It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh the...Density !!! (Good Gawd!!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just to be clear, my husband and I are in agreement in that we always, always, no matter who is currently leading the country, wish them success. It is in everyone's best interest that the president be successful.

From what I've heard for the past 8 years, people were rather giddy when Obama didn't succeed but that's another story.

I hope Trump is our best president yet and that lives of Americans thrive in the next undetermined number of years. What I think may happen and what I hope for are at odds, but in this case I would be thrilled if I am wrong.
edit on 13-12-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
And, for what it's worth...I believe politicians in general should recognize very squarely they are "granted" their position by the people they represent; it is a privilege, NOT an "entitlement"!

Political office is not a day at the fun-house to do whatever you want...it's a job, dammit, and you better DO it, or else we'll pick someone who will!!

And frankly, I'm for term limits of some kind. Career politicians have proven over and over again they're not worthy (and they're corrupt). I'm not suggesting absolute boundaries, but rather a progressively stacked deck against remaining in office (say something along the lines of simple majority to get elected for term, then requirements for increasingly higher win margins like 60%, then 70%, then 80% to remain in office eligible past term). This would force career politicians to pay ever increasing attention to the people they represent. (Just one example).

Bottom line...ALL politicians, every last one of them, need to be held DIRECTLY accountable for their actions and votes.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The biggest change is gonna be in the overall attitude of the American populace....The attitude now is gonna lean right, for some it's about time. For others it's the damn end of the world.... I say give the damn man a chance. At least let him fail on his own accord. Yeah, if he does we all suffer. but then again it's the system we use. We can only blame ourselves regardless of who won or who succeeds or who fails.

My main point being......The left just needs to stop whining, complaining, pissing, & moaning...you lost, live with it just as the right has for the passed 8 years. It's America people, a" work in progress" always has been, always will be. A grand experiment in democracy. IMHO...there is no one ideal structure of society, all of them are needed for the others to be able to maintain their own ways. A one hand wash the other world.
edit on 13-12-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: network dude

My side sorry I don't have a side also a Brit also but what effects you guys will effect me also.
You hope for less wars? not going to happen, safe country? so will you throw away your freedoms for that safety? you can't see the wood through the trees.
Clinton or Trump it will stay the same rich people getting richer while the poor get poorer.
I hope you all wake up I really do but after reading ATS for the last month I think many are too far gone to be critical of their saviour Trump.

So exactly what should I have done? This is a question to you and DJW001 . My choices were, Trump, Clinton, or throw a vote away, and ultimately give the advantage to Clinton. Being a fan of less wars, less wounded warriors, and more peace, of the two options, Trump offered the chance (notice I didn't say guarantee), the chance of what I am hoping for.

So while you are entitled to your opinion, I am as well. And I for one, am praying for a strong country, a safe country, and a prosperous country. And I don't see any liberties that I must give up in order to have that. I just have to wait and see. Much like the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I found this to be pretty funny.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Regarding change; how can anyone honestly believe that if things were allowed to go the same direction they have for the past 8 errr..24 years that they would be better in another 4 to 8 years??? It's just incomprehensible to me.

Just the debt alone is enough to demand change! This is a DEATH SPIRAL, and more wars and more spending is NOT going to fix it!

edit on 12/13/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

He will have a war in the first year it makes people rich. My guess Iran.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Regarding change; how can anyone honestly believe that if things were allowed to go the same direction they have for the past 8 errr..24 years that they would be better in another 4 to 8 years??? It's just incomprehensible to me.

Just the debt alone is enough to demand change! This is a DEATH SPIRAL, and more wars and more spending is NOT going to fix it!

“It is actually not in the least surprising that nations are chronically in debt, governments have inadequate public resources, public services are underfunded and people are beset by mortgages and overdrafts. The reason for all this monetary scarcity and insolvency is that the financial system used by all national economies worldwide is actually founded on debt. To be direct and precise, modern money is created in parallel with debt.” Michael Rowbotham, The Grip of Death (1988)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

He's made no such overtures.

Do you have anything to substantiate this allegation?

Or is it just another 'flailing' from the left and sympathizers of the left?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The sentiment might parallel the fact that many Americans were convinced that Obama would take their guns away. History repeats itself, just different faces and names.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I get it from History the USA does very well (also the UK) by having a war.
Oh he and clinton have both said they would attack Iran.

www.activistpost.com...

europe.newsweek.com...

Saber rattling from all sides tbh Iran has said they will kick off If the nuclear deal is cancelled.
I honestly think an Iran war is on the cards no matter who got in.
edit on 13-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

This, from the guy who believes all worldwide debt should just be magically cancelled.

Ummmm...yeah...that'll work. LOL!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

This, from the guy who believes all worldwide debt should just be magically cancelled.

Ummmm...yeah...that'll work. LOL!

Um okay.. is there a source for that?

The fiat system is a debt based system. So no surprise when a debt is incurred.

Here's a nice visual showing how our debt has been steadily rising, year after year.

We can see that W doubled the debt of his forerunner, and Obama doubled Bush's debt.
edit on 13-12-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I dont get the hate on generals, proven leadership, know the cost of war firsthand, politicans who dont serve seem to like sending people to war.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

Amen to that brother. Never the politicians sons.

Should be mandatory the sons of the politicians should be in the first wave maybe we wouldn't have constant war then.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

A source for what? The source is Rowbotham himself. He advocates the elimination of all debt along with the fiat currency based system.

The problem is, you can't do that! If mankind was living in a 50,000 year old cave, eating sticks and bugs and trading pointy rocks for scraps of meat you might get away with it, but not now. When you cancel debt in developed society you create wealth where it didn't exist before, and you create poverty where it didn't exist before. Those who were heavily leveraged in debt become instantly rich, and those who worked all their lives to live debt free instantly become paupers. This makes for a whole bunch of unhappy peeps. It's a redistribution of wealth scheme that globalists just love!

Oh, and by the way, if you'll notice from my posts, Bush is not exempt from the stuff I'm talking about here either. He certainly wasn't part of the solution either, rather part of the problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I'll agree with that.

NO ONE should get a pass based on status, race, religion, beliefs or otherwise. What's good for the proverbial goose, is good for the gander as well.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Shame Trump has no respect for the people who have served and captured.
Did he dodge the draft also? he will have no qualms sending other peoples sons to war I think same as most of them.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Oops, lol, I thought you were referring to Obama.

I see your point.. but I disagree that the globalists would welcome this solution-- most of the globalists in top positions have amassed the majority of "wealth" at the expense of everyone else. Plus, I personally have worked every year since I was 16 years old. And still am at basically 0, which makes me hopeful for the day when fiat currency is eliminated. I know that one can start at 0 and still make it, basically.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

edit on 13-12-2016 by SlapMonkey because: I'm your density

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join