It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Hole Is A Swirl Of Vast Quantum Information, Research Says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
More evidence that the universe is a construct of information.

Black holes have always fascinated people from all walks of life for many years. One of the most common questions that has been asked is what's inside these strong electromagnetic fields that pull all of the light in the middle of it? It looks like scientists have found an answer thanks to a recent research filled with vast quantum information.

A recent research published in the pre-printed arXiv found that the X-ray radiation originating from the fast-spinning black holes is filled with a wealth of quantum information.

The curve of space-time seemed to have a unique shape near the fast spinning space phenomena. These unique twists turn the polarization angle of photons that are coming or passing near a black hole. The activity encodes a qubit which is the unit of quantum information equivalent to one bit.

According to NASA, that rotating black holes can create quantum circuits and quantum gates similar to Bell states. Bell state is what you can describe as the quantum counterpart of the classical computer programming.

China is the first nation to send out a quantum communication satellite in a recent program they labeled as Quantum Experiments at Space Scale or QUESS. Through these satellites, the experiment hopes to connect us to a future network of global quantum information.

www.universityherald.com...

So the universe is a quantum computer that simulates quantum information. Things like quantum circuits and quantum gates is what we use to build quantum computers. You also have the correlations of entanglement on a 2D boundary that corresponds to the gemoetry of 3D spacetime.

We could one day hack the universe. When we get quantum computers scaled up enough to simulate these quantum codes, we can easily simulate the universe and everything in it. We could even change the laws of physics or do things like change the color of Mars or make Pluto bigger.

On the other hand, whoever designed these codes may have also protected this information in a way that if you try to change things, the system collapses and reboots itself and you have another "big bang" or big reboot.

It goes even deeper because the quantum mind is quantum information.

“The connection to space–time geometry also raises the intriguing possibility that Orch OR allows consciousness apart from the brain and body, distributed and entangled in space–time geometry,” Hameroff says according to Popular Mechanics. When he spoke to the Huffington Post he also claimed, “It’s possible that the quantum information can can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul."
edit on 13-12-2016 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I love these science based info threads, S&F

Sadly I never have anything to add and neither do many others which is a shame.

I guess its hard to argue with stuff like this as its hard just to get your head around haha

We certainly live in interesting times

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I don't believe this is the reality mind you (not the story, what I'm about to say,) but stories like this always remind me of the notion that if we do live in a vast simulated universe, then black holes could be visible manifestations of the limits of the hardware - software "cheats" in the same sense abstractions are used in our own simulations when hardware is insufficient to truly simulate things. The idea that there is "infinite" density in a black hole always brings that to mind, as does the fact that entanglement isn't constrained by the speed of light (though we believe it's impossible to send information via entanglement due to the no-communication theory.)

Peace.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Getting the information in seems easy, even natural.

Retrieval of that information through, that's a whole different ball game i imagine.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Bizarre to wrap the mind around. Very cool stuff!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It is possible that Scientist have identified a interstellar rotating black hole...

www.msn.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if this isn't the birth of a new paradigm of scientific thought that could reach through all disciplines. It's definitely gaining traction.

Perhaps in fifty years we'll be looking at classical physics entirely through the lens of data nodes, lines and vortexes and will remember classical physics in the same way that we currently regard medieval alchemy.

This could be the higher level of reasoning that Einstein alluded to.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Everday I see new discoveries, I think mostly coming from the knowledge they discover at the large hydron collider.
And the new mysterious particals its releasing.

We also seem to bypass the laws of physics like the new Emdrive that some think now works due to dark matter or energy .

Even blackholes seem to store information on the surface and are not destructive at all , but seem to bring us into another dimension or multiverse.

My brain is spinning and I believe that everything is possible ,we may not exceed past the speed of light, but believe me we soon will .

End every theory once made finally breaks to bits and bytes and the Matrix isn't a fantasy movie anymore and than we soon will shake hands with wrecking Ralph.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

A black hole is nothing of the sort. I don't know why the physicists keep skipping over the bleedin obvious.

At the event horizon at the exact moment it forms time stops. Basic Einstein relativity. So think about this. How can the surface of the star at the event horizon move inwards if it is frozen in time? It cannot. What you have is a black surface.

So we now have a dark star where the surface is a massive gradient of time. Normal vibration of molecules due to heat inside the "dark star" will result in some molecules being drawn into a region of slower time. Net effect : the stars content drifts towards the surface. Eventually it will become unstable and explode. The smaller the black hole the faster it becomes unstable.

No need for singularities and the tearing up of the laws of physics. Relativity will suffice.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Leonard Susskind work on the subject is obviously relevant.

A point being that information is never destroyed.

edit on 13-12-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

You said:

A black hole is nothing of the sort.

You can't be serious. So everybody doing research in these areas and studying these areas should just accept your blind conclusion? The black hole information paradox is well known and quantum information is preserved on the horizon of a black hole.

The case for black holes being nothing but holograms just got even stronger

www.sciencealert.com...

Black Hole Information Paradox

en.wikipedia.org...

Black holes: The ultimate quantum computers?Black holes: The ultimate quantum computers?

www.newscientist.com...

Could the Milky Way's Supermassive Black Hole Serve as a Quantum Computer?

www.dailygalaxy.com...

I can go on and on. The information in these areas is becoming overwhelming. Physicist aren't skipping over anything. They're just following what the math and observations keep telling them.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Leonard Susskind part 2 and same subject from about a year ago and both vids....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-12-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic
More evidence that the universe is a construct of information.

Old news.
When anything and everything is examined down to it's ultimate 'component', we find 'quantum information waves', Mind'; whether rocks, stars or dreams and thoughts!
All is 'information' that becomes 'apparent' (appears) to the individual limited unique Perspective (Soul) of it!

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   

This stuff is so fascinating. Thanks for continually posting these topics.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
A black hole is a fantasy created by mathematicians to explain concentrations of energy that should not exist according to their own theories.

Spacetime is a purely mathematical construct used to build mathematical models. In physical reality, there is no such thing as a substance called spacetime. Given that all black holes are defined as an infinite density of spacetime, we can also say that black holes are an infinitely dense mathematical model or an infinitely dense abstraction of reality.

Thus, since it is impossible for a mathematical model to have any density at all, since it is just numbers on a piece of paper, there can be no such thing as a black hole in reality.

Space does not bend. No model of bending space has ever been put forth. Only MODELS of bending SPACETIME, which is nothing more than a mathematical model, have been presented.

Space has no properties that can act upon matter. Since space is nothing, nothing cannot bend.

edit on 12/14/2016 by AnarchoCapitalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

Umm science disagrees with you. Prove your assertions.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: AnarchoCapitalist

Umm science disagrees with you. Prove your assertions.

Science first

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A Black Hole needs SpaceTime to exist. Without bending the spacetime there can be no black holes, right ?
Because a black hole is created by Gravity, and gravity is the bending of spacetime, Einstein said.

Time is counting and Space is measuring.... how exactly can one combine those two into one construct ?
Besides, Time exists in Space and this excludes them from being the same.

so... no !!!
Universe is not a Hologram and a Black Hole is not A Swirl Of Vast Quantum Information.
edit on 14-12-2016 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

just posting here so i can easily find this thread again

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Hameroff: “It’s possible that the quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul."

The laws of quantum mechanics apply to physical substance made up of atoms and their constituents existing in space-time. By definition, the soul is immaterial, exists outside of space-time and is not subject to the laws of physical matter. So, Hameroff, stop making a fool of yourself with such metaphysical nonsense. Even better, take a few lessons in philosophy because you appear to be very confused in your concepts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join