It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trendy food crazes....now its sriracha and a few others

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
ive wondered about these trendy little food crazes that seem to catch on.

few i can still think of currently

bacon
its everywhere. not just regular bacon but restaurants offer bacon on ice cream and candied bacon. i see people with shirts that proclaim how awesome bacon is all the time....it is a current fad.

sriracha.....same as bacon. im seeing it on shirts. fast food joints have sriracha infused buns and sriracha laden cheese to go on their sriracha burger....its all over

ghost pepper.....kind of a craze right now. wendys has or just has ghost pepper fries. seeing ghost pepper infused smokies at the deli....

kombucha is a new one...this # is nasty...it is showing up all over the place...all the grocery stores have it. im seeing commercials for it... up till recently i didnt even know what it was...

cold pressed juices....seeing them everywhere. first place i saw them was trader joes. super expensive. like $7 for a 20 ounce type bottle. saw then yesterday at my local grocery store. a bunch of flavors. not as expensive but still up there....

how do these trends start and what starts them off you think?'

i go back 5 years and of course i remember people eating bacon but i dont recall them advertising it as a lifestyle....

any food trends you notice?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Just off the top of my head, I have no food trends to add...but you can never have too many Sriracha-infused food items. Never!! Sriracha FTW!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

bacon is NOT a fad

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

no but the bacon on the shirts and hats is the fad.....
it has become trendy to wear clothes with images of bacon while you eat bacon....

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Bacon was a fad in the late 2000's. It's really not as popular as it used to be. Granted it is delicious, but it isn't fadish anymore. You are about 5 years too late for these fads (even Siracha isn't that fashionable anymore). Now if you had mentioned kale or gluton free I would have agreed with you.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I agree with you on the Siracha.

It's freaking hot sauce people.

And my homemade is way better. LOL

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I used to like Siracha, then right before it got super popular in the mid-2000's I stopped eating it. Not because I didn't like it anymore, just because I liked other hot sauces better. It's good, but it isn't incredible or anything. Good marketing I guess.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I can remember when yoghurt was just a trendy food craze. Together with Muesli.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah, I think it is just marketing. Some take off, some don't.

Hubby is insane for hot sauces, so I grow some different peppers every year, and experiment with sauces for him and his buddies.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Sriracha is overrated. Pico Pica is THE BEST hot sauce in the market.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That's awesome. Homemade hotsauces are always hotter anyways. My buddy's mom has a garden where she grows peppers and tomatoes. I've had a few of their fresh jalapenos and they will knock your socks off hot. My friends made me eat a HUGE one seeds and all uncooked and raw. Wow...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

bacon is NOT a fad

I too am confused about a person suggesting bacon is a craze.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I like trendy food, especially Sriracha! Ghost pepper I am still trying to grow.

Southwest grilling and nonGMO appear to be the trends now.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
you forgot Avocado, it's freeking everywhere, on subs, in burgers, on freeking pizza. I've been enjoying sriracha since I started cooking thai and viet food back in the 80's and I love it not so much for the heat (there are hotter sauces i enjoy) but for the flavour; I agree it's gone stupid in everything and getting annoying like Kale did a few years back. Food fads are annoying in that it floods the market till you're sick and tired of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

bacon shirts are micro aggressions towards jews and muslims, CENSORSHIP NOW

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
kefir > kombucha

imo

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

maybe where youre at im late but where i am these are out in full force

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

bacon is NOT a fad

You're missing a line.

It should be:

Bacon is not a fad; bacon is LIFE!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
For a while it was chipotle. I am proud to say I liked it before it was cool and still do.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

maybe where youre at im late but where i am these are out in full force

Yummy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join