It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Names Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
when he is president i think we can look forward to nightly "fireside tweets"

link   
This is excellent news. Russia holds the key to dealing with China. A very strong US/Russia relationship will outflank the Chinese.

Trump could even start opening up significant trade agreements with Russia that begins a process of reducing US market access to China and replacing it with Russia under more favourable US terms.

China will be very nervous right now. Perhaps they need to sort out North Korea to curry some favour...

Trumps picks so far are genius.
edit on 13/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
Corporate takeover of America, complete.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i mean, who better to negotiate on our behalf than a cruel bloodthirsty businessman?

but how are they going to avoid conflict of interest ?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Really? Giving the CEO of EXXON the job as SoS doesn't ring any bells or at least ignite any forms of critical thinking? Let's see, so far Trumps Dream Team consists of 2 Goldman Sachs bankers (1 who is the president), WWE CEO, and now an EXXON CEO. Way to drain the swamp!

Did you support Trump when he claimed to be the anti establishment candidate? Did you attack Clinton for being in bed with multi National Corporations/Banks & Wallstreet?

If you said yes to any of the above but still blindly support Trump you might be a sheep.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Corporate takeover of America, complete.

That was completed a long long time ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Arnie123

Really? Giving the CEO of EXXON the job as SoS doesn't ring any bells or at least ignite any forms of critical thinking? Let's see, so far Trumps Dream Team consists of 2 Goldman Sachs bankers (1 who is the president), WWE CEO, and now an EXXON CEO. Way to drain the swamp!

Did you support Trump when he claimed to be the anti establishment candidate? Did you attack Clinton for being in bed with multi National Corporations/Banks & Wallstreet?

If you said yes to any of the above but still blindly support Trump you might be a sheep.

Speaking of critical thinking, I'd like to advise you that 'drain the swamp' didn't mean appoint Joe the Plumber to the cabinet.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I think some people do want that. Somebody in another thread wanted Ron Paul to be Trump's treasury secretary. I was like, seriously? I agree with Ron Paul on a lot of things, but in what world is he qualified to lead the Treasury?

Some of his picks aren't the people I would want (like the fast food guy; I don't think he'll support a crackdown on illegal immigration) but none of them have been unqualified.
edit on 13-12-2016 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Make Perto Dollar Great again !!!

Complimentary Ron Paul quote here..

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This is excellent news. Russia holds the key to dealing with China. A very strong US/Russia relationship will outflank the Chinese.

What does Russia have that the United States needs? Natural gas? We have our own. Steel? Trump is going to make it here. Aircraft? Cars? Don't be ridiculous. I know: bear pelts.

link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this. Yes, he said "Drain the swamp". No he did not mean he was going to pick every Tom, Dick, and Mary standing on the corner. LOL He is a businessman, I like you don't like all his choices; but I can understand why he picked them. Each one has a record of succeeding in what they have done, and they aren't your typical politicians getting a job for falling in line.
The never Trump crowd will just never be happy. I just keep seeing my 401K growing bigger and bigger.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

its weird isnt it? there is a sizable contingent of people who appear to PREFER an adversarial relationship with Russia than a friendly one. So strange. I would rather everyone on earth get along and work together......what kind of people dont want that?

The kind of people who think that invading other countries is wrong. It was wrong when Bush did it, it is wrong when Putin does it. It's weird that some people support military conquest.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Makes a lot of sense. As head of a major oil company, Tillerson has been all over the world, and negotiated deals all over the world. He's probably better qualified than most people who have already been SoS.

Going around the world making oil deals is nothing like being a diplomat. It doesn't even have the same goals.

That and exon is a huge welfare baby. Despite their massive profits.

Also the ceo isn't exactly the guy making all the deals anyway. They have people who specifically do that in high level sales. He is a logistical person.
edit on 13-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I just keep seeing my 401K growing bigger and bigger.

Like it did before the Great Recession? Or are you too young to remember what happens when bidnesspeople run the country?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
i guess we can forget about renewable energy.
not that the US was getting anywhere in that field in the past 8 years

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth
Speaking of critical thinking, I'd like to advise you that 'drain the swamp' didn't mean appoint Joe the Plumber to the cabinet.

Moreover, Washington isn't so much a swamp because of business people, but because it's filled with the 'Depends on what your definition of is is', ‘Like with a cloth or something?’, 'You have to pass the bill to read what's in the bill' and 'ISIS is the JV team' crowd.

That's what people are sick of.

edit on 13-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Which is hilarious because that is the future and where all the new manufacturing jobs can come from.

It's going to be really sad in 50 years if we are still using steam turbine tech for energy.

Plastics and petrochemicals is what oil should be used for. Coal just needs to go all together.

Pretending to hold onto old jobs that have no future is counterproductive to human success.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

When people were saying he is "anti establishment" i think they meant "govt establishment"

Politicians are just puppets who take orders from rich businessmen.

Now we have taken out the middleman!

AND PASSED THE SAVINGS ON TO YOU

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Ok. Credit where credit is due. That's pretty funny.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
i guess we can forget about renewable energy.
not that the US was getting anywhere in that field in the past 8 years

Meanwhile, from last year:

ExxonMobil Isn't Going To "Fake It" - Rex Tillerson Takes On The 40-Year Smear Of The Oil Industry

ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson did not mince words at the company's annual general meeting on Wednesday in Dallas. He said ExxonMobil isn't going to "fake it" with regard to calls for renewable energy investment and symbolic climate change accords. With this CEO, there is no guile. This is refreshing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join