It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'swamp' is beginning to overflow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Puzder is also a strong supporter of increased immigration, which provides his companies with a fresh supply of cheap workers — plus additional customers. In 2013, he supported the proposed “Comprehensive Immigration Reform” bill which would have provided companies with more white-collar H-1B guest-workers, plus more than thirty million new workers and customers by 2023.

Puzder also supported Gov. Jeb Bush and Sen. Marco Rubio, both of whom were defeated by Trump during the campaign, as he promised to curb low-wage competition from imported workers.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I don't really care who he hires as long as they are competent and get the job done

Oh I'm sure they'll be competent at their job, but their job is to take all of our money and screw us over.

No they already got the (shedloads) money as bailouts from the Obama govt. in 2008 , and now they owe it back . The Trump can now ask the Goldman sachs president , every day if he likes ; How much of the money are we getting paid back today? , without panicking wall street , or breaking important investment banks .

No one is mentioning mad-dog Mattis : is the kind of guy you need in this weather ..
And as for billionaires , theyre certainly not all Rockerfellerites or morally defunct .All that money in their cabinet makes them collectively hard as nails , better funded and way faster than any alphabet soupers
edit on 12-12-2016 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
No matter who is president, no one will be happy. I wish people would actually post something constructive and meaningful instead of the same vitrol about how X candidate/president elect is bad and etc etc etc.

If I had a dollar for everytime some random person said "Trump is bad,evil, liar, racist, corrupt." I would be richer than Bill Gates.

What is the next thing your going to tell me about Trump? That he is a Russian supporter? Im so over this crap.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Not to make it a personal issue, but most predictions turn out to be false, at least around here.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I suggest we get the Trump Train on the tracks and loaded before we prognosticate all manner of stops, delays and breakdowns, having not even left the station, 'as it were'. Bout a month and a week and the Trump Administration will be in place for the most part, with only a few vacancies like Supreme Court Justice.

There's an apt saying out there....
"Those saying it can't be done, stay out of the way of those Doing it".

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Oh give me a break, you had no issue going into all 10 thousands Hillary email threads and supporting them.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
lol lobbyists are scumbags. they know very well they are peddling poison, and continue to do so to get them to upper upper middle class status.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
I predict a quiet 4 years from the ATS members that voted for Trump.

I don't. The spin is expected.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
One man's SWAMP is another man's SWIMMING POOL.

If one doesn't mind swimming in filth.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

No they already got the (shedloads) money as bailouts from the Obama govt. in 2008

Bush bailed the banks out not Obama.

No one is mentioning mad-dog Mattis : is the kind of guy you need in this weather ..

So but the rules say he can't have the job. Not to mention he is on the board of one of the companies that supplies tanks so no he wouldn't be a good choice. Besides he's a sicko that gets off on killing people.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Whats more telling is that even Breitbart, which has been Trumps own personal propaganda machine, is starting to get irritated and slighted by his picks....

That should start to speak volumes......

But to his supporters Trumpjesus can do no wrong...

I love the double standard about how they went after people like Cruz and even Hillary, over Goldman Sachs, but then Trump straight up appoints the head of the damn company and they dont have one word to say, they just make another excuse......

Pathetic and no objectivity coming from his base.....

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Pathetic and no objectivity coming from his base.....

My thoughts exactly, they have their heads firmly planted in the sand. They've already put too much energy into supporting Trump to admit they're wrong. They've taken on the personality of Trump in that regard, refusing to admit they're wrong about anything despite the obvious implications of who he is hiring.
edit on 12/12/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
Trump IS the establishment or at least its puppet, he has been in the spotlight for decades now appearing on countless MSM outlets and even having his own show on TV. Trump has sold his soul to the devil (in this case the establishment) and he is only paying his debts by becoming president and continuing his handlers' agenda.

Riiiiight!

Then why is the whole of the establishment bending over backwards to try and stop his presidency?

The world isn't as black and white as you think. There are rich people who are not corrupted. Trump is one of them.

soulwaxer

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
a reply to: enlightenedservant
lol lobbyists are scumbags. they know very well they are peddling poison, and continue to do so to get them to upper upper middle class status.

Some lobbyists are scumbags. Just as some cops, lawyers, farmers, teachers, and soldiers are scumbags. Welcome to the human race. But judging an entire profession by its worse members is dumb and gets us nowhere. Especially when it seems that most people don't even know what lobbyists do.

ETA: You can't seriously think that all lobbyists bribe people and break the law, do you?
edit on 12-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Technically, all of the Cabinet level appointees have to be confirmed by the Senate first. Sometimes it takes several months to get an appointee confirmed.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Then why is the whole of the establishment bending over backwards to try and stop his presidency?

You mean like the powerful CEO's and bankers that are joining his Cabinet? How on earth are they against him if they're literally teaming up with him?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Lol, you must not have read my OP very thoroughly because this very question is what was answered in it. The establishment is being hired into his cabinet, they say one thing but believe another.

It's all a charade to make people such as yourself believe things are changing when they're really not. They want you to think Trump is anti-establishment so that you will support him. Pretty simple.

He's already going back on pretty much everything he said while campaigning, funny thing is his supporters know this but are making excuses to normalize it. Funny how that works, bash Hillary her entire campaign for taking money from Goldman Sachs then praise Trump for hiring Goldman Sachs after he is elected. Do you honestly not see the blatant hypocrisy in that logic?

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

One answer I saw before is that he's basically keeping his friends close and his enemies closer. A second answered that it makes sense to have some insiders on his team because they know how to navigate the system. And another claimed that putting these powerbrokers in official positions would open them up to public scrutiny (and presumably force them to finally act ethically). I don't have a problem with either of those arguments except that they completely obliterate the argument for being "anti-establishment"!

Going by that logic, we should be supporting all politicians that fill their administrations with powerbrokers and insiders. After all, every one of those politicians could also be "keeping their enemies closer", adding figures that know the system inside & out, and forcing those people to be more heavily scrutinized.

So no, they shouldn't believe that Hillary was going to fill her Cabinet with insiders because she's corrupt. She was actually just trying to keep her enemies close and force them to operate under a microscope. LOL (For the record, I voted for Stein since I don't trust either Trump or Clinton.)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If you don't care who he hires then why did you care who Clinton was receiving money from? Both cases pertain to Goldman Sachs so it seems as though you have set a double standard in Trump's favor. Not very objective of you, seems more like cognitive dissonance to me.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
I predict a quiet 4 years from the ATS members that voted for Trump.

They'll be quiet from embarrassment but the world will be aflame with Trump madness when his Goldman Sacks, Gas & Oil Military junta takes over

Or should we call it

The Military Gas & Oil Goldman Sacks corporation

Or the

Gas & Oil Military Junta of Goldman Sacks

<< 1    3 >>

join