It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Fetal Burial’ Rules--Abortion Providers Sues Texas Over New Rules On Dead Fetus/Tissue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

) they just use the abortion issue to vilify women. They never look at the bigger picture

Oh they're well aware of the bigger picture. You need a lot of ignorant people to willingly turn a democracy into feudalism, and making young or poor women have babies they can't afford almost guarantees that both the mother and the child will never be able to afford an education.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I cant stand Huffington Post, but this is some absolutely ridiculous legislation in Texas. Its the opposite of helpful or pragmatic. Its downright ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Sorry, but I have a terrible feeling that behind the curtain there are some horrible things going on.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Obvious isn't it? without past practitioners of medicine using bodies we wouldn't know how we work, Doctors and surgeons practice on bodies helping us live longer with the operations they do.
Of course using bodies have helped us live longer If you can not see that....

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: reldra

Should it be sold by the pound or piece?

there should be no funeral ritual imposed after an abortion, that is just wrong. Further, that tissue could be used for research when possible.

Your family if you die right now could donate your unneeded parts.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
here's an interesting little story...

Repairs on Franklin's old London house turned up 1200 pieces of bone from at least 15 people

www.smithsonianmag.com...

used to be that the people who died in the poor houses of england were donated to science if their body wasn't claimed.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I ran a pub in the east end it was next to the royal London hospital this one.
www.yelp.co.uk...

It was a Doctors/nurses trainees pub and I was invited once to have a look at the medical students cadavers plus the medical museum, very very macabre tbh I saw in a jar a head from the 1890's which had the skin taken off just on one side it haunts me to this day tbh the normal side of his face still had ginger stubble.
Plus the Elephant mans bones were there also.

www.guidedwalksinlondon.co.uk...

I saw the original ones. In the medical school.
Freaky but you can understand why they did all these things to expand our knowledge about anatomy.

edit on 12-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

If I am dead all parts are not needed.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
For what it's worth, this is from the actual documents, not the fake news (huffpo). My opinion 20 weeks is a fair amount of time to make a decision to avoid a death certificate..

Oh yeah saw a comment about an ectopic pregnancy.. Luls... My first wife had 3, in Texas. We knew well before 20 weeks.

Many health care-related facilities are already in compliance with the rules as adopted. Facilities will be responsible for disposition of cremated remains in a manner not otherwise prohibited by law. Regarding the comment pertaining to a burial transit permit, the rules do not invoke any new requirements that require a burial transit permit be issued. A fetal death certificate is only required for a fetus that weighs 350 grams or is 20 weeks or more. If fetal death meets this threshold age or weight requiring a death certificate, the fetal death is exempt from the rule pursuant to §1.133(a)(2)(F). If no fetal death certificate is required, due to age or weight, there is no requirement for a funeral director, who assumes custody of a fetus, to file a report; or to provide such documentation in order to cremate fetal tissue, as defined in this subchapter.

Link to the facts.. texreg.sos.state.tx.us...$ext.RegPage? sl=T&app=2&p_dir=F&p_rloc=331644&p_tloc=38820&p_ploc=19462&pg=3&p_reg=201606073&ti=&pt=&ch=&rl=&z_chk=47903

Ats hates my link apparently.. link

edit on 12-12-2016 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2016 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

the way I am reading it, it does require burial or cremation of fetal remains, even for ectopic pregnancy..

and, ATS might not like your link because it is too long, if you hit the little box with the arrow pointing out of it, it will place a hyperlink into you post for you. I've found that they usually works for me when it doesn't want to post my links.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

This is what huffpo is reporting on

(i)fetal tissue, regardless of the period of gestation, except as provided by §1.133 of this title (relating to Scope, Covering Exemptions and Minimum Parametric Standards for Waste Treatment Technologies Previously Approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services):

(I)incineration followed by interment;

(II)steam disinfection followed by interment; or

(III)interment;

source

What huffpo is failing to cite or acknowledge is §1.133(my previous post) .. Which states that if the fetus is younger than 20 weeks you don't have to worry about a death certificate or funeral. Abortions fall under that category.

Ectopic pregnancies or tubal pregnancies are detected well before the 20 week (roughly 5 months) or 350g mark. I am very familiar with the ectopic pregnancy topic. My ex wife had 3 total and ended up losing both tubes.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

the whole idea of this law is to treat fetal remains with dignity.. regardless of the gestation period.
regardless of weather a death certificate is needed or not...
even those tiny little one unfortunate enough to be ectopic pregnancies..
even if they are so tiny, you can't tell them from the other tissue that often accompanies them in an abortion or miscarriage. which is addressed in that long article that you linked to.
in the case of an ectopic pregnancy, there's a good chance that you will be in a hospital or healthcare clinic when the fetus?? is removed... so although that might be the end of it for you, that healthcare provider now has to dispose of the tissue in an appropriate way which also gives dignity to the human that was lost..
they can incinerate it/cremate it or bury it, in a respectful, sanitized way.... regardless of weather it is cremated or what, something has to be done with what is remaining- internment.
in the case of cremation, I am not sure if they could cremate multiple remains at one time, I am pretty sure that they can't do that with other human remains... it would be akin to a mass burial which as you know isn't that dignified. then there's the problem of what to do with the ashes.... which when my mom passes, she wanted her ashes to be scattered in our aunt's garden (which was originally her mother's garden) but we found out that would be rather unlawful. you would still need a resting place for the ashes.
although they kept saying throughout the article that this wouldn't increase the cost that the healthcare providers are paying not for the disposal (which, to be honest, many providers are already having problems finding ways to properly dispose of the remians) and that these regulations would pose no problems for them. I have my doubts on both issues. I am seeing it as kind of the same kind of claim as arkansas and florida saying that they have thousands of places the clients of planned parenthood can go to obtain the same services and then finding out that they included nursing homes, dental clinics, and schools nurses in their lists.
and let's be honest here.... they are claiming that this is for health safety reasons while the only real change that is being made is more for giving dignity to the fetus.. and only is relevant to the fetal tissue. which would pose the most danger in reality, the tiny, smaller than a peach fetus from an ectopic pregnancy or the much larger cancerous lung taken from a smokers lung?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Ectopic pregnancies are never big enough under the change for the Healthcare provider to have to do the incineration internment and all that. Definitely not peach sized. You'd have heavy bleeding and pain like no other. You'd blow out the tube and die long before it got that size. Ectopics are detected really early and are removed laproscopically. Literally too small for a grieving mother to do anything with. I went through 3 with the ex wife.

Something that size the hospital usually slurries it, sanitize steam and dump at a water treatment facility for processing or landfill. Grotesque but that's the way they do it. I'd rather them use the dead egg, zygote, fetus (with parents consent) for medical research. Stim cell and such.

The way the law is currently, if the baby is roughly 5mths and something happens. You have to do a funeral. Which most would, because by that time you've already named the baby or have some sort of of connection to the beast growing in you.

As far as cremation goes. They do it individually. Even for babies. I had have my dad cremated a couple years ago. He acquired a ceramic hip and his spine wired together over the years(old school NFL football, Greenbay). When we got him back, I was scooping my share of the old man and found the wire that held his back together and the screw that held his hip in.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I got the "peach size" from an article online that stated that as the largest size... who knows maybe those peach sized fetuses are from catholic hospitals who will refuse to do anything till the women is in that condition that you are describing.
if the ectopic pregnancies weren't to be included in this law, why is it specifically mentioned?
and if you read through all of this:

Link

you will find quite a few statements that seem to indicate that yes, they do indeed mean all fetal tissue, unless it is above that size that they give, which if it is, it would be passed to the other law, which does require a death certificate. at least that's my take on it.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

AUSTIN -- U.S. District Court Judge Sam Sparks on Thursday suspended the state's controversial fetal remains rules until Jan. 6.

The rules, which were scheduled to take effect Monday, require health care facilities to bury or cremate fetal remains, regardless of the period of gestation. The court will hold hearings Jan. 3 and 4.

www.dallasnews.com...

it's probably a good thing considering that it seems to have left alot of healthcare providers, funeral homes, and medical waste disposal sites unsure of alot of things....

abcnews.go.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join