It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is ATS still mourning the passing of a member?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
the black strike has been up since mid summer, or is it just me?
did another member pass? (hope not)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
the black strike has been up since mid summer, or is it just me?
If you've been up since mid-summer you should probably get some rest!

But seriously I have no idea what "black strike" you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Black strike ?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It went up for the passing of Woodwardjnr in August and if it went down, I didn't notice.

EDIT:

The black strike goes through (it's a horizontal black line, like strike-through text) the lower half of the ATS logo in the nav bar (top left).
edit on 2016-12-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The black stripe on the top left of the banner, the ATS logo.

And as far as I know, no one else has passed. I'm not sure why it's still there, that member's been gone a while now. TBH, I think it's approaching (if not already in) member apathy mode, or visual white noise mode (where it ceases being noticed, period) Overdoing something in remembrance runs a high risk of leading to "meh" with remembering the next member who passes on. If something's always there, it becomes sort of visual white noise in the background.

There's got to be a better way to memorialize our late members...Not that I have any real suggestions that would work, but maybe a Memoriam forum would be a good idea. Can't blend that into the background as easily over time.
edit on 12/13/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
It went up for the passing of Woodwardjnr in August and if it went down, I didn't notice.

EDIT:

The black strike goes through (it's a horizontal black line, like strike-through text) the lower half of the ATS logo in the nav bar (top left).
Oh yes, that looks right.

I normally use dark mode and it's not that noticeable since the background is black but in the light mode you can see it's a black stripe and it stands out a lot more. It just looks like a modified logo in dark mode.

edit on 20161213 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Another member had passed since him, yes. Also, a prominent member has a severe health condition and is in recovery. That may be the reason for as to why the strike through logo image is still up. Assuming they will keep it till the end of the year for the losses throughout it.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

BlupBlup was the other member who left the building. Here's the remembrance thread: ROCK in Gentle Peace BlupBlup

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Still there 4 months later

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Elostone

ATS has thousands of members. Someone returns home to Heaven every week.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
we lost Kali too not too many months ago......

My nemesis, my headahe, and off ats on skype.....a really really good friend......miss that lil #.....

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

She was something else. Pain in the butt, she changed my mind a few times which is no easy feat.

I always figured she was lovely.

It's ATS, it's been abandoned. It will be there until the site gets shut down in a year or two.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

My nemesis, my headahe, and off ats on skype.....a really really good friend......miss that lil #.....

This was beautiful, your nemesis and at the same time good friend, i don't have words to explain. So beautiful feeling, i'm sorry for your lose
edit on 25-5-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

This was beautiful, your nemesis and at the same time good friend, i don't have words to explain. So beautiful feeling, i'm sorry for your lose

ahh yeah loss for all of us......I hazard to guess not many got to know her well, we went head to head like crazy on the forums but we would talk on skype quite regularly up until about 8 months ago when i kind of took my sabatacle ....

We hardly ever agreed on anything.....but there was a lot of love and jokes , jabs there.......I knew she was going through some health issues, but was completely taken back when i found out she left us for somewhere better....

I do miss our conversations when we didnt have other things going on.......get her away from politics, and she was completely hilarious and an ass....a better friend you could never find

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Through the ATS logo above top left.
It's not a strike though, it's a black band placed there in memorium for a member who passed away.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH

ahh yeah loss for all of us......I hazard to guess not many got to know her well, we went head to head like crazy on the forums but we would talk on skype quite regularly up until about 8 months ago when i kind of took my sabatacle ....

We hardly ever agreed on anything.....but there was a lot of love and jokes , jabs there.......I knew she was going through some health issues, but was completely taken back when i found out she left us for somewhere better....

I do miss our conversations when we didnt have other things going on.......get her away from politics, and she was completely hilarious and an ass....a better friend you could never find

Yes i know what you mean, i had my friend just like that, growing up together then hating each other then still around until she passed away some years ago. Life gives you all those things and even though it feels sad and hurts at the same time so happy to have been there and have known and be close. Mixed feelings

new topics

top topics

join