It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations, Vladimir Vladimirovitch, you won!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I admit defeat. Vladimir Putin, black belt judoka, has done what the KGB failed to do for eighty years. He has used the Western world's openness, freedoms, and liberality against the very system that protected them. He has used freedom of speech to undermine faith in liberal democracy. He has manipulated the electoral process to place a weak minded demagogue in power. He has flooded the media with so much static that people feel free to dismiss any disquieting fact as "fake news."

I can only hope that the scandals about to roil the United States government will serve as a wake up call. There are such things as facts, and seeing them is a matter of observation and critical thinking, not opinion.

+46 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
I admit defeat. Vladimir Putin, black belt judoka, has done what the KGB failed to do for eighty years. He has used the Western world's openness, freedoms, and liberality against the very system that protected them. He has used freedom of speech to undermine faith in liberal democracy. He has manipulated the electoral process to place a weak minded demagogue in power. He has flooded the media with so much static that people feel free to dismiss any disquieting fact as "fake news."

I can only hope that the scandals about to roil the United States government will serve as a wake up call. There are such things as facts, and seeing them is a matter of observation and critical thinking, not opinion.

Yeah like I'm sure Russia in all its infinite glory has the power to control the United States voting process in its entirety... You realize how rediculous that sounds?

+36 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nice fairy tale.

Got any more?

+30 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
You sure it was Putin ? Then you must have inside information
I say , if the Russians and others were involved , they assisted the US in not electing a slimy grease ball to be President. One Hillary Clinton . They knew her for what she was.
They knew it , why dont you ?

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Blaming Russia is nothing but a cop out excuse and useless Cold War rhetoric that no one has the indulgence to take seriously. Get real.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Yeah like I'm sure Russia in all its infinite glory has the power to control the United States voting process in its entirety... You realize how rediculous that sounds?

He did not need to control the voting process, he manipulated the thoughts, hopes, and fears of the electorate through a combination of black propaganda (RT, globalresearch,ca, etc.), the internet echo chamber, and selected leaks to legitimate news organizations. Putin, like Hitler before him, realizes that the key to victory is control of information. Information, whether true or false, shapes minds.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Cool story!
Tell it again.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Blaming Russia is nothing but a cop out excuse and useless Cold War rhetoric that no one has the indulgence to take seriously. Get real.

Are you saying that Putin is as incompetent as the KGB used to be?

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
When will the Liberals look at a mirror and actually place some of the blames where it belongs. This election is more of a revolt against liberal's progressive policies than anything else, but sure blame the Russians and Fake News.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Cool story!
Tell it again.

I'll just skip to the happy ending: all of the fellow travelers will start to out themselves.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

a reply to: 4N0M4LY

He did not need to control the voting process, he manipulated the thoughts, hopes, and fears of the electorate through a combination of black propaganda (RT, globalresearch,ca, etc.), the internet echo chamber, and selected leaks to legitimate news organizations. Putin, like Hitler before him, realizes that the key to victory is control of information. Information, whether true or false, shapes minds.

That is a cool fairy tale. LOL. Dude go take your meds man or get some coffee. You have been watching TV way too much. I would actually might believe you if you said it was China. But alas no one has jumped on that bandwagon yet.

+30 more 
link   

Here we go, I was wondering where's the Hitler analogy.

It's insane to me that you'd blame Putin for exposing the truth about your lying, corrupted, murderous leader of your cult organization called the Democratic Party.

+23 more 
link   
So the MSM said it so it must be right? LOL, you are easy.

When will you guys admit that Hillary lost because of who she was? We are sick and tired of the BS, so we voted against it. Keep blaming the world when the blame lands square in the candidate chosen to represent you.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Can you even define, in your own words, the difference between 'normal propaganda', and 'black propaganda', and then for us provide a clear example of Putin wielding black propaganda directly at the USA electorate in general, and better yet anything as such that the masses actually heard about? Or are you just playing pivot man in here?
edit on 12-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Putin has zero interest in trying to influence a world superpower. I'm pretty sure he is too busy fixing that broken country of his.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
When will the Liberals look at a mirror and actually place some of the blames where it belongs. This election is more of a revolt against liberal's progressive policies than anything else, but sure blame the Russians and Fake News.

Exactly what you have been programmed to think. There is no doubt that the Democratic Party was its own worst enemy in the last election. They did not take advantage of the "wisdom of the crowd," but went with a candidate that was appointed in a back room deal. The Dems lost because they were not practicing liberal democracy.

The Russians exploited the forces of reaction here in the United States, just as they have been cultivating it elsewhere:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Putin has zero interest in trying to influence a world superpower. I'm pretty sure he is too busy fixing that broken country of his.

No, he is busy trying to distract the Russian people from their floundering economy. He has promised to "Make Russia great again." (Sound familiar.) In order to do that, he needs to make every other country less great.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So, What I am getting out of the "Russians/Putin Debacle" is that they released actual information about the Clinton campaign: cheating, media manipulation, vote tampering in the primaries, etc., in order to sway American opinion toward the Trump campaign.

What exactly was the entire American media doing during the Presidential election cycle?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join