that killed many people and committed many crimes in the Boston area.

I am guessing this because there was another related arrest recently.
Man, 80, Arrested In 1991 Killing Of Armored Truck Guard In Worcester

December 13, 2016 6:40 PM

WORCESTER (AP/CBS) — An 80-year-old Massachusetts man has been charged in the 1991 fatal shooting of an armored truck guard.

The Worcester District Attorney’s office said Tuesday that Ralph DeMasi, of Amesbury, Massachusetts, has been charged with murder and robbery.

DeMasi is accused of killing 52-year-old Edward Morlock of Athol, Massachusetts, in May 1991. Morlock was shot while carrying bags of money from a Shaw’s Supermarket in Worcester.

Prosecutors say DeMasi and three other suspects robbed Morlock and then escaped in a waiting car. Authorities say the other suspects have all died.

DeMasi was a witness in the trial of James “Whitey” Bulger in 2013. DeMasi was wounded in a hit on another man connected to Bulger.

This is related to a trial earlier a few years ago (maybe the last time they searched Haskell's propety?):
Victims’ Relatives Testify In Whitey Bulger Trial

All related to the Winter Hill Gang.
John Martorano

A notorious hitman, John Martorano was at the center of much of the Winter Hill Gang's dirty work in the 1970s. The Milton native has admitted to committing 20 murders between 1965 and 1982, some allegedly at the direction of "Whitey" Bulger and Stephen Flemmi -- or with the gangsters' direct participtation.

Or... maybe it has nothing to do with this
When I am bored, I speculate bigger

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sounds like either one body which is now in many tiny pieces (the buckets) or they are looking for multiple bodies. That's my guess as a crime buff with no professional training. This isn't making the news in south yet.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Tiny pieces. I don't like the sound of that. But buckets, and lots of them. Wonder if it was the soil from a crawl space or from the basement?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join