It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

milky way in all its glory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
stumbled across these pictures on bbc website and have to say WOW just beautiful.

www.bbc.co.uk...

The last one especially is just awe inspiring,i,m lucky if i see a few stars at night where i stay.

hope you enjoy

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

The last one especially is just awe inspiring,i,m lucky if i see a few stars at night where i stay.

Same here. Used to climb the Sierras as a kid in the boycotts, laying out in sleeping bags under the stars , the heavens were a marvel.

Not as good as these time lapsed versions, they are only possible with photographic effects.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So nice. O to be talented enough to do something like that with a camera.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Same here. Used to climb the Sierras as a kid in the boycotts, laying out in sleeping bags under the stars , the heavens were a marvel.

Not as good as these time lapsed versions, they are only possible with photographic effects.

That sounds so wonderful. The only thing I got to do like that was sleep out in a tent at a girl scout camp in a forest of pine trees. The Sierras. Stars. Sounds so beautiful.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Oh, how much I wish I was living at the "edge of the world" sometime to see these shows from the universe in first person. Breathtaking stuff, thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
wow. remarkable.

how can people in this day in age, still think a magical man created this in 6 days...
if you showed those pics to ancient civilization i wonder their thoughts/

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The only thing I got to do like that was sleep out in a tent at a girl scout camp in a forest of pine trees.

Wind in the pines is a beautiful serenade. I can almost hear it whispering...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
So nice. O to be talented enough to do something like that with a camera.

With the right equipment at the right place and with a quick introduction into photography you could achieve the same.

I don't know where you are from but if you have the possibility (geographically) to take pictures like this you're already half way done

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Those are fantastic pictures in the link (thanks OP)...I need to upgrade my telescope etc.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Or you can say Milky Way is the most boring static ugly image ever. It depends on your current situation and mood if you enjoy the circle of life, suffering and death.
Unreachable, dusty, cloudy, dirty, possibly full of life from bacteria to mold, alien ticks, alien lyme disease and to countless stupid soap opera civilizations. It was pretty much the same sky when a World War 1 soldier during a cold night looked at it with a hope of better worlds ruled by someone else than people.

There sure is a bright side but I'll leave it here to balance a periodic thread which is btw lacking HD images.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29 your welcome,i need to get mine out and get to a dark sky area where i can take full advantage of it,since my fiancee bought me it i,ve had it out less than half a dozen times,no private garden and too much light pollution

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I've been lucky enough to see the Milky Way when I used to live in an Estonian village. It looked like a dim hazy band of light spanning the whole sky.

Now living in a light-polluted town, I can still make out Milky Way's rich star fields using binoculars.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Thanks for waking us up from our daydream and smacking us back to earth, we really needed that, party pooper..

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Dang, some of those shots are breathtaking. I'm having a difficult day between recovering from physical illness and emotional upset, and looking at these artfully taken pictures helps to lift my spirits.

They are inspiring art! I particularly like the shots where the magnificence of the milky way is juxtaposed against dilapidated man-made structures. I look at them and am reminded of how tiny and feeble we are compared to the vastness of cosmic splendour.

Thanks, cheers.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You've just reminded me of the Bill Monroe classic "In the Pines".

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial yeah been there myself my friend,physical illness only beats you if you let it. Think the pale blue dot picture shows it even more how tiny and feeble we are in the vastness of the universe.

uk.businessinsider.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

All one needs is time and trial and error.
edit on 12-12-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The incredible thing to remind oneself when looking at these photos, is that we are _inside_ this thing. Although the vast majority of Milky Way photos focus on the galactic centre, this starry band of light encircles the whole earth.

Here's the "other" side of Milky Way, visible in winter: www.universetoday.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The big glow (I think) is actually the glow from the center of our galaxy.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: snchrnct

Lol, I've checked my older HD thread to see that I busted dreams before. It has to be the Zen training.

From the thread:
You can make these

with this:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join