It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

tell me again how Trump is going to subvert the Constitution and become a dictator. Then please explain how that process might work. I'm sure you can since you are a constitutional lawyer and all. Barry? is that you?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You may be a tad nuanced for this forum...

Fricken leftie communist Putin-Troll!

Better? I think we could boil it down to the phrase 'everything evil in this world comes from Russia with love'. Just think about the kids, they need a clear propaganda to follow the leaders lead without having to think so much. Thinking is boring and a waste of good consumption time.

this city’s a trap my partner

edit on 13-12-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It is true, it is the television. Don't listen to that effing device. I just laugh at that thing now. Basically, the western governments "dislike" Russia is because the Russian government isn't subservient to western interests. For some reason, our country thinks it owns the world and is it's parent. Making Russia and China out as enemies if the west makes the average Joe blind to how they belittle foreign governments on a constant basis, which yes, does anger them. It also disappoints them as how people believe everything TV says. Maybe people should just watch movies and read like me... you'll feel smarter having done it. I haven't watched television in years cause it's all 24 hour B.S. I'm not exalting Russia or Chinese governments. I a believer that most... almost all governments... are full of Looney Toons. I swear I feel like my tap water was spiked with some hallucinogen when I watch the TV or read the news.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Wow! where do you meet all these hot russian chicks anyway..

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Well, since Russia is run by a corrupt dictator who's invading neighboring countries, participating in mass genocide in Syria, and trying to influence the US election, there's plenty of reason to dislike Putin personally, and suspect Russia in general. But hey, you Trumpers keep banging your drums about MSM making up stories. I know you like you own made-up stories much better, (I'm looking at you Brietbart, InfoWars, FOX'NEWS' and RNC). If the roles were reversed, and Trump lost, I have all the confidence in the world that the right-wing nut jobs would all be losing whatever's left of their collectives minds trying to tie all liberals to a great Red Conspiracy. I don't expect the bottom line to change at all - that is, I don't expect Trump to no longer be President-elect. But to simply dismiss the real evidence of Russian tampering is pure stupidity, (or, pure 'Trump').

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

Well, since Russia is run by a corrupt dictator who's invading neighboring countries, participating in mass genocide in Syria, and trying to influence the US election, there's plenty of reason to dislike Putin personally, and suspect Russia in general. But hey, you Trumpers keep banging your drums about MSM making up stories. I know you like you own made-up stories much better, (I'm looking at you Brietbart, InfoWars, FOX'NEWS' and RNC). If the roles were reversed, and Trump lost, I have all the confidence in the world that the right-wing nut jobs would all be losing whatever's left of their collectives minds trying to tie all liberals to a great Red Conspiracy. I don't expect the bottom line to change at all - that is, I don't expect Trump to no longer be President-elect. But to simply dismiss the real evidence of Russian tampering is pure stupidity, (or, pure 'Trump').

Show me the "real evidence". I mean, I don't want to be "stupid".

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Your name is quite fitting.

Personally, I think we have a lot more in common with the Russians than we do with the Arabs. I wouldn't be surprised if they tampered with the elections but then again the Democrats do it all the time so it's a wash.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: TownCryer

Show me the "real evidence". I mean, I don't want to be "stupid".

Go talk to the National Security Council (Both GOP and DEM are calling for an investigation), The President or the CIA if you want the evidence.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: wills120

Yeah, you're right. Instead of looking a potential threat from an outsider who's a traditional rival of ours, let's focus on the bull sh*t those who run both sides of the political spectrum spread on all of us. Damn, Wills120, I wish YOU were our President-elect. You sound like a natural

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Me? I couldn't care less about shillaryous trumpets on parade, the 50% non-voters are more of my kind.
EUmeriKKKa newsflash:

One Year After Russia Annexed Crimea, Locals Prefer Moscow To Kiev

Who on Ceres cares anyway. Russian Invasion!!!nineeleven
You know about the rights to some gas-fields, which now belong to Mothereffin Russia? Exxon and Shell, eh?
Good night, good fight! I like this mud, kinda funny in a sad way.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: StudColt

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: StudColt
a reply to: Indigo5

I can think of about 20 American so called journalists that deserve the same treatment.

WOW....I'd say if you are a fan of murdering journalists...you should move to Russia...but somehow I suspect that is a mute point.

Solid rebuttal. Moot point. I'm a fan of murdering traitors and scumbags

By that standard Trump would be face down in a back alley puddle by now.

But as democracy rolls he will go down as the worst President in history and be facing impeachment within 48 months ...by his own party.

Example..
With his election and Exxon Putin Ally sec of state pick....Putin felt good about signing a deal with OPEC..to restrict production of oil and RIGHT NOW gas prices are rising in the US during winter months..which is near unheard of. We can look forward to 3.50 to 4 dollar gas by spring if 2017. How is that going to feel for blue collar Americans?

Trump is going to hammer the American Economy..a dozen different ways..and it will be the folks who voted for him that will call the loudest for his head.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I don't know anything about life in the now annexed Crimea. But I do suspect that if you ask enough people, or the 'right' people, you can get a survey to show anything you want.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We are supposed to hate Russia because if the U.S. and Russian were to become solid Allies, then the entire rest of the world is left behind. The UN, Nato, Opec, etc are done for. We have nobody else to fight with. After all, who would dare take on the U.S. and Russia combined? What country would have the ability to hurt either of us? China? Not possible. Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia? Not possible. We would have the ability to shut down any of them and they know it. Bring it on, we might be at peace for once.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Why are you supposed to hate the U.S.?

Or.. do you just hate how the government operates? I think most folks don't "hate" any country en-masse in general. They hate how their government handles things. How politicians are corrupt, and how they use their military to conquer other innocent nations. I probably wouldn't have an issue with 95% of Russians I met.. or Iranians.. or Syrians.. or Israeli citizens.. and so on.

I don't care for Putin, his methods, his buddies, his possible running for another term.. and so on. Doesn't mean I hate Russia. I've never had a hate towards any country.. ever. Makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I am almost 50, so I grew up in the heart of the cold war. I remember the fear, the rhetoric, the "commies". But what exactly is the reason we are supposed to be against them right now? I get that they spy on us. (I think it's possible we do a tiny bit of spying ourselves) I get that they have a strong military and enough nukes to blow up the world almost or more times than we can. (many more than 2) And I get that they have a different political spectrum. And seriously, if I am missing something, please enlighten me, this is a real question.

It just seems to me that a country as large and powerful as Russia is, would make a much better friend than an enemy. I'm in no way suggesting we open any locked doors to them or share any secrets, just that we stop the un-needed hate rhetoric. Again, if there is a legitimate reason for US vs. Them, please explain.

Its nice to hear a comment from someone like yourself who has lived through that time yourself seeing the in a sense, propaganda. I am 25 years old and still see how things have changed. From a point where the cold war was a point in time to make amends and move forward in a positive manner, it would seem that no matter what deal is placed down on the table there is some that love power and with such consumes them. So we reach another pinnacle point in time where power hungry greed trumps all. Only problem with having leaders in any sense, there is no real control for the citizens.

This new phase of pushing hate towards Russia comes from the idea that America wants every under the radar for looking like potential terrorists in case their deals don't hold up. Knowing what happened with the American dream of housing bonds that collapsed. They know that the only way to keep worth is in gold and precious minerals. There is a secret war going on in Syria for those materials and thus America and Russia are interested in that area and again at each others necks. Money, power and greed = Corruption.

This will continue for as long as there is someone in power, in all countries. People are never satisfied with the Ferrari in the garage, they need the next top model.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Agree with you on the TPTB. Ask yourself why they are a traditional rival? We have ideological and Geo-political issues with Russia but it's not like they rammed planes into our buildings or beheaded our people.

I think we could all agree on one thing: Let's give Soros to Putin and they can give ISIS a good rogering....of course, we created ISIS so that may not go over well.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hate Russia? It is all a game. One show's title explains it best. Game of thrones. You choose for yourself if you want to play it. Every government has done bad things.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Do you know how easy it is to fabricate evidence? It is unbelievably easy if all individuals are complacent in it. Especially computers. Easiest of all.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gyo01
Do you know how easy it is to fabricate evidence? It is unbelievably easy if all individuals are complacent in it. Especially computers. Easiest of all.

So you will never accept any evidence ever again?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: UKTruth
To answer the question in the OP... you are supposed to hate Russia because Clinton lost.
It's that simple.

Not because they murdered thousands of Chechens in a ruthless bombing campaign?

Not to harp on your post more than others, but I do have a question regarding this particular charge. If we go to another country and engage in a ruthless bombing campaign, and thousands of people die, are those lives more, less or equal to the lives of Americans?

All lives are equal. Bombing civilians is a crime. All nations engage in it. (Yes; Bush, Cheney, Putin, and Assad are all war criminals but I do not expect any of them will pay for their misdeeds. Except, possibly, Assad.)

You missed a few of the Democrats why?

I ask that because Clinton and Obama have bombed and burned out young innocent lives too so we have liberal's causing this too (Waco and the ME to refresh you). Carter was the only one who didn't but, bless him, he got the Shaw kicked out of Iran and started the ME hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join