It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Rachael Maddow. Such mixed views I have for her.

I will say, her and her studio does much better work when on defense. In the Bush years, she was on fire..Obama years was more cheerleader (nobody does well as cheerleader for politicians really).

This piece is interesting. I have seen on twitter at least this bubble she is describing (from the inside..I actually have more conservative "friends" than dems...actually, most of my friends are in the middle and sick of both sides being corrupt shills, but the loudest ones come from the right). Yeah, they think the stock market tanked under Obama, that unemployment is worse now than when he came into office, etc etc...

But thing is, they didn't really vote on those issues specifically. They were voting against Hillary as their biggest thing.

But the trump supporter DIDNT win it for Trump...it was the left who didn't show up...they lost it for Hillary
And for many reasons. First and foremost, the left lost its way in the last few years. identity politics, islam apologetics, tone deafness when it comes to concerns about illegal immigration mixed with a plan to import a crapton of muslim refugees..when we see what is going on in Germany and Sweden..etc.

That is why the liberals stayed home..because the left told them to.

Rachael Maddow helped Hillary lose the election also. Before the election, the left talking heads were soo incredibly smug in their dismissal of Trump even coming close...they were suggesting it would be an absolute miracle to even have lose by 50 points...election is over, dont even bother voting because the only thing left are the technicals. That is what you say when you dont want people to bother going out to vote (guess what happened).

2008 Obama: "dont be sure. we were sure before and look what happened in New Hampshire" (he lost that state against Clinton).

He knew the risks of comfort.

So yeah..interesting video clip..I hope Maddow doesn't spend too much time moaning about Trump supporters though and does a bit of introspection on how her and her collegues sank the boat better than any Trump supporter could have..not just in the dismissal, but in the full fledged pettyness they have been promoting...the spike they slammed into their liberal base from 8 years ago.

If not..then same nonsense in 2020

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
One of the things most concerning here are the lack of criticisms for Trump from his supporters. Very hypocritical stances such as being okay with a candidate promising prosecution and possibly jail for his opponent if he wins. Or calling on a foreign government to hack his opponent to help him win an election.

Also, from a Trump Support/conspiracy perspective, the long held concern for a rising Police State seems to completely vanish with Trump despite him blatantly pushing for amped up surveillance and military gear for Police and rise of "Law and Order", not to mention his threats against the media, and general authoritarian type positions. There was a time, Alex Jones would have held a megaphone to a candidate's face for suggesting such things-- now he sucks from the teet of Trump-- as do his supporters here on ATS. What gives?

If you're against rising police state, authoritarian, Big Brother -- why am I not seeing ANY of these concerns from his supporters on ATS. I understand the guy isn't Clinton-- Great-- but does that mean you were fine all along with authoritarian police state as long as it didn't happen under Clinton? How the F does that make any sense?

It seems the real blatant facts go ignored, while all stock has been moved to this fake news/false reality. It makes no sense.  

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

We wait now to see what he does unlike the left that won't even give the man a chance.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

The wait and see excuse seems to only apply to Trump. Why won't we just allow Syrian refugees and wait and see if it becomes a problem rather than not giving them a chance? Why was there a fight against Obamacare rather than just waiting to give it a chance? This wait and see logic doesn't hold up. 

Why did people choose to accept that Clinton is a pedophile and deathly ill, rather than wait and see? There was no evidence for either... So where was the wait and see attitude? 

You try to say the left won't give him a chance-- We've been listening and the things coming out of his mouth are horrible-- why has there been no objections by his supporters on ATS to the authoritarian/police state type suggestions coming out of his mouth? How does Trump get the "wait and see" pass even when he's blatant about it? Whereas, Clinton is accused of wanting to take away everyone guns despite the fact she says repeatedly that's NOT what she wants to do.

How does that make sense?

edit on 15-12-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The wait and see excuse seems to only apply to Trump. Why won't we just allow Syrian refugees and wait and see if it becomes a problem rather than not giving them a chance?

Maybe because the Syrian refugees were not elected as POTUS?
The government can't vet them properly. Let's just give them a chance!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: ksiezyc

The wait and see excuse seems to only apply to Trump. Why won't we just allow Syrian refugees and wait and see if it becomes a problem rather than not giving them a chance? Why was there a fight against Obamacare rather than just waiting to give it a chance? This wait and see logic doesn't hold up. 

Why did people choose to accept that Clinton is a pedophile and deathly ill, rather than wait and see? There was no evidence for either... So where was the wait and see attitude? 

You try to say the left won't give him a chance-- We've been listening and the things coming out of his mouth are horrible-- why has there been no objections by his supporters on ATS to the authoritarian/police state type suggestions coming out of his mouth? How does Trump get the "wait and see" pass even when he's blatant about it? Whereas, Clinton is accused of wanting to take away everyone guns despite the fact she says repeatedly that's NOT what she wants to do.

How does that make sense?

it doesn't, but, it doesn't have to for the right...anything that is left or liberal will soon be classified as untrue, or wrong.....they will go after the institutions (press, education, etc...) then, individuals that speak out will be next.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The wait and see excuse seems to only apply to Trump. Why won't we just allow Syrian refugees and wait and see if it becomes a problem rather than not giving them a chance?

Maybe because the Syrian refugees were not elected as POTUS?
The government can't vet them properly. Let's just give them a chance!
You actually think these people are laughable?

That it's fine to laugh at them?

JESUS H CHRIST YOU ARE SICK.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Generally you give a chance to something that's claiming to have a goal you support. For instance, if Hillary said "I will take away everyone's guns" then it would be ridiculous to give her a chance to do the thing she says she wants to do. However if she said, "I don't want to take away, guns, I agree with the 2nd Amendment... I just think there are some commo sense steps" -- well, that's something you can wait and see about.

When Trump says he wants to amp up surveillance, law and order, and give the police military gear-- and amp up torture, and supports killing the innocent families of terrorists, or banning Muslims--- you don't give that a "wait and see" chance.

People don't seem to understand when the "wait and see" rule applies.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

See, I don't care if you take my word for it or not. I have clearly stated that trump supporters are on Jim Jones level of cultism and I'm not wasting calories reasoning with them. My initial post was to the OP, admiring their patience in dealing with the trump supporters.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

No, but the left consistently lies so I have no tolerance at this point.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ah a poll. How trust worthy those have been huh . Just really good tools and skill set for understanding things Trump.

I said it before the election. This is going to happen whether anyone likes it or not.

Now I say, Many who stand opposed now will be the greatest advocates by his last term.

Actions speak as they do, so nothing more to say for now. Let him lead and do what good can be done.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Right now the President-elect is reliving his election victory with supporters in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

www.cbsnews.com...

This is getting old. It's really getting old. I haven't heard him complain about the number of candidates in the primaries yet, that kept him from winning a majority of primary votes, but he might get to it. Right now he's whipping up the crowd against the dishonest press and the clueless pundits.

Word for the Day: Ivanka, please lead your father to the word "magnanimous" in the dictionary, tell him what it means and tell him why people don't like people who "rub it in".

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit
He is still fighting for his job....how can he not still be running his campaign. Have you been watching the news lately? TPTB are still trying everything in their power to fight the America's choice for President. That scares me, that there are American's that are assisting them. I'm glad Trump is still fighting like hell...that's why I voted for him.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

How about the folks that are trying to overturn his election? Should they not move on as well?

I didn't even vote for the guy, and the constant refrain is getting just as old.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
He is still fighting for his job....how can he not still be running his campaign. Have you been watching the news lately? TPTB are still trying everything in their power to fight the America's choice for President. That scares me, that there are American's that are assisting them. I'm glad Trump is still fighting like hell...that's why I voted for him.

Well, maybe if he hadn't ran on an un-American campaign of anger, division, supporting issues like a Muslim Ban, or mass deportation, and torture and murder... maybe he wouldn't have lost the popular vote.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Rachel Maddow: Poll Reveals Trump Voters Are in Alternate State of Reality

So let me wrap my wee wittle brain around this.

A tv host.

A tv host that get's paid for her political opinions( definition of shill people)

Says Trump voters are in an alternate state of reality'.

A tv host.

A tv host from a 'news' station's motto that should be 'all the 'news' fit to print, or they'll just make snip up'.

I feel sorry for those that buy that crap.

or they could just change their name to 'FAKE NEWS'.

'Faux News' is already taken.

edit on 15-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
He ran a campaign against crazy...that's all it took to win.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

"Finally we will be united, all races" He always said Americans, not whites. Jesus you leftists didn't listen to him, but criticize his every word.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
He ran a campaign against crazy...that's all it took to win.

Against crazy, you say? Yep, that's the view from an alternate state of reality.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Bless your heart

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join