It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take your stupid phones and ear buds and shove them!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I am so sick of people with their damn phones and ear buds everywhere they go, always texting and not paying attention, listening to their music and not paying attention, taking their stupid selfies and not paying attention.

Take them and shove them. Smartphones? NO. DUMBPHONES is more like it. Rude and obnoxious. Leave it to humans to run technology into the ground. OMG.

Really? Do you have a new appendage, NOW? What the hell are you morons going to do when you can't use the damn things anymore?

Stop, communicating? You will NOT get this through your thick skulls will you?

Go to dinner? Phones. Go to the store? Phones. Go to the movies? Phones. Go to the bank? Phones. Go to the park? Phones. Go to the bathroom? Phones. Go to bed? Phones. Driving? Phones.

OMG! Give it a rest already. So rude and obnoxious. Need a phone for emergencies? Fine. Keep in touch with your elderly parents? Fine. Track your kids? Fine. But everywhere you go on the DAMN phone? NOT FINE.

Stupid, rude and obnoxious. Everyone does not need to hear your stupid conversations everywhere you go. You want to play music and dance to your beat fine, but when you are doing things that involve other people? NOT FINE.

STUPID, DUMB, INCONSIDERATE, RUDE, OBNOXIOUS and TOTALLY RIDICULOUS behavior is UNACCEPTABLE!

End of rant.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

T_R_A_C_K_I_N_G D_E_V_I_C_E_S

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I agree OP... I hardly ever use my phone when i'm out except the odd txt or seeing what the time is.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

What precipitated this rant? My wife. She works very hard to take care of customers at her place of employment, only to have to deal with these morons every day. They sit there or stand there constantly on their damn phones. She ask them questions and they nod their damn heads and do not bother to even look up at her. Then when they get good and ready, they manage to acknowledge her. Only to inform her that they wanted something else or they wanted it packaged or bagged a different way.

So rude and obnoxious. I told her from now on, if a customer is on their damn phone or has earbuds in, to ignore them and go to the next customer that is not behaving as they are the only thing important in the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Im not sure I understand?
Are you saying you dont like people using their phones too much?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah, big brother, NSA is tracking every movement you make. I have a phone. Never turned on. Only for emergencies.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No. Not saying that at all. Does the word obtuse mean anything to you? Look it up!

link   
I'm with you on this. I have a cheap mobile phone which I use but I am not permanently plugged into it. I can only assume that the sort of phone user you are referring to have actual lives that are as dull and vacuous as they appear to be. One thing that surprises me is I was expecting to see a rise in accidents occurring because of people being in a state of total audio and visual immersion.

link   
To all those thinking about taking the advice in the title.....
Tie large tight knots in the wires and get an experienced person to oversee the removal process.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Good for you then you are NOT included in my list of objectionable behavior!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You know what scared me?

Last Saturday, we were driving home on the highway, about an hour and a half from home. I decided to check out the other drivers while hubby was driving.

5 out of every 10 drivers were using their damn PHONES!!!! Meaning they had them in their hands, where I could see it. WTH????
This included SEMI Drivers, which I know in my state, is a huge fine for both the drivers, and the company they drive for. This was a three lane highway.

I did this for 15 minutes.

And people wonder why I don't leave my small town very often. The roads aren't safe.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Oh but there has been a tremendous rise in "accidents". People not watching where they are going falling off cliffs. Texting and driving leading to "accidental" deaths of drivers and passengers and innocent bystanders. Unfortunately, these are not "accidental" incidents. They are purposeful due to inconsiderate, obnoxious, rude idiots.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yep. Doesn't specify where to shove them though, I will leave that to the individual.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Yep, very scary indeed, the amount of inconsiderate rude obnoxious people that we have to entrust our very lives driving all around us every day. Wish they would get a clue before they do something really stupid that kills other people.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

How many of you have the balls to tell someone in your proximity to get the hell off their phones and pay attention? I have and will, anytime they pull this crap on me. In line behind me or in front of me, you will know I exist, you stupid jerks. If I could pull over every idiot driving with their phones in their hands or even using a bluetooth, I would and believe me they would not want that.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I have some rules, where use of a phone is concerned. First of all, if I am walking and my phone is out, that is because I am speaking on it. The main advantage of using a mobile telecommunications device, is that it is, by definition and nomenclature, mobile. Therefore, I do not stop moving to take a call. But I absolutely stop moving to send text, read data, and to consume any visual input from the device. The reason for that is the same reason as I would give for not crossing the street while reading a book. Its bloody dangerous, stupid, and rude to other people, to potentially cause a traffic accident, just because you cannot be bothered to stop reading while crossing the street.

Furthermore, I do not use my phone to listen to music. I listen to music through speakers, not those in the phone (which are rubbish no matter what brand of device you happen to use). I am sure that there are types of music, enjoyed by the culturally deficient, which could at a stretch, be tolerated through sub standard speakers, but for music created with actual instruments, played by actual musicians, it is necessary to provide the necessary respect to the music, by playing it through at least a decent audio system, which no phone in history has ever been able to boast to an adequate degree.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

No. Not saying that at all. Does the word obtuse mean anything to you? Look it up!

Sorry I was being silly,
I thought it was quite obvious you were saying that but now Im just confused???

Were you being sarcastic in your OP or when you responded to me?

Would it be obtuse of me to ask why its necessary for me to look up obtuse?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Some people can't live without a phone for 5 mins.. unfortunately.

It's also become very hard to chat up any women these days as a lot have these earphones plugged I or are chatting/texting away.. even in cafe's they are plugged into their Laptops!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Give it a few more years dude.. eventually you'll see pregnant women giving birth to babies with phones.

Or the doctor gives the newborn a phone.

Its how this world will evolve.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
a reply to: intrptr
I have a phone. Never turned on. Only for emergencies.

What if your wife has an emergency and needs to contact you when you're out the house?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join