It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will be left of the Constitution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Already done and over,I hope

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yep ,I stand very corrected. At least I am honorable enough to admit it .I had always taken the story at face value.
I stand corrected and humbly apologize

No worries, this is a highly popular misconception, especially on this site.

Although ,a question still remains. How do I have a one dollar bill printed in 1962 identified as a US Treasury Note that states this bill is backed up by one dollar's worth of silver .And I was around at that time.

They are not illegal to own, I have quite a few myself from when I had my businesses and people paid with them accidentally. They are no longer backed by silver and are equivalent in value to standard treasury notes.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gothmog
Yep ,I stand very corrected. At least I am honorable enough to admit it .I had always taken the story at face value.
I stand corrected and humbly apologize

No worries, this is a highly popular misconception, especially on this site.

Although ,a question still remains. How do I have a one dollar bill printed in 1962 identified as a US Treasury Note that states this bill is backed up by one dollar's worth of silver .And I was around at that time.

They are not illegal to own, I have quite a few myself from when I had my businesses and people paid with them accidentally. They are no longer backed by silver and are equivalent in value to standard treasury notes.

Too many anti-depressants awaiting news from the oncologist.
Lets blame it on that
And I know they are not illegal to own.But have been illegal to use since 1964.Checked with an expert for that.Locked away in a safe deposit box for my son .

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Oh nvm. I see what you meant.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Whomever you spoke to is incorrect. If you go the Bureau of Engraving and Printing website they indicate that you can still use them as legal tender.

Not that I would because they are worth more than their face value.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
2. Right to Vote (15, 19, 24 & 26 ammendments).

Read the Constitution and those amendments again. There is no right to vote in the document, there are only reasons why you can't be denied a vote. However, there is nothing that actually affirms a right to vote.

Pretty much every judge goes by the guideline that the right to vote is implicit so it's not really an issue, but if you go strictly by the letter of the law no where are you actually given the right to vote.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cosmania
I am greatly concerned about 2 "news" items I hear about today.

The Fake news mantra seems to be a clamp down on freedom of the press and we need to watch out for that. It seems to be inline with the university concept of safe spaces, which really is a means to indoctrinate the next generation into the idea that information and discourse needs to be repressed if it doesn't conform to your ideas.

The fake news issue has been building for a decade. Most weren't paying much attention to it until this election though, because the end user is the beneficiary of fake news. At it's core, fake news is all about building up information bubbles where people are informed of the world through the filter of whatever reality they choose to believe in. Social networks have really helped push this, because people tune in to the groups that they care about and agree with while retweets, blogs, link forwarding, etc... greatly increase distribution.

There's a few solutions here, some require more government involvement and some require less. It has definitely hit critical mass though and something is going to be done. More over, it can be done without affecting our constitutional right to free speech which is another point in favor of something being done.

Society only works when the information we rely on can be assumed to be truthful, that is no longer the case. You have to assume everything you're told from every media source is false until it can be proven true. When that's the baseline, the entire nation operates in ignorance, and can't make properly informed choices. It's actually a national security issue when you think about it, and in my opinion it's a national emergency.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join