It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone buy scripts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Hello, all. Is there anyone here that buys scripts (screenplays) or know anyone who does? I wrote a short that is 25 pages. It would be good for a TV episode or something. Maybe you could include it in an anthology of shorts.
edit on 12-12-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

you need to buy the writers and Artists handbook ,,

www.writersandartists.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: northwestuk
Thanks. I bookmarked it for when I have money.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
hey
the best way to do it, shoot the film yourself, and then shoot another, and another after that.

if you are chosen, its a lot easier to get into film competitions.

if you are one of the 98 percenters, then the best path is to just create. post your work online, and then build an audience.

screenwriters, even for commercials and tvs are ethnocentrically 'chosen.' you get to the front of the line based on those concepts.

i went to art school, and i know people who got films into sundance and tv. the ones who got to sundance were all chosen.

just create, do not worry about making money from it. the money will come later.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna
I don't have money or equipment for that. It would be interesting to try though.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

fadeinonline.com...

My small production co. just sold a 3 pg. treatment at this event; to a game developer.

scriptfest.com...

There are markets for good stories. We prefer to shoot a short trailer to market our products. Like this one.....

As always.....Good Luck!!!@

edit on 12-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Thanks. If I could travel I'd go to it. I think I'd enjoy it. The trailer was cool, too.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Not really. We've/I've had a management contract with Sony and Universal with all their other businesses...and produced a requested screenplay for another division.

Even though we have the industry credit to get it read, have a few things published and making $$ both musically, commercially and with a long track record...its wasnt enough.

If you copyright it protecting your original work....you could put it into another form ie: like a short story, put it out yourself...and send it to everybody in the movies, music, literary and theatrical fields you can find....but here's the rub.

It will still be one among thousands considered "unsolicited". In other words...not asked for, and most likely will never be read or even opened. There are just too many of those....

You can still hope. The only ones Im aware that may "purchase your script"...are unscrupulous and ones to stay away from.

Good luck though...More info sometime? Hit me up U2U

MS

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Thank you. I figured you'd need an agent or something to sell it, like with novels or whatever. I read on one site that the market is flooded with scripts.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

And agents cost $$$$. And many either dont have the connections they say they do, nor are interested enough...or experienced enough to really try and push scripts and screenplays.

Everyone has a great idea or cool screenplay....and many end up in the wastebasket unopened. THAT I have personal experience with...

Ever notice some tv-video shows say at the beginning "Please do not send and videos or scripts.The producers will not look at or open them".

Thats true

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
What about Amazon Studios? They any good?

new topics

top topics

join