It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

"Why are responses so far afield of the topic?"

Really you have no idea?

You make a thread, using a left wing nut job stating her case using a democratic polling companies data to make her point and you think people are just going to have a nice little chat over tea and discuss it's merits?

How long have you been on ATS?

edit on R572016-12-13T09:57:21-06:00k5712Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R572016-12-13T09:57:51-06:00k5712Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: StudColt
I would gladly live in any reality in which I don't have to live amongst the abortionist, misfit, and ghetto left.

Well the abortion thing is a legal right but then again women need to be controlled don't they?
You don't want to be around misfits? Then Donnie's camp is not the place for you. Unless you think knuckle dragging, racist, Islamophobic and antisemitic attitudes are normal.
Ghetto left? Aww poor you having to be around black people.

Strawman argument. Abortion has nothing to do with controlling women. Has everything to do with killing babies/children.

Where do you think that baby is at the local 7/11? Also until it develops into a fetus it is nothing more than a parasitic mass of cells.

link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Wow sad looks like maddow doesnt understand that unemployment is higher than ever and that she backs a figure that omits most of the people not actually working. Just touts the numbers for people recieving benefits. Which is less than the amount of people actually unemployed.

I addressed how unelployment is calculated in the OP and gave the link to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It is not as simple as 'just the people receiving benefits'. That is a myth.

4.6 may be too low, but it is not very far from the actual number. The only people not counted are the ones who have done ZERO to seek employment over a certain amount of time. It counts people who are laid off and expecting to return at some point, it counts people who even sent in a resume in the last 4 weeks prior to the last count even if they no longer receive unemployment benefits or never have. I believe this is counted quarterly.
edit on 13-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: buster2010

I would gladly live in any reality in which I don't have to live amongst the abortionist, misfit, and ghetto left.

Well the abortion thing is a legal right but then again women need to be controlled don't they?
You don't want to be around misfits? Then Donnie's camp is not the place for you. Unless you think knuckle dragging, racist, Islamophobic and antisemitic attitudes are normal.
Ghetto left? Aww poor you having to be around black people.

Strawman argument. Abortion has nothing to do with controlling women. Has everything to do with killing babies/children.

If the abortion issue was REALLY about killing babies/children then you conservatives wouldn't be so up-in-arms against welfare for single mothers, improving adoption services around the country, providing contraceptives, and providing adequate sexual education beyond "ABSTINENCE ONLY!".

Your words/rhetoric don't ever match your actions is what I'm saying.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Spot on. Just to add the really sad thing: Rachel Maddow makes 7mio per year for spewing elitist 'democratic' viewpoints.

link   
lol Rachel is starting to report like a liberal Alex Jones haha! Becoming sensationalized and trying to rile people up. It seems to me she is just doing it to help herself feel better.

1776 is going global!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
It went over certain, important facts. It said nothing about 'racists'. Where do you get that from?

If manyTrump voters believe the stock market fell under Obama, when it doubled, though, where do you think they found this information?

I was referring to the general refrain of the left about Trump voters.

In terms of the stock market question, this isn't brain surgery. First, what was the precise question asked? Second, how many of the respondents are in the stock market? Maybe many interpreted the question to mean how did they do economically over the past eight years? Wage stagnation, real unemployment or underemployment, and increasing housing and health care costs mean far more to blue collar people than to comfortable market investors.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84

Spot on. Just to add the really sad thing: Rachel Maddow makes 7mio per year for spewing elitist 'democratic' viewpoints.

It is not spot on. You missed the Bureau of Labor Statistics link in the OP. They don't only count those receiving unemploynment benefits.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: intrptr

I found that interesting enough to make a thread about it.

Mmm hmmm, what you did was bring main stream propaganda here. I don't watch CNN, its brainwashing...

...but thanks anyway

It is a poll they reported on. I find it fairly accurate. Is it worse than say, alt propaganda sites that spread the false things people in this poll believe?

I don't believe anything they 'report' on. They always misinform or misdirect. "Alternate" sites, like this one, have an alternative viewpoint, thanks be to the ordinary people on the Interwebz.

Do you really believe people that want real change from the past are 'living in an alternate of reality'?

lol, you already answered that.

It is good to be skeptical. This seemed accurate to me, even if you don't like the MSM. The article I linked isn't even MSM. It is so far away from MSM I don't even know what it is lol.

Now deflect from the Rachael Show. Besides it being aired in the main stream by one of their celebrity, anyone who believes the notion the celebrity presider is in charge is fooled anyway.

Do I hope for change from current trends and the status quo? Don't you?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It is not spot on. You missed the Bureau of Labor Statistics link in the OP. They don't only count those receiving unemploynment benefits.

PPP, look at their articles then comeback here and honestly tell yourself you trust their data:

www.publicpolicypolling.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

It went over certain, important facts. It said nothing about 'racists'. Where do you get that from?

If manyTrump voters believe the stock market fell under Obama, when it doubled, though, where do you think they found this information?

I was referring to the general refrain of the left about Trump voters.

In terms of the stock market question, this isn't brain surgery. First, what was the precise question asked? Second, how many of the respondents are in the stock market? Maybe many interpreted the question to mean how did they do economically over the past eight years? Wage stagnation, real unemployment or underemployment, and increasing housing and health care costs mean far more to blue collar people than to comfortable market investors.

That would be important if this thread was a 'general refrain', but it isn't.

The question asked was "Did the stock market decrease under Obama's presidency, overall?" It was pretty clear. And the stock market DOUBLED.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

...the stock market DOUBLED.

YAY! The one-percenters did better than everyone else!

You people are so inconsistent in your ideology.
edit on 13-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

(post by StudColt removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

PPP, look at their articles then comeback here and honestly tell yourself you trust their data:

www.publicpolicypolling.com...

I read that VERY article while researching them. It had Clinton leading by 5 points in 5 states. Their margin of error is +/- 2.8% It talks about early voting as well and in early voting, Clinton did have a lead, as Democrats often do in any election year.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I live in the reality where Trump won the election...with a total of 306 electoral college votes..

In my reality the affordable care act will be gone in a few months, taxes will decrease for my wife and I (who are both corps from 35% to %15), a wall will be built to block the hoardes of uneducated aliens from flooding into my great country, and we will begin opening refineries to deal with the oil from America's MASSIVE oil fields heretonow off limits from a soon to be dismantled EPA...

What did I miss? Oh yeah, Obama and his leftist policies will be completed obliterated from the history books and he will be reduced to a parentheses in American history...

Betcha my reality is more realistic than Maddows...I'd actually bet but I don't gamble...

-Chris

Betcha, in four years, the US will not vote him back into office! Trump supporters are so blind!

Do you think Trump will pay his taxes next year? After all he promised to fix the loop holes!

Or will he go back on that too?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

But shall we meet in the real world I'll be sure to pick on you and make you jelly.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have an internet warrior here.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Republicans don't believe in polls anymore. Them being all wrong had a lot to do with it.

That is why I looked at this polling company closely as well.

Yes. I remember the left ripping into the LA Times poll that consistently had Trump winning.... the left said that the poll was skewed by one black guy.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

...the stock market DOUBLED.

YAY! The one-percenters did better than everyone else!

You people are so inconsistent in your ideology.

Stock markets going up are a sign of a healthy economy. I own some stocks as many middle class people do. Possibly not a ton, but some. It also helps retirement plans and 401ks from employers that invest in stocks for the employee.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

This thread is not about that, the poll had nothing to do with the things you mention. Why are responses so far afield of the topic?

Sure it does, Rachel Maddow is trying to shame people into her reality but its not working and a big factor why Hillary lost.

The only facts that dealt with Hillary losing was her suck Factor being at epic levels and far greater than Trumps.

Her loss had nothing todo with voters being misinformed or any other shaming tactics that Alternate Left democrats appear to try to push.

She lost because she Sucked that bad and not because non Hillary supporters were misinformed. There was misinformation and misrepresentation on both sides.

People had enough of Clinton like politicians, apparently Enough so to risk Having Trump in office.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Republicans don't believe in polls anymore. Them being all wrong had a lot to do with it.

That is why I looked at this polling company closely as well.

Yes. I remember the left ripping into the LA Times poll that consistently had Trump winning.... the left said that the poll was skewed by one black guy.

I do keep thinking about the LA Times and whatever they were doing was correct. I had not heard 'the left said it was swewed by one black guy'.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join