It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

As of last week 48% had an unfavourable view of Trump (HuffPo), which is as close to 'rejection' as we know.

Exactly. He's not even President yet.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

As of last week 48% had an unfavourable view of Trump (HuffPo), which is as close to 'rejection' as we know.

Exactly. He's not even President yet.

Indeed.. he's overtaken Clinton now in favourability and his net favourables are rising fast. I suspect by the time he is president his unfavourables will be an even smaller minority.
It's all going wrong for you guys, isn't it?

edit on 13/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Don't worry; you Fascists will eventually destroy each other.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Don't worry; you Fascists will eventually destroy each other.

And then it's happy #ing days for you and the rest? Seriously, why is it so important for the country to fail? Does that mean you win in some sick twisted way?

news flash, YOU LIVE HERE TOO!

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
Very rude and uncivil comment in response to someone who was asking an honest question and admitting that they didn't have the whole picture.

And I thought that Masons were supposed to be upstanding and friendly.

Considering Network and I are friends in real life I can call him Zippy the Chimp if I want to.

Although the Zipster is a bit more handsome.

And smells better.

edit on 13-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a demon stole it

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I am almost 50, so I grew up in the heart of the cold war. I remember the fear, the rhetoric, the "commies". But what exactly is the reason we are supposed to be against them right now? I get that they spy on us. (I think it's possible we do a tiny bit of spying ourselves) I get that they have a strong military and enough nukes to blow up the world almost or more times than we can. (many more than 2) And I get that they have a different political spectrum. And seriously, if I am missing something, please enlighten me, this is a real question.

It just seems to me that a country as large and powerful as Russia is, would make a much better friend than an enemy. I'm in no way suggesting we open any locked doors to them or share any secrets, just that we stop the un-needed hate rhetoric. Again, if there is a legitimate reason for US vs. Them, please explain.
We're close in age and I've wondered the same thing.

If we,as humans,would stop hating maybe we'd get something positive done....as a species.No money in that,I guess.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You are not???...But the Murderer, Dictator, Psychopath that has seized power there is to be opposed by anyone that believes in freedom

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

HUNDREDS of journalists that spoke out against Putin that have been murdered.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here’s a list of Putin critics who've ended up dead
www.businessinsider.com...

Poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko...This one always stood out to me because Putin wanted the world to know it was him. He sent a message...First time anyone was murdered via Spent Radioactive Material...conveniently with a half-life signature tracing back to Russia

Alexander Litvinenko was a former officer of the Russian Federal Security Service, FSB and KGB, who fled from court prosecution in Russia and received political asylum in the United Kingdom.

Upon his arrival to London, he continued to support the Russian oligarch in exile, Boris Berezovsky, in his media campaign against the Russian government.

Litvinenko wrote two books, Blowing up Russia: Terror from within and Lubyanka Criminal Group, where he accused the Russian secret services of staging Russian apartment bombings and other terrorism acts to bring Vladimir Putin to power.

On 1 November 2006, Litvinenko suddenly fell ill and was hospitalized. He died three weeks later, becoming the first confirmed victim of lethal polonium-210-induced acute radiation syndrome.

According to doctors, "Litvinenko's murder represents an ominous landmark: the beginning of an era of nuclear terrorism".

Litvinenko's allegations about the misdeeds of the FSB and his public deathbed accusations that Russian president Vladimir Putin was behind his unusual malady resulted in worldwide media coverage.

British authorities asserted that "we are 100% sure who administered the poison, where and how", but they did not disclose their evidence in the interest of a future trial. The main suspect in the case, a former officer of the Russian Federal Protective Service (FSO), Andrei Lugovoy, remains in Russia. As a member of the Duma, he now enjoys immunity from prosecution. Before he was elected to the Duma, the British government tried to extradite him without success.

In his last statement he said about Putin:

...this may be the time to say one or two things to the person responsible for my present condition.

You may succeed in silencing me but that silence comes at a price. You have shown yourself to be as barbaric and ruthless as your most hostile critics have claimed.

You have shown yourself to have no respect for life, liberty or any civilised value.

You have shown yourself to be unworthy of your office, to be unworthy of the trust of civilized men and women.

You may succeed in silencing one man but the howl of protest from around the world will reverberate, Mr Putin, in your ears for the rest of your life.

May God forgive you for what you have done, not only to me but to beloved Russia and its people

Putin can go eff himself...And so can Trump for worshipping him.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

You are not???...But the Murderer, Dictator, Psychopath that has seized power there is to be opposed by anyone that believes in freedom

Putin was elected.
As for murdering psychopaths, you've had 8 years of that in the USA and you don;t seem to hate Obama.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

And in the USA, your govt. executes enemies of the state without trial.
People in glass houses...
As for Trump worshipping Putin, do you have any evidence of that or are you just talking #?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

MY government...not yours...could care less about your propaganda campaign and BS.

As for Trump worshipping Putin, do you have any evidence of that or are you just talking #?

The evidence is endless...starting in 2013 right after the Kremlin compromised Trump while he was in Moscow for the Miss USA Pageant...all the way up to yesterday when he ridiculously nominated one of Putin's cronies and best friends as Secretary of State.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

MY government...not yours...could care less about your propaganda campaign and BS.

The evidence is endless...starting in 2013 right after the Kremlin compromised Trump while he was in Moscow for the Miss USA Pageant...all the way up to yesterday when he ridiculously nominated one of Putin's cronies and best friends as Secretary of State.

As I suspected, you were talking # as usual.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Putin was elected.

After he ..
(A) Changed the constitution to allow him to stay in power..
2008: Russia's constitution is set to change, to its former president's advantage
www.economist.com...
(B) Rigged his elections
The Constitutionality of Vladimir Putin’s Third Term
www.brookings.edu...
(C) Eliminated the 4 year term
Russian presidential term extended to 6 years
www.cnn.com...

He is Dictator...No doubt Trump has similar plans for his rule.

(post by StudColt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Putin was elected.

After he ..
2008: Russia's constitution is set to change, to its former president's advantage
www.economist.com...
(B) Rigged his elections
www.brookings.edu...
www.cnn.com...

The terms were raised form 4 to 6 years but the limit to 2 consecutive terms is still there. (it's 5 years in the UK and there are no term rules - is the UK a dictatorship too?)
Putin won the election with over 60% of the vote and has enjoyed high approval ratings.

On a world stage he has done some terrible things and so has Obama and people like Tony Blair and George Bush. All much of a muchness, but your blindness and willingness to be spoon fed your daily dose of liberal poison leaves your mind rendered useless.

You have said nothing of the crimes of your own govt. but want to finger point at everyone else. You are, in every sense of the word, a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: StudColt
a reply to: Indigo5

I can think of about 20 American so called journalists that deserve the same treatment.

WOW....I'd say if you are a fan of murdering journalists...you should move to Russia...but somehow I suspect that is a mute point.
edit on 13-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Putin was elected.

After he ..
www.economist.com...
(B) Rigged his elections
www.brookings.edu...
www.cnn.com...

You may want to invest a tiny bit of time reading and UNDERSTANDING the constitution of the United States. That way, you won't make asinine statements such as that in the future.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Putin was elected.

After he ..
www.economist.com...
(B) Rigged his elections
www.brookings.edu...
www.cnn.com...

You may want to invest a tiny bit of time reading and UNDERSTANDING the constitution of the United States. That way, you won't make asinine statements such as that in the future.

Oh...I am confident I have read and understand the constitution infinitely better than yourself and certainly more-so than the overgrown oompa-loompa, Putin Fan-Boy, President-Elect.

It would be one thing if Trump merely displayed a lack of knowledge of the Constitution. Ignorance can be corrected. However, the problem is not just that Trump is ignorant of the Constitution; it’s that he doesn’t care.

www.politico.com...

My favorite was this..

Trump’s private meeting with Republican members of Congress, when the candidate expressed his admiration for Article 12 of the Constitution, apparently unaware that there are only seven Articles.

“He was just listing out numbers,” said Congressman Blake Farenthold (R-Texas), a Trump supporter.

www.politico.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Putin was elected.

After he ..
www.economist.com...
(B) Rigged his elections
www.brookings.edu...
www.cnn.com...

Oh...I am confident I have read and understand the constitution infinitely better than yourself and certainly more-so than the overgrown oompa-loompa, Putin Fan-Boy, President-Elect.

It would be one thing if Trump merely displayed a lack of knowledge of the Constitution. Ignorance can be corrected. However, the problem is not just that Trump is ignorant of the Constitution; it’s that he doesn’t care.

www.politico.com...

My favorite was this..

Trump’s private meeting with Republican members of Congress, when the candidate expressed his admiration for Article 12 of the Constitution, apparently unaware that there are only seven Articles.

“He was just listing out numbers,” said Congressman Blake Farenthold (R-Texas), a Trump supporter.

www.politico.com...

Your baby tears are beautiful

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: StudColt
a reply to: Indigo5

I can think of about 20 American so called journalists that deserve the same treatment.

WOW....I'd say if you are a fan of murdering journalists...you should move to Russia...but somehow I suspect that is a mute point.

Solid rebuttal. Moot point. I'm a fan of murdering traitors and scumbags. Having a press pass doesn't make one a journalist.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join