It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters/ Alt Right Turning To Occultism - ""Meme Magic"" and Pepe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: lorge

May I ask, what are you insinuating by the phrase, "in on it"?

Transhumanism is a movement that seeks to improve and transcend human limitations by the use of advanced technology. I still don't see how this relates to "Meme Magic".

But on its own, please don't let me take away from the discussion of "Meme Magic".

edit on 12/12/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

Ah figured it was something in that direction of meaning. I know what top means

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yes I believe this type of meme magic works. I found some information while reading up on KEK / Chaos Magic since I had not heard of it before and i think this sums it up well:

The idea behind it all is that nothing is true and everything is possible. There are many interesting implications to this.

The first is that everything is interrelated, i.e. that everything is connected with everything else. So any which way you take, you’ll get where you want to get if you will it hard enough. The second is that there’s no hierarchy of higher and lower – there’s only an infinite surface dissolving into ever more complex elements, dissolving in turn into nothingness, if concentrated upon. As there’s nothing higher, there’s nothing to be revered and everything can – and indeed: should – be an object of ironical laughter. And, most importantly, this is the world of dreams, ruled by what is usually called “dream logic” but in actual fact: chaos logic or un-logic.

Some examples I can think of off that creates meme magic or a type of chaos magic are:
Elf on the Shelf
Planking
The Mannequin Challenge

Each of these worked because most everyone got on-board with the craze of posting the meme pics online, using that technological medium of the internet. It created a wave like effect (magical effect) because everyone laughed (lol) about it and wanted to get in on the fun. Everyone wanted to become a creator of the magical effect if they did it too.

Therefore “meme magick” works only insofar it relies upon artificial, preferably technological medium for sustenance and on assumption that its recipients identify themselves with their artificial, preferably online identities that can indeed be imbibed with “memes” as they are in themselves artificial and arbitrary constructs.

Hell Comes to Frogtown: Alt Right and Triumph of Transhumanism

leolady

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

despite pepes 4chan origin, the use of kek is actually from World of Warcraft, where people then would say it on 4chan.

In WoW, there was a roleplay language fitler between the species to prevent negative pvp comments.

"Lol" = "Kek"
"Lolololol=Kekekekek"

etc.
edit on 12-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I WAS THERE ON 11/8, I SAW THE MASSIVE GETS IN EVERY THREAD.

I WAS THERE FOR THE HABBO RAIDS OF LEGEND, I WATCHED THE RISE OF ORDER FROM THE CHAOS, THE ORGANIC HUMAN SYSTEM CODES FROM THE WHITE NOISE ANARCHY.

I SAW MOOT MEMED INTO TIME MAGAZINE

I SAW DRY RUNS IN AUSTRALIA

I SAW A MAN # POSTED TO OFFICE

MEME MAGIC IS REAL

also, propaganda works.

Also, pie.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What the puckey....

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Headshot

>this guy gets it

Btw, Astro Cannibalism kicks a**.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Honestly though, as interesting as the whole kek mythology might be, if you are going to be concerned about anything dealing with the Alt-Right you should focus more one what they can effect in real world terms. Like politics or influence over others and even actual physical ways like interacting with them.

Because expressing an opposing opinion to theirs or being an activist against their ideology isn't going to result in spooky kek using magick evil forces to make your life suck. It will be some real person who decides to f*ck with you to retaliate.

I'm not saying that will happen of course. What I'm saying is that focusing on practical more plausible events should take priority over concerns about some supernatural BS dealing with Dark Gods and Meme Magic.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Pepe is Time Magazines Most Influential Fictional Character of 2016.

edit on 12-12-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Well, I have to say I think that is probably the correct choice actually.

In real world terms definitely.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Konduit

Well, I have to say I think that is probably the correct choice actually.

In real world terms definitely.

Psh, minus Jesus.

Edit: Crap I was wrong, can't forget God.
edit on 13-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This is exactly what 4chan wants.
It's all a meme and a joke. It's not serious.

The way that it can influence the world is also part of the joke/meme. It's dark humor.

There is no white supremacy at play. Kek is just the new way of saying lol/lel (originates from lel but typo'd with a k).

A lot of the way (for lack of a better word) memers speak is with the combination of memes.
Top kek may refer to classic memes where you have a Top Text and a Bottom Text. Ultimately meaning best laugh as someone already mentioned.

This is all literally a meme, or memers memeing. It just so happens to be that baiting (also a word used. Meaning trick, decieve, prank, etc) gullible people is also a meme/joke. What better joke is there than baiting the masses and the media?

This is exactly what is happening here. You are all getting baited.

Edit:
The whole meme magic thing is because of how much 4chan & reddit were able to influence the elections and actually make Trump more popular.
This will now be a thing to further influence future events. There is no agenda other than just doing it for #s & giggles. For the meme.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I don't participate but I've researched. What did I find? The start of huge Internet manipulation by paid staff which is currently massive.

You need to go back to the beginning to see how harmless this is. A bunch of geeks and 'bronies' stumble upon the very real power of.......

You know what? Bugger it. Most of you have your mind made up. The truth is far fetched and unless it involves racism or some other way to split us up into arguing parties nobody cares.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

Psh, minus Jesus.

Maybe. But hasn't his influence dropped significantly as of late??

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Some of what you said is correct, but some of it isn't. Saying there isn't any racism involved is not correct. Saying it's just sh*ts and giggles is also only somewhat true. It's not a joke when the fact is that it is in fact influencing the world stage and politics.

Forget about kek and meme magic for now. Also don't think of the Alt-Right as actually an organized team of people leading a giant movement. It's not leading but it's become a label and badge of honor which other groups can adopt to some degree. But technically the Alt-Right doesn't have a leader per se. There are certainly spokes people for them or different sects of them. But they are almost like Anon in that there non centralized in their cooperation.

But it's become a call sign for other groups, some of them racist, to gather toward in ideology. But since they aren't exactly leading this movement it also acts as an insulator. It's quite impressive in the way it's been adopted actually.

But overall it's not just a joke anymore. It's part of effecting real significant change, even if just in name alone. That isn't a joke.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
LOL!

Hillarious!

You got keked!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot

Also, pie.

x 87! Shadilay, brother.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
From my lurking on pol and The Donald for a few months, I agree with what others here are saying, its all like an inside joke. Creating a sort of a mythology to boost moral. Its all in fun.

I do find it interesting. Read somewhere on reddit that Trump supporters (also known as centipedes) were invoking Kek the god of chaos by use of meme magic to fight against Hillary's establishment owl Moloch voodoo. Leaving no stone unturned in the race for the white house.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: imjack

Psh, minus Jesus.

Maybe. But hasn't his influence dropped significantly as of late??

Idk, Jesus supposedly hand chose Trump to run, and God even voted this year. It was record breaking turnout tbh.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

They have one thing going for them, and that's the fact that drawing a picture of their deity isn't punishable by death.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join