It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making "Captured Lightning" (Million-volt Sculptures) from Bert Hickman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This video is amazing, they are using a particle accelerator to make this amazing art work that as a side effect, discharges lightning for minutes after creation

i thought this was fake at first, that's how crazy this looks

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
That was a pleasure to watch. How effin cool this is. Makes you think twice about the potential static energy held in objects.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I seen this one before and yes, very amazing. I enjoy different mediums of art. Nice to more are coming out of different facets of life, namely science.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Very beautiful indeed. I wonder why they don´t wear gloves while handling? The other thing is, each single atom of that cube stores more energy than you can ever put into that cube, with methods like this.

But nonetheless, amazing results!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

They were charging these up this past weekend. They do it out of someplace in Ohio once or twice a year. My brother-in-law brought a few over on Thanksgiving a few years ago and let the kids set them off. He keeps them in a cooler with dry ice so they hold the charge. I have a few of these that are bottom lit from LED and they are pretty cool.

I know they were doing 1000's of small ones but he said they were doing a 4' sheet. I'll ask him today to send a photo and post it if I can.

edit on 12-12-2016 by 2ndFUTURE because: added info

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, they are beautiful. I think I know what to get dad for christmas now XD

-Alee

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Really cool!

Wish it wasn't $225 for a 3 inch cube. You can get a 4 inch star for only 40 bucks though.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A very neat idea indeed. It's got me thinking of all the different applications they could be used for.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

it is amazing. i'm thinking about saving my pennies up and ordering one.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If I pour my double garage 6x6m with acrylic and attatch a huge lightning rod to it, I can build a mega lightning sculpture

And I already have someone on my mind who will be "honored" with being the one to poke it to set it off.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I know they pay $400/hr there to do these. All went well the other weekend and there are lots of people who help on an instant assembly line to take advantage of time. Somebody too 360 video of the process.

I took photos of all the ones I have but I don't have the time to figure out how to upload a photo on this site. It's been a few years and not like it was before.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Looks like neurons, feathers, blood vessels, ice, etc... LOVE it.

Now I must have one!

I have 2 as a part of my collection, but theyre SO fragile.. lightening which has struck a beach : Fulgurite. Theyre like hollow glass tubes. www.amusingplanet.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I was just talking about this over breakfast. A bunch of barbed wire was buried in a heap of earth/shingles/whatever and got struck to fuse and make art. From what I know it's just a guess that's what happened.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thank's for posting, those are very interesting, I want.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

wow

top topics

join