It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"This coming on the heels of a US presidential election where there is credible evidence that Russia intervened."

Credible evidence? What credible evidence? I watched an entire, miserable, hour of CNN this a.m. waiting for them to produce one iota of credible evidence..............they can't, because........there isn't any. All they can say is that there's a consensus among 17 US intelligence agencies that they believe the Russians may have hacked the DNC; that isn't credible evidence! Thats unfounded "opinion" of the same group of agencies that told us Sadaam Hussein had stockpiles of WMD!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd
Yes: The "Red Scare" was a false narrative full of deceit and paranoia. It was the, ahem, red herring that allowed the shift towards the imperialistic. JFK saw through it, fired the traitor Dulles, and vowed to dismantle the dastardly lying CIA. Good try, ended badly.

The cognitive dissonance is strong amongst the apologists and Whineistas. Truth becomes second to shallow political ideology.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
Add to your list that Americans have made it clear that they despise what our government has become, and that we no longer wish to support them.

The easiest way for them to combat us is to throw us a decoy. Here! This is something you have already been programmed to hate, so rip at this, why we flee and build our defenses against you deplorable, unsophisticated, uneducated, xenophobic, racist, Rednecks.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is there a reason why you keep calling the neolibtards 'lefties'? Also, the only 'Russians' invading Ukraine are the usual dickheads and oiligarchs waging war on the people. Look at some polls on how much they hate the corrupt Ukrainian gubbermint (again) and then have at it:

Ukraine on Her Knees

Devide et impera? What exacly is your mission in this #show of idiocracy? Effin silent, my invaded crimean ass. You kinda missed a fricken lot in this civil war, stop punching unicorns for a second and pipe the eff up maybe?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

No.

But thanks for sharing!

My point is, Russia has done a lot. But sabres rattle because they exposed how corrupt the leftists are?

edit on 12-12-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

its all a scam. i have been tweeting the fools at huffpostcnntimes, etc, the writers of the articles, saying lets have peace instead of their pro-paganda.

they need enemies in order for the bankerz to keep fake wars going. so they use the media to teach people to hate others.

the answer is simple, just peace and ignroe any scumabg who tells you to hate a stranger.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Where were you when Obama mocked the idea Russia was our enemy?

Like you, not posting on ATS? What's your point? Did you agree with Obama or did you disagree with him then but you've changed your mind now? After we extended a massive olive branch only to have Russia annex Crimea and tank the gains that the Obama administration appeared to be making? Or was it after they intervened in our election?

I agreed with Obama in 2012 because by all appearances, the US-Russian relationship was on a very strong upswing. It became abundantly clear in 2014 that the "Russian Reset" was ultimately a failure. Geopolitics constantly evolves. When presented with new information, it became necessary to update opinions. That's how having informed opinions works. In case you missed it, I'll repeat it. I know that's how drones like you accept new programming.

2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014. 2014.

You on the other hand just believe whatever has the greatest emotional appeal and you'll disregard new information if you don't want to consider it. That's how you end up with an effed up world view that requires astounding levels of cognitive dissonance to keep your brain from exploding.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You're welcome, my dear basement ATSlien. Thanks for your provocations as well.

Russia isn't free from the Neolibtards World Order, of course. On a more distanced note one could argue this dangerous new Cold War is only possible with profiting players on both sides, devide et impera on a global level of mil-ind complexes if you will.
Which is why we should overcome lables like 'lefties', 'Russians' and all that redundant stuff.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They conveniently ignore that the near 75% of Americans that did not vote for Hillary, did not do so in response to anything that the Russians did or did not do.

They did not vote for Hillary for all the things that Hillary did or did not do.

They want to keep scapegoating over the fact that nearly 75% of Americans did not want Hillary as President of the United States.

They can try to blame that on anything or anyone, except Hillary, but it doesn't change the fact that they backed the wrong horse. Since they couldn't push the crippled, dying, blind horse they labeled as a thoroughbred, over the finish line, they want to disqualify the jackass that made it across, by a nose, on technicalities, and to throw out the race.

They also don't realize how incompetent, weak, and and idiotic, they make themselves look, by admitting that Russia is superior to them in technology, espionage, and stealth, if what they are claiming is true.

Or that they left the barn door open, tempting Russia, so they could be caught with the horses in the barn, so they could blame them of foul play, as insurance, because they had so little faith in their thoroughbred in the first place.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: UKTruth
To answer the question in the OP... you are supposed to hate Russia because Clinton lost.
It's that simple.

Not because they murdered thousands of Chechens in a ruthless bombing campaign? Not because they have taken bites out of their neighbors? Not because they burned Ukrainians alive? Not because they invaded Crimea and lied about it? Not because they shot down a civilian airliner and blamed it on someone else? Not because they are funding extremist political parties around the world?

Not that simple after all, is it, Comrade?

Change the nationalities and locations and that sounds just like what the U.S. has done for the past couple decades--of course we're not taking bites out of our neighbors, but of countries clear across the globe--yet we're told that's no reason for the rest of the world to fear US...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So what you are saying is that clear evidence, from Obama's own mouth, that the US was working with Russia was a good thing, but things have changed to the extent that rumours with no evidence that Trump is working with Russia is very bad.

I see.

It's as I suspected. You are full of #.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I am almost 50, so I grew up in the heart of the cold war. I remember the fear, the rhetoric, the "commies". But what exactly is the reason we are supposed to be against them right now? I get that they spy on us. (I think it's possible we do a tiny bit of spying ourselves) I get that they have a strong military and enough nukes to blow up the world almost or more times than we can. (many more than 2) And I get that they have a different political spectrum. And seriously, if I am missing something, please enlighten me, this is a real question.

It just seems to me that a country as large and powerful as Russia is, would make a much better friend than an enemy. I'm in no way suggesting we open any locked doors to them or share any secrets, just that we stop the un-needed hate rhetoric. Again, if there is a legitimate reason for US vs. Them, please explain.

Thank you SO much for posting this. I too am nearing 50, grew up during the Cold War, yada yada. And I too am wondering--have wondered for my whole adult life, in fact--why exactly am I supposed to hate and fear Russia? Sure they were the enemy way back during WWII, but so were Japan, Italy and oh yea, GERMANY, but we don't have this government-sponsored fear and hate for any of those countries. I don't get it either.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

originally posted by: network dude
I am almost 50, so I grew up in the heart of the cold war. I remember the fear, the rhetoric, the "commies". But what exactly is the reason we are supposed to be against them right now? I get that they spy on us. (I think it's possible we do a tiny bit of spying ourselves) I get that they have a strong military and enough nukes to blow up the world almost or more times than we can. (many more than 2) And I get that they have a different political spectrum. And seriously, if I am missing something, please enlighten me, this is a real question.

It just seems to me that a country as large and powerful as Russia is, would make a much better friend than an enemy. I'm in no way suggesting we open any locked doors to them or share any secrets, just that we stop the un-needed hate rhetoric. Again, if there is a legitimate reason for US vs. Them, please explain.

Thank you SO much for posting this. I too am nearing 50, grew up during the Cold War, yada yada. And I too am wondering--have wondered for my whole adult life, in fact--why exactly am I supposed to hate and fear Russia? Sure they were the enemy way back during WWII, but so were Japan, Italy and oh yea, GERMANY, but we don't have this government-sponsored fear and hate for any of those countries. I don't get it either.

Let's just cut to the chase. Some dishonest people are creating a Russian crisis because Hillary lost the election and they need someone to blame. That's all.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Good questions, maybe I can help.

Cold war Russia is a lot different now than the earlier forms of Russia.

Once America and Russia was great friends, they gave us Alaska and during civil war used navy to protect shores from foreign governments so we could fight without Spain or English taking country back.

Abe admits he has two enemies, the confederates he sees as a "just cause enemy", he understood he knew their purpose and belief though he didn't agree with it, respected it. The other enemy was the bankers. Rothschild/13 family interest. He and Nicholos II and Alexander was forming a non interest money system (why we had revolutionary war) once he pushed his green back system he was soon assassinated. Just shortly after Polks did the same and known to have ties to Rothschild. We never was friends again after that.

A lot of people have died, some didn't and lived to tell it like Andrew Jackson. JFK before he died wanted to bring back green back system. There's more just not entirely sure, like Taft and Garfield maybe. There's a bunch of them. Woodrow Wilson pushed Federal Reserve and later admitted he has single handedly destroyed the nation. Claiming can't be free with pay taxes to work.

Now let's get into modern times. Putin is a radical who knows bankers are to blame for fall of Czars and traditional Russian beliefs.
If look into Russia you'll notice these key facts.
1. Putin hates Rothchild family, has forced them to pay their people better
2. Eventually he kicked all of them out of Russia and declared war against their family.
3. People tied to them, like George Soros, is wanted dead or alive

He has been accused of rigging his elections but in his defense it's to keep banking interest out of Russian politics. He doesn't want people like Stahlin in charge and seen the damage done by bankers. In modern times it's hard to fight these guys without an iron first.

Putin to Russians is like Abraham was to the Union, or Washington to the colonies. More like Washington who actually ran country through military first part of our free nation. Putin is Russian revolution.

Now why are Trump and Putin becoming friends? Trump sees the same and knows what I am telling you. Trump has talked about how he wants federal reserve to end, talked about investigating our gold vaults.
You have Trump trying to make America great again, have Putin making Russia great again.

Trump is considered a "conspiracy theorists" and so is Putin.

Putin talks about Nibiru, Kremlin has declassified over 80 something alien races and species, is building underground vaults for he and ALL his people (here don't look promising that we will all be saved) where Putin has said "It will be tight, but comfortable to Russian public".

Why does NATO, US, and EU hate Russia? Putin is a whistle blower. He calls out Rothschilds (who fund france, germany, England, spain, etc) so to protect that 500 billion (some say it's way more, about 300 trillion) they have made in war racketeering and from sweat of labor, which is illegal. It's taxation without representation. When question and expose them prepare for war.

"Give me control of a Nations wealth, I care not the laws that make them."
Mayer A. Rothschild

edit: Also want to point out that Putin, like Washington, served under British Imperial Army (Soviet Union). He disagreed to it and brought in the Russian Federation (like it use to be before Rothschild communism). It's almost like history is repeating itself in a lot of aspects. This time backwards.

edit on 12-12-2016 by Anonopolis because: (no reason given)

link   

Thats unfounded "opinion" of the same group of agencies that told us Sadaam Hussein had stockpiles of WMD!

The intelligence was played up by the administration to make their case for war with Iraq and AFAIK, that intelligence came exclusively from the CIA? Nice job repeating Donald Trump though!

Credible evidence? What credible evidence? I watched an entire, miserable, hour of CNN

Oh you did? A whole hour of CNN? Impressive! I laid out some of the evidence that was publically available back on October 1.

The first person to label Russia as the responsible party was Dmitri Alperovitch, CTO of CrowdStrike on June 14, 2016. That was before the first email was even released. Take a look at the thread.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: Pyle

*whew*

I'm just glad the UN gave us permission.

I guess harsh language is the next step?

Face it, Obama caved to Putin.

What would you have had Obama do?

Start a #ing war and get us all killed?

Obama can be blammed for a lot of things but not that.

Obama is weak. Russia invaded the Ukraine knowing that Obama would not hold up to the treaty he personally signed to protect them.
What to do?

Nothing now. Obama caved.

The point to stop this would have been before they invaded. If we were strong to begin with, invested in protecting our allies, then this would have never happened.

But it has and no one even mentions it any more.

The failure of the Obama Administration’s Russian “reset,” the unilateral disarming of Europe, and the U.S. reduction of forces and disengagement from Europe have led Russia to calculate that the West will not respond in any significant way.

www.heritage.org...

So you want war with Russia and you blame Obama for not giving it to you?

No.

You leftists want war with Russia because Russia might have exposed how corrupt our government and specifically, how corrupt the democrats are.

Yet, Russia invades a country and everyone is effing silent.

But you just condemned Obama for using the non-war option and are angry at him for not going to war with russia.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
"Why am I supposed to hate Russia"

Don't

edit on 12-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yeaaaaah... that's not what I said at all but it doesn't surprise me that you're no better at comprehending what I say than you are at comprehending anything else.

I'll write something up for you in crayon later and scan it in.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: Pyle

*whew*

I'm just glad the UN gave us permission.

I guess harsh language is the next step?

Face it, Obama caved to Putin.

What would you have had Obama do?

Start a #ing war and get us all killed?

Obama can be blammed for a lot of things but not that.

Obama is weak. Russia invaded the Ukraine knowing that Obama would not hold up to the treaty he personally signed to protect them.
What to do?

Nothing now. Obama caved.

The point to stop this would have been before they invaded. If we were strong to begin with, invested in protecting our allies, then this would have never happened.

But it has and no one even mentions it any more.

The failure of the Obama Administration’s Russian “reset,” the unilateral disarming of Europe, and the U.S. reduction of forces and disengagement from Europe have led Russia to calculate that the West will not respond in any significant way.

www.heritage.org...

So you want war with Russia and you blame Obama for not giving it to you?

No.

You leftists want war with Russia because Russia might have exposed how corrupt our government and specifically, how corrupt the democrats are.

Yet, Russia invades a country and everyone is effing silent.

But you just condemned Obama for using the non-war option and are angry at him for not going to war with russia.

No.

Wrong again.

I condemn Obama for not being strong to begin with.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
To be frank, the US military probably couldn't handle a war with Russia and ISIS at the same time.

So the leftists choose Russia.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join