It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters/ Alt Right Turning To Occultism - ""Meme Magic"" and Pepe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ventian

Hey thanks dude!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

a reply to: EvillerBob

Ah, but you see... to me, it is precisely this schadenfreude driven spirit of "misanthropy as entertainment" that comprises the dark side of all this. The intent is just [can't say] & giggles, just like Bannon et al aren't really evil incarnate necessarily despite his recent comments about "darkness" being "power," etc. Just like most of the so-called alt-right aren't actually white nationalists or white supremacists.

But nevertheless, it is still fueled by a spirit of, "Lol, we're going to entertain ourselves with your confusion and discomfort (or even outright real suffering) because that's top kek to us." "Normies are always top kek in their confusion!" It's this exclusionary, borderline bullying mentality that I talked about in my "top lel" rant topic. (See previous post.) It's a newly ascendant attitude of everything all being just a game, no matter how real the effects may be. It's the upending of the table in the name of being rebellious and then laughing maniacally at the mess made, ignoring the damage possibly done. It's doxxing people and then saying "top kek they deserve it." (Not referencing anyone here or anyone specifically... but I've seen it happen.)

It started in gaming communities. (It started in WoW, yes I too was around for it, I've been gaming for 30 years.) It later got picked up by GamerGate (which was already disturbing in its willingness to engage in witch hunts and doxxing.) But it's been coopted by something a tad darker in certain corners of the web now. Nothing mystical about it at all. Just human nature, sadly. But the same dismissal of it because "it's just a word for lol," bellies the spirit behind it, in the same way people said Trump could never win because he was just a rallying cry for this same spirit. Both Trump and Kek are just symbols of something much deeper and more real going on in our society, and possibly in our collective unconscious, in my opinion.

And the unconscious mind always hides shadows and darkness, if we aren't fully aware of and engaged with it. If we do not own the shadow, the shadow owns us. Alas, most of us are still looking the other way and in denial that anything has changed. While the specter of our collective unconscious shadow rises and looms, leering hungrily at us all.

The effect of the memetic emergent behavior, once applied, intended or otherwise, is very different than the "all in good fun" spirit it was conceived in IMHO. I say this not to argue with anyone. It's just my honest feeling about something I've been observing for a decade or so now, with increasing concern. And it has nothing to do with the symbols, but merely with the underlying dynamics the symbols belie.

Peace.

edit on 12/13/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

edit on 12/13/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lorge

So you suspect that users of a board dedicated to political incorrectness hold suspect views...?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Praise be to Kek!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Idk, Jesus supposedly hand chose Trump to run, and God even voted this year. It was record breaking turnout tbh.

Right.....I'm sure that's what happened. I think fairies and unicorns also voted for him too. As did Santa Clause.

It wasn't record breaking turnout actually. Only around 50% of people voted. That's hardly the highest percentage in voter turnout.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

leolady

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is the best thread ever. Thanks for this Kek video.

meme magic(k) is definitely real. It became so powerful the dark lord spez has put restrictions on r/donald post preventing them from reaching r/all

Praise Kek

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
StyxHexenHammer666, is a pretty smart cookie,I have watched his videos before, when I was watching his video on the subject a a while back it drained my lap top battery

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So many damn Alt Righters on here..... Of course' you're going to say it's all for laffs and fun. I've shown that there are thsoe who take this stuff seriously, it's not just jokes,... at least for Some people. And besides , Supposedly from what I've read on the subject is that "Chaos magic" thrives on irony and irreverence so how can you really say that comedy is the purpose in of itself? If you're not one of the ones who does it, then can you really know?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

For them I'm sure it is funny. Which makes what they're doing all the less funny for everyone else.

But from their perspective they have been the victims and how is their time to enact their form of judgement against the world for their "perceived victimization" and unfair treatment of the past. So they won't see it from your perspective. They first would have to stop thinking of themselves as victims or at least special among all the rest of the victims maybe.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Stupid people are stupid. That's about it as far as this thread goes.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Supposedly from what I've read on the subject is that "Chaos magic" thrives on irony and irreverence so how can you really say that comedy is the purpose in of itself?

From the posts by participants, it reminds me of Discordianism. Whether to call it neo-Discordianism or simply Discordianism on steroids ala internet may not matter really.

Discordianism Operation Mind# or OM is an important practice in the Discordian religion. The concept was developed by Kerry Thornley and Robert Anton Wilson in 1968 and given its name by Wilson and Robert Shea in The Illuminatus! Trilogy. It is most often manifested as a decentralized campaign of civil disobedience, activism, art movements, especially performance art and guerrilla art, culture jamming, graffiti and other vandalism, practical jokes, hoaxes, reality hacking, chaos magic, words of power, and anything else that is believed to bring about social change through disrupting paradigms and thus forcing the victim to question the parameters of his or her reality tunnel. There is a disagreement among Discordians as to whether or not, through OM, they should seek to improve society, topple it or claim that the practice is in fact only for entertainment. Because much of Operation Mind# itself involves hyperbole and exaggeration in regard to discussing the Discordian Society, it is difficult to determine the actual scale of the campaign, be it large or practically non-existent.

edit on 13-12-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

edit on 14-12-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
i pity the fools who believe crap the read on the " chan " boards

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I am seriously surprised that it has no been mentionend yet:

Pepe loves Pizza, and we all know what that means.
Some even say Pepe is a symbol for Pee pee, and we all know what that means.

And all of this would not have happenend if Harambe would still be alive.

Anyways, i am really looking forward for 2017. Maybe the year sanity and facts are back on the menu? Maybe? Hopefully discussions come back to real issues and real problems.
Might be less entertaining but more solution orientated.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Pepe is just for lulz, didn't you know?

Except for the Nazis who have adopted Pepe as their mascot.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
/pol/ is a board of peace.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's a form of chaos magick. Techno magic/reality hacking conceptually has been.around in occult circles since the 80's and started coming into fruition in the 90s in forums. It started to really take shape in the early 2000s and now it's wide spread.

If your actually interested in the real deal concepts I highly recommend the book

Memetic Magic: Manipulation of the Root Social Matrix and the Fabric of Reality

www.amazon.com...

There's also a pdf pirated copy floating around the web. The occult aspects run deep and even though many deny it or think it's a joke there is no denying its roots and there are some who believe and are practitioners.

Artistic Endeavors as Representations of Complex Memetic Structures: Spirit = Symbol = Complex Memetic Structure

Symbols embedded within works of art are re-presentations of complex memetic structures which in many cases can be correctly labeled thought viruses. Since all human beings who have had any prolonged contact with society are programmed to some degree, large portions of the human mind (especially the thinking portion of the psyche which utilizes language) are constructed almost entirely of complex memetic structures. The complex memetic structures which form the cognitive linguistic (language using) portions of the human mind possess strong defenses, both passive and active, against contamination by invading thought viruses and memetic structures. A human mind will resist any ideas which do not bind correctly within the existing memetic structures which form the framework of its linguistic consciousness. Programmed minds will only listen to what they want to hear. Therefore, it is seldom possible for an idea to be taught to another person directly. Ideas which do not fit into the binding points within a mind will be resisted and rejected. In many cases an individual will desire to convey a specific idea to other human beings, but finds, when offered in their most diluted form, his ideas will be rejected. Oftentimes the solution to this problem is to create a work of art in which the artist’s message, or root meaning, is embedded. By work of art is meant any artistic endeavor which is traditionally considered to reside within the artistic sphere; be it literature, painting, music, movies, sculpture, etc. The artwork serves to focus the attention of the programmed conscious mind, while the root meaning (thought virus or memetic structure) embedded within slips unnoticed into the subconscious.

There is no inherent goodness in art. The idea to be conveyed in a work of art can have any quality from a startling revelation intended to better the human condition to a blatant deception designed to conceal truth and take power. On many occasions an artist will embed a root meaning into his art which he believes will serve the greater good, but in reality the artist’s concept of the greater good may be nothing more than an unusually complex example of the replication phase of a thought virus of which the artist has been infected without his knowledge. Most artists, like most people, are programmed by the dominant memetic structures, or cultural ideal types. Dominant memetic structures are only concerned with maintaining their dominance by replicating to as many minds as possible, not with the greater good of humanity, except in how the greater good of humanity serves to benefit the replication possibilities of the dominant memetic structure.

All artwork, even the most rudimentary, contains complex memetic structures residing at many different levels within the work of art. An intelligent mind can dilute a work of art much as a chemist can dilute a uniform mixture of diverse chemicals. Recognition of the root meanings inherent in artistic endeavors can lead an individual to a source of great understanding and power.

Artistic Symbolism

Every artistic endeavor contains numerous symbols embedded at many different levels within the work of art. Some of these symbols are imbedded into the art with willed conscious intent while others are the result of subconscious communication. Of the two types of symbols inherent in artwork the subconscious symbols are the most interesting. The consciously created symbols within artwork are complex memetic structures which can be correctly labeled thought viruses or thought contagions, depending on whether the memetic structure attempts to use the mind it has infected for the purpose of further replication.

A Memetic Magician wishing to spread fashioned thought viruses would do well to consider imbedding his creations into a work of art and releasing that work of art to a target population. The artwork serves as an outer guise concealing the true form of the thought viruses contained within. The entertainment or aesthetic value of a work of art engages the attention of the conscious mind of the individual partaking of the work of art, allowing the thought viruses embedded within to penetrate the defenses of the unaware target’s complex mental memetic structure. Once the thought viruses have penetrated, instructions can be disseminated and replication can commence.

The symbols contained within a work of art can assume a variety of different forms depending on the type of art being examined. For the sake of brevity, this chapter will focus primarily on literature and paintings. But the principals contained herein are equally valid in regards to any variety of artistic endeavor.

It gets deep

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join