It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump postpones decision on business dealings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
After widely announcing that he would give a speech outlining his plans on how he would settle the conflict of interest issue and divest himself of certain holdings, Trump has reneiged on his promise.

Trump postpones decision on business dealings
David Jackson and Fredreka Schouten , USA TODAY 7:32 p.m. EST December 12, 2016

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump is postponing a news conference designed to announce plans on how to handle his business interests amid concerns that they pose conflict of interest problems for his presidency, Trump transition officials said Monday.

While Trump had said he would speak to the matter on Thursday, aides said he will now wait until January to outline how he would pass control of his company to others.

"The announcement has been rescheduled for next month," transition spokesman Hope Hicks said.
source

This is beginning to look like his dance with his tax returns.

It may be a strategic move because of the Electoral College -- though it doesn't make much sense, frankly. While it could be read as a "just in case he is not confirmed by the Electoral College, it may also be seen as his typical stalling technique (famously shown in the many court cases.)

CBS news video if you prefer videos.

This issue has been hanging fire since the end of the election (well over a month.) His approval ratings are actually lower than any of his predecessors (in their pre-nomination stage)
edit on 12-12-2016 by Byrd because: (fixing the formatting tags)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I dont like the man nor did I vote for him.... but.... if we put 2 and 2 together....

The media, including a lot of the alt media, continually and obsessively bash Trump all over the place. They make wild predictions as though they are factual and pretend they can see into the future.
No wonder his approval ratings are down. This is just like Brexit. The PTB just will NOT let it go.

This world scares me now. This is precisely what happens when the world is convinced there are no 'losers'.... Madness.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Playing everyone like a fiddle and most it appears don't give a toss.
You guys are screwed the question is how long before his supporters wake up?.
This type of thread should be top by tonight but I think Trump supporters will just ignore it. If you check any thread which is calling out Trump they appear very quiet.
LOCK HER UP a lie.
THE WALL may be a fence.
DRAIN THE SWAMP a lie.
But his support still will not dare even question him.
Lemmings the lot of them.
edit on 12-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
They need time to outline and solidify important details.

Good time consuming topic for the press to ponder.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

His supporters are awake, their alternative was Hilary Clinton for petes sake.

This is all backward. There was no winning this election, it's a show election and we'll have to wait and see why it's been allowed to go so far. Something big is coming.....

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

So don't question him eh? don't point out his lies? just follow him without any criticism?.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You've just made me curious to see what he'll actually do with the "Trump Wall". Some places on the US-Mexico border already have walls (like Juarez). So I won't be surprised if he just passes off the existing walls/fences as part of his own wall.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Even if he does build it it will be the biggest waste of money ever Seeing most illegals enter the states legally and 40% by plane.
edit on 12-12-2016 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Postponing?! Darn-it. I had my entire schedule cleared, so as to not miss Trump's announcement. His ultimate decision will affect all of us! (NOT)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Even if he does build it it will be the biggest waste of money ever Seeing most illegals enter the states legally and 40% by plane.

It's already built, a lot of it anyway. Like ES said, plenty of wall already built around towns like Juarez which is a complete #hole, over run with murder, drugs, prostitution.

I have seen it and it does in fact work. That portion is tall. Slows down the foot traffic big time. Upgrade it with drones and cameras and nobody is getting over it.

Now, what is the biggest waste of money:

1. People collecting welfare doing nothing or,
2. People building a wall, earning income and slowing down illegal aliens like in Juarez that are a bunch of criminals for the most part.

Let me guess though. You live NOWHERE near the border!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Just like with his taxes. Dude's a straight up con man on the same level as Clinton.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He should have thought of that before setting a date for this news conference. Must be a pretty convoluted outline if he had to postpone it.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

He should have thought of that before setting a date for this news conference. Must be a pretty convoluted outline if he had to postpone it.

He did think of it.

Now the press can waste another month shouting and squirming !!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

What are you on about.

I didnt say to trust him. I said peope should stop GUESSING. It is infuriating.

Sick of people adding their own context that isn't there into things I type....

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Trump’s has to attend to his cabinet: The Goldman Sacks, Gas & Oil Military Junta

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So he set up the news conference knowing all along that he was going to postpone it? Seems like a real genuine guy. Not.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Looks like divesting is going to be a bigger job than Trump had expected!

OOPS! Someone wasn't ready for so much winning!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

It's already built, a lot of it anyway. Like ES said, plenty of wall already built around towns like Juarez which is a complete #hole, over run with murder, drugs, prostitution.

I dunno, man. When I was there, it was in the worst part of the Drug War but we were perfectly safe. Don't get me wrong, there were occasional "WTF!" moments, but I can find those anywhere. The locals gave me a very simple set of rules which kept me out of trouble: 1. Don't look the military patrols in the eye and 2. Don't get involved in drugs in any way at all ever. Stick to those 2 rules and Juarez is a blast (no pun intended, lol). So I guess I'd say the murders are horrible, nearly all of the drugs end up in the US, and the prostitution may have actually been less than we have in big US cities.

Now, what is the biggest waste of money:

1. People collecting welfare doing nothing or,
2. People building a wall, earning income and slowing down illegal aliens like in Juarez that are a bunch of criminals for the most part.

I'll go with:
3. Corporate welfare, like the billions of $ in subsidies we give to already-profitable corporations.
and
4. Wasted money spent on the MIC. We've spent something like $15-20 trillion on the Defense Dept alone since 9/11, yet we still howl about terrorism & not being safe. When are we going to see a tangible return on that investment?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Wait a second, now. This is a website that guessed and fearmongered about Ebola, the 2012 Mayan Apocalypse, and Obama being the Anti-Christ. You can't seriously expect people to stop now. Especially since people seem to have forgotten about Zika, the NWO, and alien gateways.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

So he set up the news conference knowing all along that he was going to postpone it? Seems like a real genuine guy. Not.

He has fooled the press before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join