It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone's leaving weird messages around the neighbourhood

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

SA is fairly advanced! You've got the meerkat radio telescope and there is a huge solar farm installation going in (right? I think that is what I read). I guess when you are inside looking out you never get a good overall view.

Sorry for flopping on my attempt at humor! And taking so many posts to get it right! Thanks for translating the source document too.

S+F

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

"People should not be distracted by trivial things.
Think and concentrate. "

Hm, perhaps a moment of clarity? This is the only part that wasn't trivial, ironically.
How often are these strange letters left?
Can you stake out a window or hook up a camera so that you can watch to see who it is?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

my advice escalate

respond my posting printouts of the most batcrap crazy OPs you can dredge from the ATS trash bin on top of this persons rants - that will show him who is crazy

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky bravo!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think we need Crunky to come in and translate the translation. If he can't do it no one can.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hey Gwolf! I can only think in the same abstract. Maybe its not what they are SAYING...but as to whom they are DELIVERING it to. And why.

Sure is a large puzzle with missing pieces. I'd go for the who and why...and not necessarily "what" as I see it rambles seemingly unconnected. The answer then may become obvious....how are these recipients connected?

Let us know....Best, MS

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well, its either a message in a bottle situation, or someone trying, badly, to lever his or her countrymen out of the Matrix.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I'm guessing the hawks and the other two are a sports team...scratch. intel agency follows by way of telephone pings/ does the hit/ but get labeled gangsters?
first query to bing.com

driveby in s. africa
I've got to go to bed soon, but just looking at keywords and phrases may help us decipher it together...

The planes were all boeing?

I'll look some more before my sleep takes me away.
edit on (12/12/1616 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

edit on (12/12/1616 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Obama can't pardon Snowden- intel/gangsters still aiming to get him?

Boeing is compromised b/c remote pilot can crash it/ like in 911?

Well. I'll have to try to push the pegs in their holes tomorrow.

Alot of guessing so don't invest too much in me.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

At first glance,
I would say your neighborhood
has a nut job on the loose.

Might be a good idea to corral
that wild horse just to be sure
you don't.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
BETTER YET: have you notified the police? I would. Even though I like my tin foil hatted brethren, one cannot be too safe and the handwriting looks threatening and unhinged imo.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Gem, it's time to move - the internet is coming to life. First here in the U.S. with the election, now S.A. Doom on! Where can we move to?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

SA is fairly advanced in some aspects, but stone-age in others. Specifically when it comes to the government. Interestingly enough the writer of the letter didn't mention anything about the South African government - which is riddled with conspiracies (obvious state capture) and corruption.

(No need to apologize. We got there in the end.
)

a reply to: rukia
I don't know how many or to what degree the letters are distributed. As I mentioned, this wasn't left in my own mailbox. It was posted on a local community Facebook page. If it was my own mailbox he/she would have been caught on camera.

a reply to: ignorant_ape
No doubt they'll fit right in here. Perhaps they were a member here and found they prefer it to share "the message" without getting some intelligent feedback - old school style? Or maybe their Internet is 'bugged'...

a reply to: mysterioustranger
As far as I can tell, the letters are distributed in a local neighborhood - from house to house. It would be difficult to find out exactly where the letters were distributed as everyone that may have received one, is necessarily on the FB group. Interesting angle though!

a reply to: loveguy

The Hawks are a special investigation unit similar to the American FBI. There were indeed an accident on the N2 (highway) on the specific date - details - but it's unclear whether the Hawks were involved at all.

a reply to: rukia

It seems harmless enough - but I did advise the lady to at least notify her private security company or local neighborhood watch. The SA Police is a bit - uhm - useless and have a hard time catching real criminals as it is.

a reply to: kosmicjack

Canadialand is too cold, Australia is a feeding ground for some of nature's most dangerous creatures, New Zealand is too boring... I don't know what's left... I hear Panama is quite nice?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I am quite good at making sense of gibberish and scribbles - I have worked on some ancient documents and badly damaged items. If you have a higher resolution image I could at least try.

This individual clearly is trying to get information out, and is having trouble connecting it all.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Thanks for the offer. I don't have a higher resolution image. I'm not sure what a higher resolution image would achieve though as all the words are clear and comprehensible as was translated in the opening post?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Very peculiar. I am a South African so you have sparked my interest.

First part of the illegible bit looks like "02 Van". The only street in Meyterspark with a Van is Van Niekerk. So I make that number 2 Van Niekerk Street. A quick look on Google maps just shows normal residential area.

Second part scratched out looks like a cellphone number. I think i can make out "+264" there. I can make out a few more numbers but honestly I do not want to start something I can't finish.

Will be keeping an eye out here.

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong section of the street on Google Maps. It appears to be the meyerspark Bowls club. Who have the worst web page I have ever seen... ANyway. The street address doesn't actually belong to the club but is the street adjacent to the entrance I believe.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Saibotkram1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

This morning I was able to to get the address and telephone number from someone else that received the same letter, without the details being censored. I was able to follow to address and phone number to a name/owner of the property.
The T&Cs however, prohibit me from posting the details.

I couldn't get any useful information on the name - not that we know whether the details are even those of the person that wrote the letter...

I will keep the details should they be necessary in the future...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The part which you marked

[illegible] str Meyerspark [illegible] (4)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I'd say that the only difference between the letter writer and yer average ATS member is that he is calling that 'the sky is falling' to the community at large, rather than in a closed system like us. Said with love, of course.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

a reply to: loveguy

The Hawks are a special investigation unit similar to the American FBI. There were indeed an accident on the N2 (highway) on the specific date - details - but it's unclear whether the Hawks were involved at all.

Sorry about not coming back yesterday like I said I would...life happened and I just didn't get home in time.

Do we recall the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber? It was alleged then that the two fellers had 'handlers', one was a diplomat type feller- the other was an fbi feller...so in both cases it's my opinion that things to be produced by the news outlets seem like intel agencies have our back? We are supposed to believe they have our backs...while providing security services?
It just resonates when I'm being lied to, that's all.

So we lend our trusting hearts to those most capable of deceiving us, news outlets that report news, and intel agencies funded by the public trust in both finances, and public trust. So by claiming to have averted certain disaster; neither bombing was lethal...we dance when they play their happy savior music?

So it ain't a secret that I fail to trust certain types of 'security' entities? Would the news outlets report that the hawks took aim at the 5 dead people? Would they report it if a driver had been snuffed prior to the collision? Would the coroner come forward- and report a fatal gunshot wound?
There's alot missing we aren't being privileged to discover, so a guy makes notes that 'appear to be the ravings of a lunatic'.
Maybe the lunatic is helping us discover things we're not privy to just yet, and so he is a lunatic for trying?

It wasn't until we learned Mr. Assange's security became compromised that we learned of such a thing as fake news?
Timing is impeccable, isn't it?

So I said my peace and will see if I can push any pegs in any holes...when the spirit moves me to dig further.
Thanks for the thread, I'll be bouncing around here and again.

Take care.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join