It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: UKTruth
To answer the question in the OP... you are supposed to hate Russia because Clinton lost.
It's that simple.

Not because they murdered thousands of Chechens in a ruthless bombing campaign? Not because they have taken bites out of their neighbors? Not because they burned Ukrainians alive? Not because they invaded Crimea and lied about it? Not because they shot down a civilian airliner and blamed it on someone else? Not because they are funding extremist political parties around the world?

Not that simple after all, is it, Comrade?

Take that and multiply it by 100. Now u know why the rest of the world hates USA.
edit on 12-12-2016 by Justanotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

To answer the question you pose in your title: you are not supposed to hate Russia. You are supposed to be aware of the nature of their current government. I love Russia, the land, the people, and its culture. I have roots there. My family left because of centuries of repression and economic inequality. When the Soviet Union collapsed, there was a brief moment when it looked like Russia would finally embrace the liberal democratic ideals that many of its great thinkers supported. Putin was a fresh face who seemed like an alternative to the gerentocracy that had been mismanaging the Soviet Union. He turned out to be a street thug from Peter. My animus is towards Putin, not Russia. Russia deserves better.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

To answer the question in the OP... you are supposed to hate Russia because Clinton lost.
It's that simple.

Not because they murdered thousands of Chechens in a ruthless bombing campaign?

Not to harp on your post more than others, but I do have a question regarding this particular charge. If we go to another country and engage in a ruthless bombing campaign, and thousands of people die, are those lives more, less or equal to the lives of Americans?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justanotherman

It's that simple.

Not because they murdered thousands of Chechens in a ruthless bombing campaign? Not because they have taken bites out of their neighbors? Not because they burned Ukrainians alive? Not because they invaded Crimea and lied about it? Not because they shot down a civilian airliner and blamed it on someone else? Not because they are funding extremist political parties around the world?

Not that simple after all, is it, Comrade?

Take that and multiply it by 100. Now u know why the rest of the world hates USA.

Not only are you free to hate the USA, you can express that opinion without fear of reprisal. Think about that.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Thanks for explaining that. I understand your position much better and agree.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It's that simple.

Not because they murdered thousands of Chechens in a ruthless bombing campaign?

Not to harp on your post more than others, but I do have a question regarding this particular charge. If we go to another country and engage in a ruthless bombing campaign, and thousands of people die, are those lives more, less or equal to the lives of Americans?

All lives are equal. Bombing civilians is a crime. All nations engage in it. (Yes; Bush, Cheney, Putin, and Assad are all war criminals but I do not expect any of them will pay for their misdeeds. Except, possibly, Assad.)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The narrative shift has been successful from taking the focus away from ISIS (who is actively fighting us) to Russia who (as far as I know) is not actively fighting us.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have no idea what is so bad about Russia. To me it's like some bad joke the overlords in DC try to throw around as if it had any substance to todays standards.

No one is talking about China or ISIL enough. They don't exist unless our DC overlords say so....

I'm just a citizen peon, I know nothing and I am nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I remember the air raid sirens going off. They were very loud, We dove under out desks for protection. We were trained by the public school system to duck and take cover, and be prepared in case the Russians nuked us. That's why

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Pretty sure we're suppose to hate Russia because the world's elite can't just go in and walk all over their government and take over their natural resources like so many other countries. I'm starting to think up until recently all we have ever gotten for news about Russia has been propaganda. It seems the U.S. are now the bringers of terror around the world.

edit on 12-12-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

(Yes; Bush, Cheney, Putin, and Assad are all war criminals

Funny you left our current Nobel Peace prize winning Potus off that list.

Your bias is showing.

edit on 12 12 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Because their leader is a former lieutenant colonel of the KGB and he wants another cold war.

And all their rhetoric about nuclear war was an obvious ploy to influence our election . Putin just like Obama just like Clinton and lust like Trump can not be trusted.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The correct question is why America wants to start a war all the time? Let the world police itself. There is no rule that states we have to.
edit on 12-12-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Because both sides, east and west, profit from this situation. Rulers rule with fear, so it´s good when there is a big bad bogeyman. And don´t forget the armaments programs both sides profit from.

When the west tried to install a new bogeyman with the muslims, they had to learn that the russians were the better bogeyman, because they played that game by the rules. About decades. And the war and spy industry of both sides could make a lot of money and create lots of jobs for government staff.

The muslims have been forced to be the new bogeyman, fooled into this role. First they were used by the west against the russians, suddenly there was no more USSR, because of globalization, and then they became the new bogeyman for the west. Then they realized this and became angry and wanted to take revenge, so this bogeyman got outta control, didn´t play by the rules to fool the people, the west was used too.

Because that was to dangerous and unpredictable for the western rulers, they started to create Superputin, a "Goldfinger"-like evil superhero, that even was able to cause a regime change in the motherland of regime-changes, if we believe all that hacker, election manipulation, invincible russian superpower cyber warriors stuff.

So now it´s time to return to the new but old and known bogeyman, that plays by the rules the west is used too, the rules that let certain and rich circles of both sides profit from the new, old cold war. It´s good for all the hardliners, the falcons, the nationalists, the warmongerers, the military, the war industry, the rich and the ultrarich.

That´s the reason why the western rulers, via MSM, are trying to program our average western brains to hate the russians again. Because they are responsible for all evil on earth and in universe, as our western "unbiased and impartial quality mass media" with the "monopoly on truth" is letting us all know.

I know average people from the USA as from Russia. Guess what, they are like all average people on earth, most of them are nice and helpful people. If you compare the USA to Russia, there are similarities. Like shiny capitols and cities, but outside of it looks not so shiny anymore. Ok, you have less people in tent cities in russia, and a better education of the average citizens there, compared to the USA or Germany. But you have a lot of crime on both sides, a lot of drug addicts, a lot of everything is same on both sides.

Each side has to hate the other side, because certain rich circles of both sides profit of this situation.
And if you live in the west, you have to hate the east, because "our" rulers need this bogeyman situation to create fear, to rule and make money.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have an irrational attraction to Russian women. And the only sport I ever got into was Red Wings Hockey. And I'm anti-Globalist. And I loathe Hillary.

Is that enough to prove that I'm a Russian FAKE NEWS agent?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Russia = Bad

Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Israel = Good.

/sarc

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
Because their leader is a former lieutenant colonel of the KGB and he wants another cold war.

And all their rhetoric about nuclear war was an obvious ploy to influence our election . Putin just like Obama just like Clinton and lust like Trump can not be trusted.

Not disagreeing with you, but if you really think about it, none of our leaders on either side can be trusted, so where exactly does that leave us? We elected ours, and had a choice of garbage vs slime, and have no choice in who runs the others, yet we (the people) don't really have a say in how thing go.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Russia = Bad

Saudi Arabia, China, Turkey and Iran, ISIL(depends on if they are doing what the US govt pays them to do) = Good.

/sarc

Fixed for you

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Why are we supposed to hate the Russians!!!??? What kind of dagnab fool of a question is that!!!!?
Well mister let me just tell you why!!!
Our great grandparents hated the Russians
our grandparents hated the Russians
our parents hated the Russians....... and so help me God you will hate them too!!!!
As punishment i want you to take the flag and go around the block 3x singing Stars and Stripes Forever!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join