It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

top page adds are killing me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Seriously, very near death. NO hyperbole at all. These damn adds pop up, make noise, and take up the page. It's so bad, it make me really, really want to blacklist the site on my add blocker. Please management, have some sympathy.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Those aren't the kind of ads you are supposed to be seeing.

Take a screen shot if you can or notice what URL is at the bottom left of your page when the ad is running.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

will do.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I've been seeing it, too. Takes up the whole scram deen.....pushes the site page way below the fold. Obnoxious.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Yes, I got them all the time too. They hide the scroll down menu.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

that one is first, then the boliva add you see in the post above this, so you get hit twice and it's loud and annoying.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Jesus are you kidding me?

That's rough.

Alright, Lemme turn on the SO signal.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I get the same thing. I figured it's because I'm on my kindle. It sucks. It's almost impossible to scroll down or to the side due to its size. It's also the reason I have to keep my volume down. They are very loud.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yes-sir, it has bugged me too. I have tried to abide with the advertisement as it became a point of contention about a year ago.

I understand the need for outside advertisement, and have let it play out...... usually all in ten or fifteen seconds time, then traips off to my choice of OP. But getting blasted by volume and a balancing act just trying to hit the curser , it is far past annoying.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Yeah there are certain kinds of ads we really don't want on ATS, the very loud one, the huge screen capture ones, it's just not the kind of thing we want our members to be put through.

Unfortunately the CDN's we use ( content delivery Networks) sometimes can have some bad ads slip through.

I'm sure bill will resolve once he sees my message

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have it too (refreshing and quickly clicking myATS gets rid of them, but other than that, there's not always a way to minimize them.) But this has happened before and the ATS staff have always resolved it, so I'm sure I'll live until they do.

Reassuring to know I'm not the only one seeing them, though!

Peace.
edit on 12/13/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

So much for Masons running the site, eh?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Yes, I got them all the time too. They hide the scroll down menu.

Same here, consider this my screenshot also.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
same.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I only get ads for shoes. And that is funny because yesterday I went buying shoes. In that store that is being advertised and one of the pairs that is being advertised. Did not look for shoes online either but had my smartphone (android/google) with me, I had to pay with the electronic cash card because the money vendor machine was offline. Either it´s pure coincidence or the customer card of my power tools store has RFID so they could somehow pair those two and a cookie.. So the microwave it is...
edit on 13-12-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I don't get it.. .on my phone right now and no ads.. .laptop home today.. .only 1 on ...one on right side and small. ...no auto or page covers. ..ever ?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The Paco Rabanne and Bulova were a little tricky to get rid of. But they seem gone for me now and its been a long time since I've seen such large ads.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I also only get ads on the "root page" but very seldom. It depends how active you are on ATS somehow.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So much for Masons running the site, eh?

Actually, I'm blaming you for all this, so that aspect is still firmly intact.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join