It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+12 more 
link   
Funny thing is i just checked the Polling company which is the source of this story.

PPP Public policy Polling. It was literally founded by a Democrat, because he was fed up by republican leaning Poll companies.

How PPP became the 'it' Democrats Pollster

Their website is over here: PPP

Scroll through their polls: Hillary lead,.....HIllary won the debate by.... Dems leading.... HRC campaign stepping up the lead.....

I guess hindsight you can blame them for 'self destructing prophecies'.

Unbiased quality poll source though? No way.

link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: reldra

Actually, please keep beating that dead horse...the one that says people who voted against HRC are misinformed, victims of 'fake' news, and unknowing racists.

It helps. It really does.

It went over certain, important facts. It said nothing about 'racists'. Where do you get that from?

If manyTrump voters believe the stock market fell under Obama, when it doubled, though, where do you think they found this information?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
Funny thing is i just checked the Polling company which is the source of this story.

PPP Public policy Polling. It was literally founded by a Democrat, because he was fed up by republican leaning Poll companies.

What is funny is that it seems you did not read my OP. I gave the URL for the polling company. I mentioned some facts about their accuracy. The polls I found from them in articles stated Clinton was leading in the popular vote. Their last poll was in an article stating the electoral vote was not looking great for Clinton, well before the election.

Maybe you should have read to the bottom of the OP. I provided the url and information on the polling company.

I was looking at accuracy and they have been very accurate.
edit on 13-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Accurate polling requires the demographic breakdown of a survey to closely resemble the same breakdown for the population you are trying to measure. By beginning their surveys by asking for the “second oldest woman in the household” or some other criteria, traditional pollsters can manipulate their respondents during a poll in order to reach quotas for demographic groups like gender, race, age, etc. IVR polling does not allow PPP to set quotas beforehand, instead we have to work with the data after our survey. To achieve relatively accurate demographic breakdowns we employ weighting schemes.

edit on 13-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So if you didn't vote for Hillary. . . you don't think clearly.

hahahahaha

Don't forget racist, homophobe and sexist aswell.

(post by StudColt removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Christosterone

To quote one of my musical idols, Freddie Mercury, "we are the champions".

Way to misquote Freddie Donnie lost the popular vote. Donnie's win is the same as making a Slop Shot while playing pool. You may have won but everyone knows you shouldn't have.

right. and at the end of the game you still get paid. so, have a nice day and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84

Scroll through their polls: Hillary lead,.....HIllary won the debate by.... Dems leading.... HRC campaign stepping up the lead.....

I guess hindsight you can blame them for 'self destructing prophecies'.

Unbiased quality poll source though? No way.

Falsehood...the OP clearly stated she vetted this polling source......... biased democratic pollsters? Blasphemy!!!

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Clearly the Maddowians use the same playbook they use when combating (gasp) Conspiracy Theorists, which is to say they paint you as a misinformed, I'll-informed, insane, or some sort of snake oil salesman.

Isn't it possible there are simply informed voters with beliefs differing from yours?

The Left has really revealed their ability to always sink lower, and Maddow is pure noise.

link   
Name calling is not a very good way to sway people to your position.
But when people can't understand the other position they get frustrated and angry.
The divide continues.

link   

Hasn't the left learned anything about polls? The left is always wrong when it comes to polls.

The whole election cycle comes to mind.

Then again maybe it's not the polls that are wrong maybe it's just the left.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: intrptr

I found that interesting enough to make a thread about it.

Mmm hmmm, what you did was bring main stream propaganda here. I don't watch CNN, its brainwashing...

...but thanks anyway

It is a poll they reported on. I find it fairly accurate. Is it worse than say, alt propaganda sites that spread the false things people in this poll believe?

I don't believe anything they 'report' on. They always misinform or misdirect. "Alternate" sites, like this one, have an alternative viewpoint, thanks be to the ordinary people on the Interwebz.

Do you really believe people that want real change from the past are 'living in an alternate (state) of reality'?

lol, you already answered that.
edit on 13-12-2016 by intrptr because: (state)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So if you didn't vote for Hillary. . . you don't think clearly.

hahahahaha

Don't forget racist, homophobe and sexist aswell.

This thread is not about that, the poll had nothing to do with the things you mention. Why are responses so far afield of the topic?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Good luck with this thread. Though I see you used a few Trump supporter triggers (MSNBC source, Rachel Maddow, it's a poll, telling them their news is fake, etc) so I hope you brought your flame proof suit as there will be quite a few who will just see these things I listed and immediately get triggered about the whole thread.

You are confused...

Soft minded leftists are the ones who get triggered and require safe spaces with coloring books and therapy dogs…

Human beings get triggered, regardless of their political affiliation.

People are primates, barely removed from the trees. You don't stop being a human when you become a Republican. At least, I don't think you do.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wow sad looks like maddow doesnt understand that unemployment is higher than ever and that she backs a figure that omits most of the people not actually working. Just touts the numbers for people recieving benefits. Which is less than the amount of people actually unemployed. Seems like rachel will grab at anything without thinking it through to back her crazy view of reality. And she seems to honestly believe that her smug delivery is actually working. Its jyst making her look like an ass. Look at the glee on her face....she looks pathalogical.

But there is hope for rachel. One day maybe 20 years down the line she look back and watch videos of her performing on msnbc and cringe when she sees just how arrogant and snotty her face looked and just how wrong she was. Maybe shell even realize shes a shill and how sad that is....but i doubt it. Insecure arrogant folks like her usually never see the error in their ways.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I found that interesting enough to make a thread about it.

Mmm hmmm, what you did was bring main stream propaganda here. I don't watch CNN, its brainwashing...

...but thanks anyway

It is a poll they reported on. I find it fairly accurate. Is it worse than say, alt propaganda sites that spread the false things people in this poll believe?

I don't believe anything they 'report' on. They always misinform or misdirect. "Alternate" sites, like this one, have an alternative viewpoint, thanks be to the ordinary people on the Interwebz.

Do you really believe people that want real change from the past are 'living in an alternate of reality'?

lol, you already answered that.

It is good to be skeptical. This seemed accurate to me, even if you don't like the MSM. The article I linked isn't even MSM. It is so far away from MSM I don't even know what it is lol.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: Christosterone

To quote one of my musical idols, Freddie Mercury, "we are the champions".

Way to misquote Freddie Donnie lost the popular vote. Donnie's win is the same as making a Slop Shot while playing pool. You may have won but everyone knows you shouldn't have.

right. and at the end of the game you still get paid. so, have a nice day and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yup you still get paid and everyone knows you are a joke.

link   

originally posted by: StudColt
I would gladly live in any reality in which I don't have to live amongst the abortionist, misfit, and ghetto left.

Well the abortion thing is a legal right but then again women need to be controlled don't they?
You don't want to be around misfits? Then Donnie's camp is not the place for you. Unless you think knuckle dragging, racist, Islamophobic and antisemitic attitudes are normal.
Ghetto left? Aww poor you having to be around black people.

Strawman argument. Abortion has nothing to do with controlling women. Has everything to do with killing babies/children.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diisenchanted

Hasn't the left learned anything about polls? The left is always wrong when it comes to polls.

The whole election cycle comes to mind.

Then again maybe it's not the polls that are wrong maybe it's just the left.

You mean the way the right was wrong about all the polls 4 years ago?

For the record, this type of poll is a lot harder to mess up than an election poll. Because the election poll has the added complexity of trying to predict turnout, which is where this year's polls failed and is almost always where they fail when they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join