It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: theantediluvian

"This coming on the heels of a US presidential election where there is credible evidence that Russia intervened."

Credible evidence? What credible evidence? I watched an entire, miserable, hour of CNN this a.m. waiting for them to produce one iota of credible evidence..............they can't, because........there isn't any. All they can say is that there's a consensus among 17 US intelligence agencies that they believe the Russians may have hacked the DNC; that isn't credible evidence! Thats unfounded "opinion" of the same group of agencies that told us Sadaam Hussein had stockpiles of WMD!

The CIA has at least verbally confirmed that the IP address of the hackers was from Russia. What they need to ascertain is "was it the government"? I mean, it could have been some teenagers, or just some thugs. That's what we need to know.
That's why we need a thorough investigation.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

It's why I think we should be thanking the Russians (if they did hack the dems) for exposing the corruption and lies.

Hell, I'd chip in for a fruit basket.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well....aside from my hatred, that my stars disappear, upon re-entering a conversation...i suspect, as a fellow cold-war boy...we are just being managed.

And actually.....I'm ok with that....assuming there is a higher level algorithm, coordinating it.

Pretty sure, that this is a nexus/node/sampling place, that is used to determine what our free will desires are. But, we are evolving. And that makes all the difference.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Don't worry, Comrade. We will find out soon enough.

Do you really think you could be friends with the KGB? with Putin? Slept all the way through school, did you?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Thank you so much for saying this. The whole "Red Scare" attitude should be long gone by now. All we're doing is isolating ourselves on the world stage. Russia and China both have had about enough of our #, and it's about time for karma to catch up.

Love the avatar, by the way.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Our government has been brain washing us for decades, perhaps at one time it was justified. Now I kind of enjoy our Russian brothers and sisters...and that Putin guy is a-ok with me...even with all the b.s. the media TRIES to fill our heads with. I'd visit there in a heartbeat.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The real question is why do so many conservatives in the US now like Russians more the 50% of Americans who don't vote the same as them??? Especially after spending decades decrying communist countries as evil?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The real question is why do so many conservatives in the US now like Russians more the 50% of Americans who don't vote the same as them??? Especially after spending decades decrying communist countries as evil?

Maybe because it was the hackers who showed us how corrupt our own government is.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I would never advocate hate for anyone, or any nation.

That said, this is my outlook: we should be at least as suspicious, skeptical, and cynical toward Russia as we are toward our own government.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I can only speak for myself, but American is an ideal not a citizenship. To me, being American means being hard tough superior personally responsible all that good stuff. I despise the left because they are weak soft weird dependent loser misfits. In Russia they literally go around whipping left wing types. I get mother Russia and despise left wing culture, and they feel the same. It's a culture thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I grew up at the tail end of the Cold War and it wasn't exactly fashionable to share my heritage unless knowing it was in the company of of others with a similar heritage(So. Fl, many Russian-Cubans and Jewish Russians/Ukrainians).

Growing up a neighbor who was a teacher(well regarded in the neighborhood), treated my sibling and I with some very kind(/sarc) words -ie "slavic/polak(Ukraine wasn't a country yet) subhumans"- when she had found out about our heritage. Word was she was from a German Nazi family, and of course, that didn't make an excuse for that behavior in the 1980s whether she was raised to be that way or not.

Due to my heritage, being part Ukrainian/Ruthenian(little Russian), I don't hate Russia. For a while our immediate family though it may have been Russian instead. Of course, I dislike the ones responsible for the tragedy of Holodomor which was by Stalin and Bolshevik's WWII Russia. I believe Putin is questionable with his KGB following for one, other reasons as well.

I' m saddened that Ukraine is being torn apart by both sides in which Putin is not innocent to the fact. Putin doesn't see Ukraine as a country nor want it as one. It's a country just as much when my family helped it through Diaspora-who never returned after WWII for obvious reasons.

I don't believe that Russia hacked or that the said evidence is holding true as of yet but one thing is for sure people needed to be awoken to the corruption of the DNC/HRC.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hate is too strong a word. Russia could be a great ally, but they are very isolationist and nationalist. We have no real reason to hate them atm, but I certainly do not trust its' motives. The KGB took direct control of that country and has provided a lasting impact on its' political culture. I believe this is also the reason the Russians have no real reason to trust us. Our CIA has proven itself time and time again to be just as conniving as any other intelligence agency.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: StudColt

I can only speak for myself, but American is an ideal not a citizenship. To me, being American means being hard tough superior personally responsible all that good stuff. I despise the left because they are weak soft weird dependent loser misfits. In Russia they literally go around whipping left wing types. I get mother Russia and despise left wing culture, and they feel the same. It's a culture thing.

I'm very happy then, that I don't live in Russia because I sure has hell don't want a country where citizens can go around "whipping left-wing types" with impunity. Why don't you move to Russia where you can 'whip' people because if you do it here you will go to jail. I would hope.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Pablito

Well said and I completely agree with your post.

The irony here is the MSM mouthpieces are trying to push a narrative for us to hate Russia when in reality, we all truly hate the chinese.

Hate is such a strong word, so I'll rephrase it, I truly dislike china.

Russia, I believe the future holds great cooperation with them.

Hopefully, the ring of fire goes off in a tantrum and washes the filth in mainland china away

Your post reminded me of this old video. Unfortunately, it still holds a ring of truth.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
It just seems to me that a country as large and powerful as Russia is, would make a much better friend than an enemy.

If power is measured in GDP, Russia's the runt of the litter.

wolframalpha.com...

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

Obviously

More seriously, hate is a strong word. Maybe distrust would be a better one? Or how about be a little skeptical about why Russia would want to cajole US voters into a general level of discontent towards one and only one political candidate?

Any country that attempts to interfere with our voting apparatus isn't a friend.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Dude....don't take it out on the functionaries. Everybody has a job. Antidiluvian is smarter and nicer than most.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I'm very happy then, that I don't live in Russia because I sure has hell don't want a country where citizens can go around "whipping left-wing types" with impunity. Why don't you move to Russia where you can 'whip' people because if you do it here you will go to jail. I would hope.

I'd rather only whip people metaphorically but even then you liberals steal half my stuff to pay for your abortions and healthcare. But should the liberals steal the election from Trump this will all become very real. And it is the whipper not the whippee who decides who does what and it's much too cold in Russia.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I'd rather only whip people metaphorically but even then you liberals steal half my stuff to pay for your abortions and healthcare. But should the liberals steal the election from Trump this will all become very real. And it is the whipper not the whippee who decides who does what and it's much too cold in Russia.

Half your income are you in some magic tax bracket that none else is in?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Maybe because it was the hackers who showed us how corrupt our own government is.

OH, OH, can you point to where that was? Can you show where the corruption was exposed? Because all these wonderful emails showed nothing of the sort.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

And basically, it amounts to sixteen agencies saying...not enough evidence to judge, but, it's possible....and CIA, or some faction thereof, saying anonomously....if that part is even true...that they think so.

I was a firefighter for 25 years. There were always guys who would take an opportunity to say they didn't think things were being done right....as long as they didn't have to identify themselves....

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join