It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump postpones decision on business dealings

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: Byrd

Seriously? He is postponing a news conference...not the decision....even stated in your quote...

And this is the actual question: what is/has he actually done to solve these important ethical issues regarding the operations of the Trump Organization, his real estate and branding business? If he has a plan, why not announce it (as he apparently intended) and then give a huge news conference?

The branding issue is particularly important since he gets a percentage of product placement on Apprentice. He's lent his official brand to a whole lot of stuff (including an overpriced Christmas ornament.)

So if it's not finished, why announce in the first place?

If it's a done deal, why not hype it?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Truths hurts hey

Not the swamp dwelling whores that Trump has hired that’s for sure.

But of course Trump is nothing but a whore himself what could we expect

It takes a whore to do a whore's job. You want your country to be profitable don't you? Sending in an activist will just get the door slammed in your face when you show up at the bank. They don't need to hear that she!t. Send in a guy with more than a few numbers in his rolidex and suddenly they HAVE to let you in.

If who ever Trump's whore wants to talk to, doesn't want to talk to him, then Trump's whore will find another whore who will, and every whore knows that.

Seriously though. I'm not going to say that Trump is going to do any great. Even if he tried he has a great deal standing against him. All I know is, something that was not supposed to happen, happened and for the first time in my life I have NO IDEA what is going to happen. THAT is exciting.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Make America even greater, by making the populace more prosperous, and Trump can financially benefit all he wants. This "conflict of interest" between being President and continuing to own Trump Enterprises is more sore-loser whining from Democrats, just like their whining about hypothetical Russian hackers.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

While that's all well and good in the private sector (or so you think), in the public sector, running a department or government and personally profiting from it is called corruption.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

But hasn't Texas had Republican leaders for the last 20 or so years? If your state is so unsafe in your eyes, why don't Republican leaders have to take responsibility for that? It just seems odd to me that people would keep electing Republicans to solve the issue of illegal immigrants even though the number of illegal immigrants exploded under Bush and Perry. Dems get hammered for their leadership in high crime areas, but Repubs get a pass on it.

To each their own, I guess.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I don't know man... I think it would be better if he gave that up.

He had to know he would have to deal with this eventually but that was a pretty intense campaign. There was no money to be lost by deferring interest to what mattered more at the moment. If he stalled the publics mad but they will get over it, he hasn't made his first speach as POTUS yet.

An enterprise as big as his has to take some time to shore up. Especially when you know full well people are going criticize any move you make.

Oh! I just realized that if I were a super villian and I just had my master plan foiled by some realtor, I would use his victory against him, and get him where it hurts the most.

*While the Trump children desperately try to save what is left of the Trump enterprise, the President remains helpless and distracted in the White house*

Wwhaahahaa. Lol. You heard it here first folks

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Yeah I know. The issue of "illegal immigrants" should really be about "undocumented workers" and "people who enter legally but violate the terms of their visas".

As for the OP, I'm having to look into what a President is actually required to do and how many of these things are unwritten rules. Trump has so many potential conflicts of interest that anything can happen. As in, I'm starting to wonder if his tough talk on China is just a way for him to renege on his nearly $1 billion worth of debt negotiated between the Bank of China and Goldman Sachs. And he's got something like $300+ million worth of debt to the German bank Deutsche Bank. Maybe his threats to pull out of NATO will play a part in him getting to renege from that debt?

I'm even starting to think that he can't sell off some of his assets because it would put him underwater. This is all so surreal that all of the normal ways of doing things must be discarded.

ETA: In fact, he may not even have to renege on his businesses' debt. Just talking tough or "recklessly" may be enough to force those countries to the negotiating table with his companies. Just imagine the windfall if he agrees to accept that Taiwan is a part of China in exchange for his companies' debts to China coincidentally being reduced by 30-50%. Something similar already happened when Ivanka sat in on his meeting with Japanese officials while she was actually in town on a business deal for one of their companies.
edit on 12-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
These approval ratings, were they compiled by the same people who said he had no chance of winning based on their polls?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

a reply to: Byrd

Seriously? He is postponing a news conference...not the decision....even stated in your quote...

And this is the actual question: what is/has he actually done to solve these important ethical issues regarding the operations of the Trump Organization, his real estate and branding business? If he has a plan, why not announce it (as he apparently intended) and then give a huge news conference?

The branding issue is particularly important since he gets a percentage of product placement on Apprentice. He's lent his official brand to a whole lot of stuff (including an overpriced Christmas ornament.)

Apparently he did announced email it. Business is going to eldest sons.

As far as making endorsement money....just follow the trail to how much Obama made and still makes from his books he wrote....with his name on them. Who cares if Trump makes money.....the fact people are upset that he is making money is odd to me....

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Yeah I know. The issue of "illegal immigrants" should really be about "undocumented workers" and "people who enter legally but violate the terms of their visas".

As for the OP, I'm having to look into what a President is actually required to do and how many of these things are unwritten rules. Trump has so many potential conflicts of interest that anything can happen. As in, I'm starting to wonder if his tough talk on China is just a way for him to renege on his nearly $1 billion worth of debt negotiated between the Bank of China and Goldman Sachs. And he's got something like $300+ million worth of debt to the German bank Deutsche Bank. Maybe his threats to pull out of NATO will play a part in him getting to renege from that debt?

I'm even starting to think that he can't sell off some of his assets because it would put him underwater. This is all so surreal that all of the normal ways of doing things must be discarded.

ETA: In fact, he may not even have to renege on his businesses' debt. Just talking tough or "recklessly" may be enough to force those countries to the negotiating table with his companies. Just imagine the windfall if he agrees to accept that Taiwan is a part of China in exchange for his companies' debts to China coincidentally being reduced by 30-50%. Something similar already happened when Ivanka sat in on his meeting with Japanese officials while she was actually in town on a business deal for one of their companies.

With the total US debt to China being $1.2Trillion I don't see them caring much about his measley businesses. I'd worry more about how he handles it when China and Japan decide to cash in at the same time. $1.2 Trillion to China and $1.15 Trillion to Japan....

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The question how is he going to handle his business dealings with Saudi/UAE. Will he send US soldiers to protect his private investment in UAE and other countries? I am sure his supporters will chant 'USA, USA, USA' and die to protect his golf courses.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

With the total US debt to China being $1.2Trillion I don't see them caring much about his measley businesses. I'd worry more about how he handles it when China and Japan decide to cash in at the same time. $1.2 Trillion to China and $1.15 Trillion to Japan....

I think we're having a misunderstanding. I think he'll be the one stirring up problems that can affect his creditors, then smoothing things out when he coincidentally gets a better deal on his businesses' debt. So you're right, $20-50 million would be a cheap price for the Bank of China or Deutsche Bank to pay in order to avoid problems with the "Leader of the Free World".

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
These approval ratings, were they compiled by the same people who said he had no chance of winning based on their polls?

Nope. From Pew Research.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Apparently he did announced email it. Business is going to eldest sons.

This is about more than business... for instance, that hotel down the street from the White House. And Trump Towers that he's charging the people of the US to rent. The Republicans, as you remember, made Carter give up the peanut farm that he owned in order to avoid conflict of interest.

This is about buying the ear of the President.

Someone on my Facebook feed snapped a photo of the label of one of Ivanka Trump brand sweaters being sold just this week - it says "Made in China." What happens to our policy if China says "play nice and approve this or we shut down all your family's factories and call in your debt?"

As far as making endorsement money....just follow the trail to how much Obama made and still makes from his books he wrote....with his name on them.

That's not a parallel situation (and if you think someone makes money as an author, it's very rare. He's getting an excellent rate - but it' s still only around $1.00 per book. The folks writing the paperbacks you buy make between 30 cents to 70 cents on every book that's sold unless they self-publish on Amazon.)

The Publisher can't come to Obama on behalf of Russia and say "now we would really like to have you...." and have his ear. The president of General Motors can't go to Obama and say "let us brand a car with your name and we'll give you $20 million as a licensing fee plus 5%... and by the way, we're interested in this bill being passed..."

Trump sees no problem with these scenarios (and if you remember, he's already licensing his name.) If his licensees get disgusted with him and drop their business, he stands to lose millions.

So it's a handle to wag this dog with.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

a reply to: LifeMode

But hasn't Texas had Republican leaders for the last 20 or so years?

And they've been a disaster on the environment, in human rights (our jails are a nightmare... but you've lived in Texas, so you know this.)

If your state is so unsafe in your eyes, why don't Republican leaders have to take responsibility for that?

(sarcasm on) Oh, they fixed that by making open carry legal and allowing guns on college campuses. (sarcasm off.)

... but, as you know, the state really isn't an unsafe place to live.

It just seems odd to me that people would keep electing Republicans to solve the issue of illegal immigrants even though the number of illegal immigrants exploded under Bush and Perry. Dems get hammered for their leadership in high crime areas, but Repubs get a pass on it.

I don't see them training their own children to take the jobs held by the undocumented workers... janitors, hotel maids, field hands, construction temps, lawn mowers, etc.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

While that's all well and good in the private sector (or so you think), in the public sector, running a department or government and personally profiting from it is called corruption.

c'mon.....after jan. 20th, you know that doesn't matter anymore, only when democrats are in power.....the wealthy NEED more money, the poor should just plan to move to another country, unless you need cheap labor to work in hazardous or menial jobs.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join