It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I see this as a good thing.

So do I!

The Globalist Media Elite is seeing the power to control us falling through their fingers...and they will now be rabidly throwing out fear to the people in order to regain that control.

NOW...people are first tasting the MSM's pablum...before thoughtlessly gobbling it up...as was the case in the past.

My fear is that so many people are cognitively disabled now, that the low percentage of people waking up to the BS wont be enough to combat the agenda being propagandized.

Trumps win gives me hope. I pray he doesn't crush that hope.

I feel he really is our last defense against the globalist machine. And it is a POWERFUL machine!

All hopes on Trump......God help us all.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Bullsh!t you grew-up in the heart of the Cold War. If you're almost 50 you didn't see any of the real Cold War. I'm 65 and I was very young when Khrushchev was promising the elimination of the US. I was just 10 when my family was awoken by a call in the middle of the night telling my dad, an officer in the Army Reserves, he was being activated and to initiate the 'phone tree' because we were on the verge of nuclear war with the Russians because they had placed nuclear missiles in Cuba. At 'almost 50' you didn't see jack as far as the Cold War went. Sure, you got to see the economic warfare that was waged as the USSR started coming unraveled. But the Cold War? The one that was a fart away from starting a nuclear war> You were still a happy little sperm when all that was going on. Give me a break.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't think "hate" really factors into it personally. As Mitch McConnell just said on live national television: "Russia is not our friend."

Does anyone seriously deny that Russia is trying to regain USSR-era hegemony in Eastern Europe and Central Asia? What is the likely impact on Europe, the United States and the rest of the world? What have the immediate consequences of their actions been in the last several years for their neighbors?

Funny how you never posted about any of this until the media put out the marching orders. Where were you when Obama mocked the idea Russia was our enemy?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I feel he really is our last defense against the globalist machine. And it is a POWERFUL machine!

I'll give you this: thanks to Trump, the military-industrial complex is no longer lurking in the shadows manipulating policy. It is now about to sit openly in the West Wing, dictating policy directly.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Can you show me the thread and posts you made in response to this?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have a friendly attitude towards Russia. Yes, they have been a powerful force to be aware of... but I never bought into the evil theme. I think Putin is super intelligent, and not crazy at all. I see that in Europe, they don't perceive Russia to be more of a threat to them than is the US....But the US has an image of being stupid lately, which makes them more of a threat. That doesn't exactly mean they support the US then, which is what the Americans often fail to understand...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Pyle

*whew*

I'm just glad the UN gave us permission.

I guess harsh language is the next step?

Face it, Obama caved to Putin.

What would you have had Obama do?

Start a #ing war and get us all killed?

Obama can be blammed for a lot of things but not that.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Yes. Nuclear annihilation was a reality we had to live with. I had older married family members wondering if they should even have children, why bring children into an unstable world where nuclear war was possible.

And now it seems that Trump just interviewed Carly Fiorin for a position in the govt. She told reporters they discussed China, "our adversary". Our adversary! Trump gets his ideology from those who bend his ear. So now we will have a new administration coming in, and China has already been alerted by them to gear up for what could end up a nuclear confrontation.... again. (Or a cyber attack, if they're nice.)

Yep. Put your head between your knees and kiss your a## goodbye. Or, as one Republican Congressman said years ago.... really.... dig a hole and put a cover over you. Madness!!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Can you show me the thread and posts you made in response to this?

Crazy isn't it... here's Obama being all pally with Russia on RT and no problem.
Trump does an interview with Larry King in RT and its a 'scandal'.

Don't discourage the hypocrisy though... it's so good to see out in the open. It will help for 2020.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

*whew*

Obama is weak. Russia invaded the Ukraine knowing that Obama would not hold up to the treaty he personally signed to protect them.
What to do?

Nothing now. Obama caved.

The point to stop this would have been before they invaded. If we were strong to begin with, invested in protecting our allies, then this would have never happened.

But it has and no one even mentions it any more.

The failure of the Obama Administration’s Russian “reset,” the unilateral disarming of Europe, and the U.S. reduction of forces and disengagement from Europe have led Russia to calculate that the West will not respond in any significant way.

www.heritage.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: UKTruth
To answer the question in the OP... you are supposed to hate Russia because Clinton lost.
It's that simple.

Not because they murdered thousands of Chechens in a ruthless bombing campaign? Not because they have taken bites out of their neighbors? Not because they burned Ukrainians alive? Not because they invaded Crimea and lied about it? Not because they shot down a civilian airliner and blamed it on someone else? Not because they are funding extremist political parties around the world?

Not that simple after all, is it, Comrade?

Are you talking about Russia or America here? Libya, Iraq, Egypt, Algeria, Syria, arming ISIS...you should be skeptical of our goverment and the media that sells it. And other countries too, but seriously, you should realize that America is far more aggressive than is Russia today. If you didnt consume the propaganda, youd also have a better grasp of what occurred in Ukraine.

Some of those points are fabricated. You are a victim of fake news.

Not a reason to push war hostilities with Russia, who is much better a friend than foe.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Without a doubt, our government has interevened militarily to further its own geopolitical agenda and used "liberating oppressed people" as an excuse for doing so. You'll get no argument from me there.

That doesn't make what Russia is up to any less of an issue though and ignoring them will only facilitate their efforts.

I think that's the point that is being overlooked by a lot of people. Russia's hegemonic aspirations are not driven by the US. The Obama administration tried to improve relations. Obama trolled Mitt Romney over the threat from Russia and he (Obama) was proven to be wrong. Remember the failed "Russian Reset?"

It wasn't just lip service. Russia joined in sanctioning Iran and we lifted sanctions against Russian arms exports. We dropped the missile defense system for Eastern Europe that had Russia upset (roundly criticized by the Right as huge mistake), we signed the New START (Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty) Treaty in 2011 (also roundly criticized by the Right as a mistake). Russia was admitted to WTO (2012). Remember Skolkovo? Clinton's state department promoted US business investment into Russian's own "Silicon Valley" which has since been pointed to as an example of Clinton corruption and criticized for opening up the US to Russian industrial espionage up to and including the potential for Russians to steal military tech.

There were things that strained the "reset" but really sealed the deal was Russia annexing Crimea which triggered sanctions against Russia (a very predictable result).

So this idea that it "would be nice to be friends with Russia" is not only not new, we just tried it out with years of policy designed to improve our relationship and the results were not favorable.

Two years later and it's "why can't we be friends with Russia?"

This coming on the heels of a US presidential election where there is credible evidence that Russia intervened. Maybe the outcome would have been the same if they hadn't and I don't support changing the result because of it (unless it can be proven conclusively that Donald Trump knowingly colluded with the Russians in which case he should face trial for treason — but I doubt this is the case) but why can't we all get on the same page here that Russian intervention in our elections is a hostile act?

What happens when Donald Trump is in office and he's forced to take action that Putin doesn't like? More hacking? What if Trump and the RNC are the targets in the next election and the Democrats run a slimeball who the Kremlin finds preferable? Are Democrats supposed to embrace Russian intervention and Republicans oppose it?

I don't know how much more Russia could do to prove that they are not our friends. It concerns me that so many of my fellow Americans are pretending that the rest of us are being hysterical, disingenous, etc — or worse, that Russia isn't a bad actor and that its all a grand conspiracy to delegitimize Trump's election.

Trump is the President-elect. He will be President. I hope that he gets rid of Flynn and I hope that he isn't weak on Russia because denying the reality of Russia out of fear that it makes his election look less legitimate will be a horrible horrible mistake.

Russia under Putin will never be our friend.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: desert
I am not buying into the mutual assured destruction bull. Commonsense tells us that there has to be a hell of lot more Legos on the table to build a construction of that size.

Unless they have already built their Shangri-La underground or on another world, any country that looks at nuclear annihilation of their enemy as a solution, is either insane, an idiot, or evil beyond the soul of Satan.

We live on a planet with depleted resources, so the solution is to wipe out the limited resources available, and destroy near all hope of life as we know it for the future? Rebuild? With what and by whom? A post apocalyptic world is not going to yield a very productive lot of slaves, and unless they have learned the secret to the construction of the pyramids, not much building is going to be happening.

Our government we know is corrupt and our politicians are liars, but they have to be amazingly stupid to sell off the majority of our massive debt to our adversaries. Nothing like putting on a choke collar, attaching it to a leash and handing the leash to your enemy.

Nope. They may be pissing on my head, but I am not buying that it is rain; not for a minute.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

*whew*

Obama is weak. Russia invaded the Ukraine knowing that Obama would not hold up to the treaty he personally signed to protect them.
What to do?

The point to stop this would have been before they invaded. If we were strong to begin with, invested in protecting our allies, then this would have never happened.

The failure of the Obama Administration’s Russian “reset,” the unilateral disarming of Europe, and the U.S. reduction of forces and disengagement from Europe have led Russia to calculate that the West will not respond in any significant way.

www.heritage.org...

So you want war with Russia and you blame Obama for not giving it to you?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: stosh64

I'll give you this: thanks to Trump, the military-industrial complex is no longer lurking in the shadows manipulating policy. It is now about to sit openly in the West Wing, dictating policy directly.

That's on paper. Let's see it in action before we start slapping his back. Because I'm pretty darned sure there's gonna be a closed room meeting where they tell him what he is supposed to do....and he'll do it.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
We now live in a world where the MSM promotes conspiracy theories and Alex Jones reports the news. Let that sink in.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You have swallowed the propaganda hook, line, and sinker (very few others outside the liberal echo chamber have unfortunately for you)

Why not just dispense with the nonsensical doomsday predictions and accept there is no evidence at all of any problem beyond the standard fare of govt. spying?
You realise that the US has been caught spying even on her allies?

What we are seeing played out in the dishonest media and repeated by dishonest/gullible people online is the daily practice of spying and counter spying being fastened to the election because those that held so much power did not get the result that they wanted in the election.

We can all play 'what if' games. What if Obama was actually a Saudi plant and has spent 8 years trying to destroy America? What if it's Obama working with Putin and Trump to deny Hillary because he doesn't like her? There is about as much evidence for those scenarios as there is of Russians working with Trump to influence an election result... i.e. none.
edit on 12/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

*whew*

What to do?

www.heritage.org...

So you want war with Russia and you blame Obama for not giving it to you?

No.

You leftists want war with Russia because Russia might have exposed how corrupt our government and specifically, how corrupt the democrats are.

Yet, Russia invades a country and everyone is effing silent.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I genuinely wish I could answer your question with any degree of certainty. I heard the typical American Leftists on CNN opining on this topic a couple of hours ago and it appears they believe that all right minded Americans should hate Russia because, as they told it:

Russia has shattered Ukraine, (not true);
Russia shot down a civilian aircraft, (maybe).....it was flying over a near war zone.
Russia stole Crimea, (not true), the Crimean's voted out of Ukraine and into Russia; Crimea has been part of Russia since Cathrine the Great.

So.....what's really behind the Leftist hatred of Russia? Nationalism! Russians and Putin in particular are very Nationalistic! Why do the Leftists hate Nationalism? Because it is a philosophy in direct contradiction to their ideal of Globalization and the erasure of borders in the ultimate erosion of "National" sovereignty in pursuit of a One World Government of Leftist Dictators!

So..........that's why your supposed to hate Russia!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Are you going to provide a single shred of evidence for your continuing claims that Russia hacked our election or influenced it?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join