It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Funny you left our current Nobel Peace prize winning Potus off that list.

The drone strike program is an abomination, too. I was thinking more in terms of scale. Taking out one building because you are after one person who lives there and incidentally killing all the residents is not quite the same as obliterating entire cities.

Your bias is showing.

As is yours, of course.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Russia will never join or support a one world government unless Russia *is* the whole world.

They are the enemy of our banking elite. They want war, and they want it with Russia. Can't very well just start a war without getting the population mad at the enemy first.

They need to create tensions, then blow up a few buildings and blame it on Russia first.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yes, even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Aren't we supposed to culturally appropriate them, them being a different culture and all, according to Liberal ethos? As such, isn't hating other cultures xenophobic bigotry???
edit on 12-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Russia will never join or support a one world government unless Russia *is* the whole world.

You're catching on.

4pt.su...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Aren't we supposed to culturally appropriate them, them being a different culture and all, according to Liberal ethos? As such, isn't hating other cultures xenophobic bigotry???

I think first we need to determine where the Russian Transsexuals urinate. You know, be sure there is a problem before we offer a solution. (Like we do here)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

We have appropriated them culturally. Ballet, classical music, literature. The West has been enriched by Russian influences since the turn of the last century. Ballet Russes, Stravinsky.... need I go on?

Only a hate filled xenophobe would hate such a rich culture. Only a hate filled xenophobe would mistake opposition to an oppressive government with hatred towards a people and its culture.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Because media elites tell you to. The propaganda model requires a bogeyman.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I am almost 50, so I grew up in the heart of the cold war. I remember the fear, the rhetoric, the "commies". But what exactly is the reason we are supposed to be against them right now? I get that they spy on us. (I think it's possible we do a tiny bit of spying ourselves) I get that they have a strong military and enough nukes to blow up the world almost or more times than we can. (many more than 2) And I get that they have a different political spectrum. And seriously, if I am missing something, please enlighten me, this is a real question.

It just seems to me that a country as large and powerful as Russia is, would make a much better friend than an enemy. I'm in no way suggesting we open any locked doors to them or share any secrets, just that we stop the un-needed hate rhetoric. Again, if there is a legitimate reason for US vs. Them, please explain.

You know what is really sad? It is the same if not worse on the other side.

The Russians are exposed to a 24/7 anti-American propaganda in their MSM. This includes news, docus, talk shows, the full program. And anyone not aligned with Putin is seen as a traitor.

It is insane.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I've been curious to why we are being directed by the Globalist Elites to hate Russia, as well.
Why look to manufacture NEW enemies...when we have so many already?

I did find this explanation...and in lieu of what is taking place with BREXIT and other countries (including the US after Nov. 8)...this rings true to me.

Plain and simple, the Elite do not control Russia.

While there are backchannels of Russian oligarchs that work directly with Western Rothschild interests, for example, they simply don't have the same level of control as they do European countries, like Germany for instance.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Can you post some proof at least or are we suppose to take your word for it?

ETA: That sounded confrontational after reading my post, which wasn't intentional. I'm literally just wanting to see some examples, since when I google Russian Anti-American propaganda I don't get much in return.
edit on 12-12-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Without a "bad guy" there wouldn't be defense-spending. Without spending there would be no kickbacks to congress. Without congress in the pockets of corp, there would be honesty and the need to answer to the people. You can see where this is going......

For some more fact-based answers to the OP's question, I suggest you take some time (and a bottle of whiskey might help as well) and watch "The Untold History of the United States" which is currently streaming on Netflix. It covers political moves and postures of the United States beginning with WW2 up to today's climate.
Very very interesting show (and frightening)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

And the US doesn't do the same things?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I think there is a lot to be said for Putin and Russia being a part of a system that is not going to be controlled by the system .
F. William Engdahl interview is very important but his latest piece which has some very important covert CIA/western causes that has created the new Russia is worth the read "Chubais – The Next Neoliberal Head to Roll in Russia? thesaker.is...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

To answer the question you pose in your title: you are not supposed to hate Russia. You are supposed to be aware of the nature of their current government. I love Russia, the land, the people, and its culture. I have roots there. My family left because of centuries of repression and economic inequality. When the Soviet Union collapsed, there was a brief moment when it looked like Russia would finally embrace the liberal democratic ideals that many of its great thinkers supported. Putin was a fresh face who seemed like an alternative to the gerentocracy that had been mismanaging the Soviet Union. He turned out to be a street thug from Peter. My animus is towards Putin, not Russia. Russia deserves better.

Exactly!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: lordcomac

You're catching on.

4pt.su...

Isn't that the premise of another culture, that will not be named. Yet we are expected to accept, embrace, and support, this group and countries.

I think we will better served if we look at the countries that they want us to open our borders, hearts, and doors to, than the ones they want us to hate and fear.

Maybe we will have a better chance of seeing the true picture if we look beyond where they want us to look.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
To answer the question in the OP... you are supposed to hate Russia because Clinton lost.
It's that simple.

Or because they annexed Crimea...but hey, don't let current events get in the way of a political discourse...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Because media elites tell you to. The propaganda model requires a bogeyman.

I'm not sure if I am in the minority here or this is some sort of cultural awakening, but as of late, I find myself questioning anything I hear from the MSM. That can't be healthy for a country and I hope like hell that it's just me. Otherwise, we are heading towards some real trouble in the very near future.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: UKTruth
To answer the question in the OP... you are supposed to hate Russia because Clinton lost.
It's that simple.

Or because they annexed Crimea...but hey, don't let current events get in the way of a political discourse...

Aaaaaand. . . . Obama did nothing about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It's a hang-over from when dinosaurs ruled the western political landscape, keeping entire populations in a state of perpetual terror via fear-based propaganda is an astounding control mechanism, especially for the weapons manufacturers.

These days, only The Hillary Clintonites continue the charade, the rest of us have woken up.

How can I save my little boy from Oppenheimer's deadly toy?
There is no monopoly on common sense
On either side of the political fence.
We share the same biology, regardless of ideology.
Believe me when I say to you,
I hope the Russians love their children too...

You're a very wise man, Sublimecraft. When you write, I read... And I agree, they try to keep us in a constant state of perpetual fear, and as we've evolved in our thinking, but they try to counter it by upping the stakes with false flags and the propaganda/rhetoric they spread as facts..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join