It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Fetal Burial’ Rules--Abortion Providers Sues Texas Over New Rules On Dead Fetus/Tissue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ahh another abortion story to warm our hearts. There are new regulations and all sorts of fun in this story from Texas.

Abortion providers in Texas files a law suit to challenge new state regs on disposal of "fetal" and embryonic tissue. New regs require burial or cremate the left overs. The rules also require a certificate of death if the "fetus" meets weight requirements.

group of abortion providers in Texas filed a lawsuit Monday challenging new state regulations on how health care facilities should dispose of fetal and embryonic tissue.

Under the new regulations, which go into effect Sunday, clinics would be required to bury or cremate the tissue resulting from miscarriages, abortions and related procedures. The rules would also require the issuance of a “certificate of fetal death” if the fetus meets certain weight and age criteria.

So the providers filed a complaint in court, that this burdens women seeking preggy med care and the burial or cremation is also a imposition. The abortion provider is seeking it to be declared unconstitutional.

According to the complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Austin, the regulation “burdens women seeking pregnancy-related medical care” and “imposes a funeral ritual on women who have a miscarriage management procedure, ectopic pregnancy surgery, or an abortion.”

Led by the clinic that prevailed earlier this year when the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a different set of abortion-related regulations in Texas, this case seeks a declaration that the new rules are unconstitutional and thus can’t be enforced. Similar restrictions have popped up in other parts of the country.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 12-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

there should be no funeral ritual imposed after an abortion, that is just wrong. Further, that tissue could be used for research when possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Land of the free? Pfft not If you are a lady.
I wish people would just let women make their own choice at the end of the day it is up to them and they have to live with it.
Put more money in educating men and women and attempt to combat the reasons why women need to have abortions (poverty education etc) and you will see them decrease all this is going to do is make women go and have dangerous backdoor abortions.
You can not force anyone to carry a fetus If they don't want one.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If they buried or cremated the foetus what would they eat?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Should it be sold by the pound or piece?

there should be no funeral ritual imposed after an abortion, that is just wrong. Further, that tissue could be used for research when possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

it also might cause women, at least those who know that they are high risk for miscarriage to avoid prenatal care as long as they possibly can, since at least in the first few months, you could possibly miscarry and still pretend you didn't know you were pregnant. so, it might be advantageous for your pregnancy to not become official till later..

although, I think I might have read somewhere that this is only if the miscarriage was to occur in a medical facility.

either way, it's pretty danged sick to think that women should be paying out to bury or cremate their....not even sure if it would be considered an embryo???... after going through surgery for a tubal pregnancy.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

You don't think this is going to be a coffin and minister do you?

There will be a charge to burn the unwanted by product that can't be sold. Capitalism will solve this so for $50 the mother can never be bothered with the extra step.

Easy peazy.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

How many kids are waiting to be adopted in Texas btw? Imagine If they somehow forced women to carry out each pregnancy an extra 600k kids to find a home each year.
Good to see the amount of abortions have been decreasing in the USA though at least from 2010 maybe FP are doing a good job on educating.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
maybe I just feel that the women is probably paying way too much for the surgery to end her misplaced pregnancy and shouldn't have to be penalized more just because her egg decided to nest in the wrong spot!!! especially considering what the result could be if she doesn't have the problem taken care of.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

So how much $ is too much?

And I would imagine if this was a wanted preggy, there may very well be a ceremony for closure. Should the state mandate this?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Right they should have been killed (aborted)? Is that the point?

How many kids are waiting to be adopted in Texas btw? Imagine If they somehow forced women to carry out each pregnancy an extra 600k kids to find a home each year.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

not to mention that no child will ever be adopted from an ectopic pregnancy...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

are you aware of what an ectopic pregnancy is???

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

My point is anti choice people never come up with solutions on how to reduce abortions (we are all in agreement we should be striving for this) they just use the abortion issue to vilify women.
They never look at the bigger picture, for example who is going to pay for all the unwanted kids If it was made illegal, how they plan to force women to carry a child etc.
Instead they attempt to make it harder and harder for women to carry out their constitutionally given choice by bringing in stupid unworkable bills.
No one likes abortions no one says "yeah I'm going to have an abortion today" with a big smile on their faces, I as a bloke have had an ex wife who had an abortion behind my back it hurt me but after talking to her I understood why she did it and why she didn't tell me, It sucked but it was at the end of the day her choice.
Like I said before educate and give support for all women.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

yes

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

If you have seen the under cover planned parent hood videos, there are people who say yea abortion. Not only do they say yea, they can give you a price sheet for liver, eyes, and all other parts for sale, with a smile.

And your right, the only thing that anti abortion people give is abstinence. Good to talk about, terrible in practice.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It is macabre to us sure it is but the facts are medical science is pretty macabre but If doctors throughout the ages did not use and test body parts we would not have a life expectancy as we have today.
Oh and I have already sorted out for my body to be used for medical science because I know i may help in a very small way or a big way If they give my organs to someone.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

and... I am assuming that you know what a miscarriage is...
I fail to see the reasoning for adding more pain onto an experience that in and of itself can be quite painful, not only emotional, but physical.... all just so some more roadblocks can be thrown in front of women and their right to govern their own reproduction.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Do you have a source for your statements that we live longer because of human body parts being used to solve health problems? I would love to read it.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

"...by the pound or piece?"

*throws up*

edit on 12-12-2016 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join