It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I supposed to hate Russia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+89 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I am almost 50, so I grew up in the heart of the cold war. I remember the fear, the rhetoric, the "commies". But what exactly is the reason we are supposed to be against them right now? I get that they spy on us. (I think it's possible we do a tiny bit of spying ourselves) I get that they have a strong military and enough nukes to blow up the world almost or more times than we can. (many more than 2) And I get that they have a different political spectrum. And seriously, if I am missing something, please enlighten me, this is a real question.

It just seems to me that a country as large and powerful as Russia is, would make a much better friend than an enemy. I'm in no way suggesting we open any locked doors to them or share any secrets, just that we stop the un-needed hate rhetoric. Again, if there is a legitimate reason for US vs. Them, please explain.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well, to quote Dear Leader, hating on the Ruskies is so 1980's. Maybe, like him, you are more evolved politically.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Russians can't be all that bad. There is this cute Russian chick who works at a restaurant I like to eat at and she always seems in good spirits. Smiles, very friendly, likes to joke around. She doesn't really have a "DEATH TO AMERICA" attitude. I've met several russians in my adventure, and they were all ok people, except for one or two.. but you get that anywhere.

I also used to hang out with another hot Russian chick that rode with me on my motorcycle until she moved away.
edit on 12/12/2016 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I just either don't remember why, or aren't smart enough to understand why. It's why I asked. Evolution has very little to do with anything I am a part of.

+49 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Because if it were not for Russian support, ISIS and the rebels (ie, al-Qaida) would have taken over Syria by now. Obama wants this. Therefore, Russia is our enemy.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Evolution has very little to do with anything I am a part of.

I understand my knuckle dragging friend.

I just think it is odd that during the previous election cycle Romney was castigated by Obama for saying that Russia was our main geo-political adversary and that we had hit the reset button with them. Move forward one election cycle and the message is 180* different.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I dunno, the TV tells me I should hate them. So....

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, to quote Dear Leader, hating on the Ruskies is so 1980's. Maybe, like him, you are more evolved politically.

Take it from someone that knows. "When it absolutely has to be destroyed in 30 minutes" or "Its not the end of the world , but we can start it from here" Though it is so 50s through 70s. Not so much 80s. Seems like Obama and crew wants to bring back the old days though. Wonder why ? Sentimental reasons ?
Both the old Soviet and US leaders considered it a humorous game. The Soviets would fly the Russian Bears just barely outside US airspace. In return , they got a BUNCH of BUFFs circling like buzzards just outside their airspace.
Peace

edit on 12/12/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This just crossed my mind the other day. I have no animosity towards Russia. I'm 47 and grew up with the cold war as well.

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There are plenty of valid reasons to be distrustful of Russia.

Exposing corruption in the DNC isn't one of them.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
the cult-like manifesto keeps on rolling.

strange thing.

Trump has a hypnosis-like grip on things.
everyone he allies with or says is now good.

think hard about russia.

+49 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
To answer the question in the OP... you are supposed to hate Russia because Clinton lost.
It's that simple.

+35 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

It's a hang-over from when dinosaurs ruled the western political landscape, keeping entire populations in a state of perpetual terror via fear-based propaganda is an astounding control mechanism, especially for the weapons manufacturers.

These days, only The Hillary Clintonites continue the charade, the rest of us have woken up.

How can I save my little boy from Oppenheimer's deadly toy?
There is no monopoly on common sense
On either side of the political fence.
We share the same biology, regardless of ideology.
Believe me when I say to you,
I hope the Russians love their children too...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Evolution has very little to do with anything I am a part of.

I understand my knuckle dragging friend.

I just think it is odd that during the previous election cycle Romney was castigated by Obama for saying that Russia was our main geo-political adversary and that we had hit the reset button with them. Move forward one election cycle and the message is 180* different.

I have no real idea what the political ideals are in all this, I kind of ignore that as best I can, I just try to keep my thoughts small enough that I don't confuse myself. (that way I don't loose arguments when I second guess my actions)

I honestly was thinking of this in a normal, "what would I like to see happen" kind of way. Fearing nuclear devastation was fun while it lasted, but this whole new "make the world better with less war and killing" theme might just catch on.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
To answer the question in the OP... you are supposed to hate Russia because Clinton lost.
It's that simple.

Best dad blasted post on this thread . We gotta hate some country . Why not Russia ?

edit on 12/12/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
the cult-like manifesto keeps on rolling.

strange thing.

Trump has a hypnosis-like grip on things.
everyone he allies with or says is now good.

think hard about russia.

I did think about it, and I was left with the question I asked. Perhaps it's Trump that made this question pop up, perhaps not. But can you explain what we are supposed to be against Russia for?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I honestly was thinking of this in a normal, "what would I like to see happen" kind of way. Fearing nuclear devastation was fun while it lasted, but this whole new "make the world better with less war and killing" theme might just catch on.

Well, I personally agree with you, better to not get into war than the converse. I think in the end we will find we have more in common than not.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

It's that simple.

Not because they murdered thousands of Chechens in a ruthless bombing campaign? Not because they have taken bites out of their neighbors? Not because they burned Ukrainians alive? Not because they invaded Crimea and lied about it? Not because they shot down a civilian airliner and blamed it on someone else? Not because they are funding extremist political parties around the world?

Not that simple after all, is it, Comrade?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There are plenty of valid reasons to be distrustful of Russia.

Exposing corruption in the DNC isn't one of them.

Trust is earned, so no problems there. We share borders with Mexico and Canada, and I don't think we should "trust" them fully either. But we still do business with them. (Just think of the level of corruption that exists in Mexico and Mexican government, and yet we smile and point across the oceans when looking for a scrap.)

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It's that simple.

Not because they murdered thousands of Chechens in a ruthless bombing campaign? Not because they have taken bites out of their neighbors? Not because they burned Ukrainians alive? Not because they invaded Crimea and lied about it? Not because they shot down a civilian airliner and blamed it on someone else? Not because they are funding extremist political parties around the world?

Not that simple after all, is it, Comrade?

I'm not trying to legitimize anything anyone else did, but didn't the US try to fund the opposition to Syria (which just happens to be ISIS?) and Didn't we install Sadam Hussein and look the other way when he gassed his people? I think if we really put all this in perspective, nobody is wearing white gloves here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join