It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I have no idea what is so bad about Russia. To me it's like some bad joke the overlords in DC try to throw around as if it had any substance to todays standards.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Has anyone stopped to ask themselves:

"If Russia is so awesome and so self-possessed and hunky-dory, why is America full of Russian ex-patriots?".

Who'd like to help me build a list?

Because I am coming for this Russia-Bull#. In another thread. But I'm coming for it. We'll give it a couple of days.

But meanwhile, help me with my list.

Why do they emigrate?

edit on 15-12-2016 by Dan00 because:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

"If Russia is so awesome and so self-possessed and hunky-dory, why is America full of Russian ex-patriots?".

America has more economic opportunities than most other countries, particularly if you have a valuable skill. Russian businesses are run by Mafiyas, which limits upward mobility for those who are not already "made."

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00

Because I am coming for this Russia-Bull#. In another thread. But I'm coming for it. We'll give it a couple of days.

Why do they emigrate?

Because they are not Russians. These people 99% are of Jewish descent who decided to immigrate to follow foot steps of their relatives who in their turn are already in the US or Canada. Usually they immigrate first to Israel then hop across the ocean.
Besides, they immigrate, but never sever ties with Russia, like business wise. Most reap benefits of having dual citizenship coz if I buy property in Canada and rent it out, income would be pretty solid to insure life back in Russia is good without having to work ever. Plus visa free travel opportunities, plus a possibility to receive pension from two countries.

cheers)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: greenreflections

originally posted by: Dan00

Why do they emigrate?

Because they are not Russians. These people 99% are of Jewish descent who decided to immigrate to follow foot steps of their relatives who in their turn are already in the US or Canada. Usually they immigrate first to Israel then hop across the ocean.
Besides, they immigrate, but never sever ties with Russia, like business wise. Most reap benefits of having dual citizenship coz if I buy property in Canada and rent it out, income would be pretty solid to insure life back in Russia is good without having to work ever. Plus visa free travel opportunities, plus a possibility to receive pension from two countries.

cheers)

Dan00,

where did you go?
Do you have more questions? You could at least thank me for giving you an answer))))

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Probably because we haven't been as successful as we need to be reshaping the ME. The biggest obstacle between us and our goal of a Unipolar world is currently Russia.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
All of you people that are pro Russia (and I do NOT mean pro Russian people) let me ask you a question. Have any of you been there? Have any one of you actually set foot in Russia and spent some time there seeing day-to-day life? Interacting with the people and businesses?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Firstly I am not pro-Russia,in fact as far as nation states are concerned they are all varying forms of evil fighting for the scraps on the table.In a sense since Trump won Ive found all this particularly amusing especially CNN which currently reminds me of a startled Maltese terrier running in circles barking whilst simultaneously relieving itself on the carpet The only problem is the nation state they are provoking irresponsibly has a large cache of nuclear weapons.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm not sure about 'hating' a country, but I'm certainly a little confused by people who think Russia "isn't all that bad", is that just out of fear of what happens to people who Russia don't like:

IRussian journalist found dead with gunshot wound to head

Britain have had some experience of this too:

Alexander Litivenko

Can I really like a country where corruption is so endemic?

Corrupt Olympics

Despite what Putin has claimed, it doesn't sound like they are particularly fond of LGBT people either.

LGBT rights in Russia

And their democratic process is becoming a little bit dictatorial:

Is Putin a dictator?

I haven't even mentioned their foreign policy...

It could be argued all of this could be equally bad in USA and UK, but I'm not particularly fond of them either.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Probably because we haven't been as successful as we need to be reshaping the ME. The biggest obstacle between us and our goal of a Unipolar world is currently Russia.

'reshaping'....like terra forming...Sounds as this some sort of a scientific experiment in ME.
IMO, global elite has assumed the role, it itself does not fully understands. More crafted philosophically 'one world' approach must be formalized.

)) cheers

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

Terraforming is the side effect.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

It could be argued all of this could be equally bad in USA and UK, but I'm not particularly fond of them either.

It looks like they have us cornered.

Can't even hide out on a island, they would just suck the sand right out from underneath us.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Come to think of it, any US citizen should hate Russia, because they are both fishing in the same pond which is Europe. So it's either the US psychiatrist who will win or the Russian one so you should root for your US psychiatrist. Or say they are both crazy and reconsider everything.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I must agree with you Network Dude. I don't believe that the Russians really pose any actual threat to us. If so, why would we be doing joint space ops with them if this was the case? Our astronauts hitch rides to the space station with them now. If they were truly our enemy, why would we allow that to be the case?

My feeling is that we are actually friends with Russia, and the "Russians are our enemy" line is used to instill fear in our population as a control mechanism of some sort. For what purpose, I can't say.

Anyway, that's my take.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: repairguyt

My feeling is that we are actually friends with Russia, and the "Russians are our enemy" line is used to instill fear in our population as a control mechanism of some sort. For what purpose, I can't say.

Same reason Putin keeps saying NATO is a threat to Russia.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

you're not supposed to "hate" anyone or any country, just understand the dangers of what could happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The Russian Ambassador to Turkey has just been shot in Turkey.
NOW it might be time to be scared of Russia.
edit on 19/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The Russian Ambassador t turkey has just been shot in Turkey.
NOW it might be time to be scared of Russia.

Nope: Putin respects Erdogan now, remember?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Thanks, mate!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Wow, thank you, I really appreciate that!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join