It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Crushes Conspiracy: No Evidence that Russia Tampered with Votes in Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

President Barack Obama emphatically denounced the conspiracy theory saying Russians successfully tampered with the American voting process.

“We were frankly more concerned in the run up to the election to the possibilities of vote tampering, which we did not see evidence of,” he said. “And we’re confident that we can guard against.”

During an interview with the Daily Show’s Trevor Noah, Obama downplayed the hack of a private email account of Clinton campaign chief John Podesta, defending his administration for revealing in October that the Russian government was connected.

Obama Crushes Conspiracy: No Evidence that Russia Tampered with Votes in Election

This is good news on a lot of fronts. I'm sure all the electors in the Electoral College will not miss it. I hope Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.) doesn't miss it either...

Dem congressman: Electoral College has 'right' to weigh Russian hacking

If the push for an Electoral College mutiny based on supposed Russian hacking continues, we'll know that there's some kind of a battle going on within the U.S. federal government. That's the stuff of legendary conspiracy theories.

As for what the information in the article linked to at the top of this post means in the big picture, I'm breathing a sigh of relief. I may be putting too much faith in one of the biggest liars ever to hold public office in the U.S.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

For the 80th time, Obama was talking about the voting machines being hacked. Not the emails.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I usually start my post with certain wording, but now I have to start with, people have to be blind no to see from where the propaganda of Russia involvement comes from

The Democratic party better start to shake up, shape up, wake up and take a good look inside their walls and into their leadership, because they are starting to look like nothing more than a whole bunch of anarchist that doesn't give two rat arses how America goes down the toilet in order to pursue their presidential loser candidate mad agenda.

edit on 13-12-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

For the 80th time, Obama was talking about the voting machines being hacked. Not the emails.

There is also zero proof Russia hacked the DNC's E-mails. Unless you know something all the intelligence agencies don't.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Not saying it's proof but Trump was
advocating for Russia to hack her.
Was advocating for his 2nd amendment
friends to handle her.
Trump does sure like to say things that hold consequences.
Yet since it's your messiah stating those great quotes
it's A-OK.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I wouldn't expect any information to be available to the public at this point if this is a real thing.

The article on the other hand, is using Obama's statements about the voting machines and making it seem like he's talking about the emails. How is that not completely dishonest?

The whole "fake news" label is thrown around too much these days if you ask me. But if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck..

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Those e-mails, were they the ones that were all totally factual and accurate? the ones that exposed the DNC for being dishonest and scummy? those e-mails? Cool, just checking.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

Yes he was, but he was asking WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange to leak anything he had on Clinton back in June 2016 to help with an indictment.

Did Trump Really Ask Russia to Hack Hillary?

No, he didn't not, He asked Russian to find the missing e-mails that Hillary lost or deleted.

Russia never leaked them.

The Miami Herald was the one that took Trumps words and spun them into he asking for the Russians to leak the missing emails

First, Russia was suspected of just suspected of hacking Clinton foundation back in June.

Second, the DNC claimed that they were hacked by Russia, but it was not them but supposedly Clintons foundation.

Third Russia never found the missin e mails.

This all hear say and propaganda crap from June 16 to claim Trump links to hacking that can not be proved back in June and neither now.

edit on 13-12-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Those e-mails, were they the ones that were all totally factual and accurate? the ones that exposed the DNC for being dishonest and scummy? those e-mails? Cool, just checking.

So you know for sure the emails were 100% factual and accurate? Do tell.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

And for the 80th time, the US hacks ALL governments. Even busted doing it. But now Democrats have a problem with it because they believe it may have made them cry.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So you know for sure the emails were 100% factual and accurate? Do tell.
LOL

A bunch of DNC officials quit over all those, and it wrecked the whole Democrat convention.

And Donna Brazile got caught lying about the debate questions too !!

And she's still working.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Again...not proof..
Don't be willingly ignorant though.
You don't search for emails in the physical trash out in front of your house.
You find them electronically - internet - hacking.
That's not a leap of faith - it's the implication of what he is implying.
Again - I know he's your messiah and you will defend ANYTHING he does to the death
but at some point you have to acknowledge that his words do hold weight otherwise
he would NOT be our President.
This isn't some narrative or contrived observation of events.
It's what's been happening - so yes - he did ask Russian to hack Hillary
whether you like it or not. Whether you'll admit it or not.
With that said though - at this point what does it matter?
For better or worse Trump is our president and I hope he does well for us.
There is something to be said of his continued hiring of not the swamp now but the nuclear waste
to his cabinet and his back facing to his promises already.
It's going to be an interesting term for this president.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow

Not saying it's proof but Trump was
advocating for Russia to hack her.

No, he made a joke about finding the 30k lost emails.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

His presidency and his choice of cabinet is going to be interesting thing indeed, but that is not what worries me, what worries me is the state of affairs in our country with so much dissent and the encouragement of it, also the length that those behind the dissent are willing to go to push for a more violent activism in our nation.

That is what worries me, this not going to get better after inauguration but I fear is going to get worst, a new trend, that will span every election until something really happen to disrupt our nation.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

people have to be blind no to see from where the propaganda of Russia involvement comes from

but it's working. They are starting to turn the screws on all fronts. I'm greatly saddened by what's going on in the US currently. 2016 was a real eye opener for me. I would write a thread on it...but I feel weak to type something coherent and not reduced to few lines.

There is plenty of people that swallow propaganda. We all do in a way. In my country it's the ever eternally clear and present danger of Serbia. The old boogeyman. It's the Russians with the US. We've all been indoctrinated from the very young age into accepting the danger of an age old foe...the old nemesis. It's a tale of a good hero, David if you like...defeating the evil ugly giant. A sort of fail safe panic button. The ultimate control tool.

In order for this to work...you have to be made to believe you are good...and they are bad...evil.

The card is being played now...as a last desperate attempt. The hidden ace from the sleeve. I fear...it might work. Problem is...there's plenty of conservatives that want to pick a fight with Russia. I fear...Trump will not be enough.

I...dont have a say in all of this...but will probably be sucked into this potentiality.

Damn you all for it.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

President Barack Obama emphatically denounced the conspiracy theory saying Russians successfully tampered with the American voting process.

This clearly can only mean one thing.

Obama is a sexist and does not want to see a female president, Hurry call Rachel Maddow.

edit on 451231America/ChicagoTue, 13 Dec 2016 11:45:22 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

And for the 80th time, the US hacks ALL governments. Even busted doing it. But now Democrats have a problem with it because they believe it may have made them cry.

Source?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

You need to get a thread on it, but no now that ATS is full of anti this and pro this threads, because it will be ignored, you also need to research on how much involvement the FBI and CIA have on the propaganda, the e mail leak didn't got into the hands of those that leak them by immaculate conception and neither by magic and is not surprises either, this was and agenda very well put together.

I have the feeling that our own security agencies have as much to do with all this as those behind the scenes in Hillary's camp. Specially when plans where made, procedures already in place, but now the main character in place, that was taken over by somebody that everybody though it had no chance, all the money invested, lost and I bet some foreign interest somewhere behind Hillary wanting a refund.

The links are too strong to be ignored.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If the Russians somehow tampered with the presidential election results then how/why on November 8th did republicans also win majorities nationwide, both at local and state levels, as well as the House and Senate? Did the Russians hack those results too?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I have the feeling that our own security agencies have as much to do with all this as those behind the scenes in Hillary's camp. Specially when plans where made, procedures already in place, but now the main character in place, that was taken over by somebody that everybody though it had no chance, all the money invested, lost and I bet some foreign interest somewhere behind Hillary wanting a refund.

You are probably right. All this is making me rather apathetic to the whole cause. The madness will prevail. Our own history testifies to that.

The links are too strong to be ignored.

But those that must do something about it...keep ignoring it. Then you're left wondering...am I mad ?

Its best I recluse to my cave.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join